"I wouldn't want to play the Packers right now." - Peter King

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just wanna beat the hell out of the eagles!

BUT Dallas would be the easiest win in round 1 then the Pack then the eagles.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This probably means we want to play the Packers right now. Peter King has a rubberized skull I hear.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
We play them twice though........in a row potentially.......not liking that.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sportz I predict we get destroyed next week. We will play starters one half at most. Defense will be vanilla, this will be played like week 4 of the preseason.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I don't want to play the Eagles in Philly. Other than that, the Cardinals can win any matchup if they get the passing game rolling and if Gerald Hayes and Karlos Dansby step it up.

Thotz:

1) Any game is more winnable at UofP. If you think the Cardinal tackles struggled Sunday, you don't want to see them in the Metrodome against Jared Allen and the Vikings with a noisy crowd causing false starts, etcetera.
2) The Cardinal offensive tackles are a weakness and any playoff opponent will attempt to exploit that weakness. To offset that, the running game has to be more productive and the Cardinal receivers and Kurt Warner need to be on the same page with hot reads and route adjustments. There is very little room for error going forward. There are no Lions and Rams in the playoffs.
3. Dallas is the hottest team in the NFC right now IMO. But they are beatable.
4. Philly's defense is suspect. But you have to have a smart quarterback to beat their blitzes.
5. New Orleans seems to have peaked early, and are struggling in all three phases right now.
6. The Cardinals need to beat Green Bay period.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We have to win 4 games in the playoffs, so it really doesn't matter who we play (they are all good teams).

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
sportz I predict we get destroyed next week. We will play starters one half at most. Defense will be vanilla, this will be played like week 4 of the preseason.

I think you are right. AND, that would be fine as long as taking it on the chin means we return the favor the following week. If we were to lose both games, then I'd be pissed. If we had to chose ONE game to lose, I think most of us would be okay with it being in week 17 instead of the playoffs.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The papers here in Pa. are all talking about how the Eagles need to play with more consistency. Sound familar?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packers looked really good yesterday. I'd rather have another team in the first round, but so be it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It matters more about the weather than anything.

Should we end up playing at a place like Philly in the snow..... that would be less than optimum.

Otherwise it's a slugfest no matter what, just don't want to have one hand tied behind your back.

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score

I'm not so sure about that,that probable going to be us as well. This game is going to be very vanilla on both sides.

Neither one of us is going to want to tip our hands. Then again,let's see what happens tonight. :)

Personally,If we Packer fans had to pick our opponet it would be the Vikings. We have unfinished business with them :)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Packers looked really good yesterday. I'd rather have another team in the first round, but so be it.

Seattle has officially given up. I wouldn't read too much into that game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't mean much to me.

Frankly, I'm getting a little irritated at all the praises thrown their way. The PACKERS have the tougher task. Who wants to matchup with our wideouts PLUS a dangerous RB that we didn't have last season? In our freaking house, no less?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I say bring on anyone; everybody in the NFC playoffs is beatable, everybody.

With that being said, I dont like playing a team two weeks in a row and believe the NFL should just let Pack/ Cards have next week off for it looks like each team will play eachother the following week.

Packers are overrated right now, who have they beat?

Every team has its weak spots and Cards can beat any of these teams and vice versa...

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eagles>Cowboys>GB>Minnesota>Saints

I really want N.O. at some point. They are built to beat many teams, but Warner and Co, would destroy them. If Josh Freeman can throw for 300 on them Kurt will have that by halftime.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Coming from Peter King who doesn't pay much attention to anything west of Dallas, that doesn't mean much.

The scariest team in the NFL playoffs are the Chargers, IMO

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't mean much to me.

Frankly, I'm getting a little irritated at all the praises thrown their way. The PACKERS have the tougher task. Who wants to matchup with our wideouts PLUS a dangerous RB that we didn't have last season? In our freaking house, no less?

This.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that,that probable going to be us as well. This game is going to be very vanilla on both sides.

Neither one of us is going to want to tip our hands. Then again,let's see what happens tonight. :)

Personally,If we Packer fans had to pick our opponet it would be the Vikings. We have unfinished business with them :)

I don't buy that from Green Bays side. This is the team that played the preseason like it was the playoffs (from a playcalling and TC perspective) and is one of the big reasons for the slow start IMO. Teams knew what to look for. I think Green Bay will come in looking to send a message and from the AZ side Leinart will be playing by Q3.

And thats what I want to happen. I WANT GB to be confident going into the playoff game. And then we will hand them their butt.....

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
We are getting very lucky again this year with matchups (so far....)

The only plausible team/scenario I fear is @ Philly.

Anyone else. Bring em' on. We should beat ANY dome team IMO.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to play the Eagles in Philly. Other than that, the Cardinals can win any matchup if they get the passing game rolling and if Gerald Hayes and Karlos Dansby step it up.

Thotz:

1) Any game is more winnable at UofP. If you think the Cardinal tackles struggled Sunday, you don't want to see them in the Metrodome against Jared Allen and the Vikings with a noisy crowd causing false starts, etcetera.
2) The Cardinal offensive tackles are a weakness and any playoff opponent will attempt to exploit that weakness. To offset that, the running game has to be more productive and the Cardinal receivers and Kurt Warner need to be on the same page with hot reads and route adjustments. There is very little room for error going forward. There are no Lions and Rams in the playoffs.
3. Dallas is the hottest team in the NFC right now IMO. But they are beatable.
4. Philly's defense is suspect. But you have to have a smart quarterback to beat their blitzes.
5. New Orleans seems to have peaked early, and are struggling in all three phases right now.
6. The Cardinals need to beat Green Bay period.

I would go easy on calling out Dansby and Hayes to step-it-up. Both are playing hurt right now. Dansby with two partial shoulder separations. and Hayes with a disk problem in his back. They have already turned in heroic performances, even though it may seem that they are sluggish, and not hitting with authority. Every snap must be hell for them. I just pray that they are able to hold up the rest of the season. God bless em!!!!!

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
I say bring on anyone; everybody in the NFC playoffs is beatable, everybody.

With that being said, I dont like playing a team two weeks in a row and believe the NFL should just let Pack/ Cards have next week off for it looks like each team will play eachother the following week.

Packers are overrated right now, who have they beat?

Every team has its weak spots and Cards can beat any of these teams and vice versa...

GB has lost to the Bengals, Pitt, Minn X2 & TB. The only PLayoff team they beat this year is Dal. 7 of their wins have come against the Bear, Det and StL, Clev and Sea.