"I wouldn't want to play the Packers right now." - Peter King

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GB has lost to the Bengals, Pitt, Minn X2 & TB. The only PLayoff team they beat this year is Dal. 7 of their wins have come against the Bear, Det and StL, Clev and Sea.

Exactly. Can we lose to them? Sure. Should we be quaking in our cleats? No way in hell.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Exactly. Can we lose to them? Sure. Should we be quaking in our cleats? No way in hell.

:yeahthat:

People should be afraid of us.

Very afraid.

We're still the defending champs and we're better than we were last year.

Until we're defeated it stays that way, no one should want to see US in their playoff bracket.

But we're there and it all boils down to playing the game.

Reaction score
It matters more about the weather than anything.

Should we end up playing at a place like Philly in the snow..... that would be less than optimum.

Otherwise it's a slugfest no matter what, just don't want to have one hand tied behind your back.
:yeahthat: You know that Philly is hoping for payback.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
3. Dallas is the hottest team in the NFC right now IMO. But they are beatable.

If you can score. The cowpies might have the best defense in the playoffs if not the league. They are forcing turnovers, limiting their own & have a homerun hitter in Austin. Bet anyone didn't realize that Miles Austin's stats are better than Fitz's numbers, among others. Right now thats the team scares me. They are basically given no chance by anyone, like some team I remember last year.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FEAR/RESPECT the PACKERS...

For the past 5-6 games as I've been watching/ or getting ready to watch the Cardinals game at the sportsbar, I've been noticing the Packers. While I DON'T put ANY credence in the words of Peter King, here's what I've noticed. Rodgers is moving well in the pocket and his 3rd down completion % is VERY HIGH (That's a back-breaker to any Defense; B.J. Raji is crashing the middle of the line of scrimmage; Clay Matthews is flying off the corner and is VERY disruptive in the back-field; it seems ANYTHING in the air is being picked off by Packer defenders; and if all that wasn't enough you can add in that the O-line is playing well and springing Grant for BIG-gainers.

The Cards are going to have to be just as SHARP which I think they are VERY CAPABLE of doing. I think the UofP crowd can also have a TREMENDOUS effect on the game. I also have confidence that Coach Whiz' & Staff will have a "few" tricks up their sleeve. (ie; Rolle & DRC.) The one thing you CAN'T defend against is SPEED! ...And I think for us to WIN, we will need a MONSTER game from Q and the secondary is going to have to be "velcro" ALL-DAY on the Packer receivers. Rodgers will scramble!! DO NOT LOSE YOUR MAN!! PERIOD!! GO CARDS! :D

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This the same Peter King that went off in SIi after the NFC championship game about how the Cardinals stole the game from the Eagles and our DB should've been called for PI on the final Eagles play?

He can suck it. I have no respect for d-bags like Peter King.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you think about it...not much different then last year. Atlanta was 11-5 and had the number 1 rusher in the league with a veru good Matt Ryan. They had beaten alot of good teams and lost close close games to Panthers. I say GB is alot like the Falcons were last year. We won that game we can beat GB this year too.....Only gamw that would be real tough is Philly right now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can score. The cowpies might have the best defense in the playoffs if not the league. They are forcing turnovers, limiting their own & have a homerun hitter in Austin. Bet anyone didn't realize that Miles Austin's stats are better than Fitz's numbers, among others. Right now thats the team scares me. They are basically given no chance by anyone, like some team I remember last year.

All certainly true and yet for some reason I still believe Romo is more likely to self destruct and take Dallas out than Kurt is for us. Sure Kurt has done it a couple of times a year, but he really has never done that in the playoffs.

Any of the 6 teams in the NFC are good enough to get to the Super Bowl but I figure Dallas has the most to prove because of how poorly Romo has played in big games in his career. Had a much better December but that still doesn't mean he won't implode in the playoffs.

Of course the dream scenario would be play Dallas, have the lead late in the game, they are driving for the winning score near the goalline when Big false starts and the countdown ends the game.

:D

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score
GB has lost to the Bengals, Pitt, Minn X2 & TB. The only PLayoff team they beat this year is Dal. 7 of their wins have come against the Bear, Det and StL, Clev and Sea.

I'm not sure if I buy the schedule stuff here afterall if your going to rip the Packers for playing NFC West teams what does that say about the Cards who play in a division this year with teams that don't even have winning records in Sea,Stl and 49ers ? Who have a combined record of 13-32?

You can't have your cake and eat it to on that one.

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Didn't we hear the same stuff last year?

No one wants to play the Falcons right now, Turner will rip you to shreads.

No one wants to play Carolina right now, Stewart and Williams will run all over you.

No one wants to play Philly right now, they are the hottest team in the NFL right now.

Blah blah blah

I respect the Packers as an opponent, but man, this sounds oh so familar.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Didn't we hear the same stuff last year?

No one wants to play the Falcons right now, Turner will rip you to shreads.

No one wants to play Carolina right now, Stewart and Williams will run all over you.

No one wants to play Philly right now, they are the hottest team in the NFL right now.

Blah blah blah

I respect the Packers as an opponent, but man, this sounds oh so familar.

:yeahthat:

southern card

Reaction score
How about we beat the packers, hope the vikings lose tonight and to the Giants and cowpies beat the eagles and we wait to see who we play the next week after the week off.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cards need to beat the Packers.

I can't remember the last time the Cards swept another division. Heck I think last year was the first time they've swept their own division.

They were 3-1 against the AFC North in 2007 and 3-1 against the AFC West in 2001.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
To be fair in this same article a little further up King mentioned the Cardinals as Super Bowl contender. CNNSI 's Andrew Perloff also had an article today saying we are the team to reckon with in the NFC.

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score
To be fair in this same article a little further up King mentioned the Cardinals as Super Bowl contender. CNNSI 's Andrew Perloff also had an article today saying we are the team to reckon with in the NFC.

could you or anyone point me to a link to this article that has King quoted saying this about the Packers? I dont see it over at SI. As far as I can tell,he never said that about the Packers.

EDIT:N/M I found it :)

Last edited:

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah ,I found it ,I'm blind,sorry guys.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't want to diminish what Austin has done, but he's had a few really big plays that inflate things, whereas the Cards are bottom of the league in big plays this year, and Fitz has really impressed me by being a huge threat over the middle in the red zone (like Andre Johnson). Of course, if Austin gets those big plays in the playoffs, then the above doesn't really matter, does it?

The main thing I'm excited about is our run game. I am much less afraid for the Cards going on the road in cold weather than I would have been.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hope we play the giants I feel like we match up best against them, but no matter who you face in the playoffs every team is going to be a challenge because every team has the same goal if you make it this far. It should be a fun playoffs to watch defend the red sea Cards!!!!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hope we play the giants I feel like we match up best against them, but no matter who you face in the playoffs every team is going to be a challenge because every team has the same goal if you make it this far. It should be a fun playoffs to watch defend the red sea Cards!!!!

Giants will not be in the playoffs. They blew it yesterday.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giants will not be in the playoffs. They blew it yesterday.

Boy, that's putting it mildly.

Against minny the Giants will either A) completely tank it or B) try to redeem themselves after that embarassment and make a very good game of it. i have no clue which way they will go.