I just can't believe it is the defense letting this game go...

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Defense gets tired when your offense is garbage and can only master up 6 pts the entire night.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
6 points scored but yes lets put this on the defense. Our offense without Palmer is hot garbage.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. I've used that excuse before. Doesn't fly here. Both scores they turn around and blow big plays.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
HOW DID THESE ****S FORGET HOW TO TACKLE??? **** this ****... Way to make a joke of yourselves on national television!

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Turns out that when the defense is on the field for the entire f'n game, they get beat up.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Agree with the replies. Collinsworth touting the yardage they've hung on "one of the best defenses" without acknowledging that the Seattle offense has been on the field all game...then half-heartedly trying to say "even with a 3rd stringer at QB..." It's a team game, and injuries are part of the game, but to imply it doesn't matter?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
There is no explanation other than the curse.

BA is in the process of being besieged by the Cardinal curse, it's all downhill from here.

Only the curse could put us in this situation again and again shred our humanity and dignity.

There is no other rational explanation for your best QB going down mere game minutes after signing a huge extension, then your number two goes down then you end up starting Ryan Lindley in the biggest game of the year.

BA's magical mystery next man up tour ends with a fart in a spacesuit national TV night then exit stage left in the playoffs and we'll get them next year and next year it'll be something else.

And the darkside will rise again!

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
It isn't. They're exhausted.

Being exhausted doesn't justify the first 2 Seattle scores. Defense was giving up big plays all game and there's no way they were tired in the first half after 10 days rest.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a 3 point lead after burning a lot of clock and the d response is a td. We draw close to make a 1 score game and the d response. ..a td. I am one of the biggest defense fans there is and give them more leeway than they deserve. This time tho they knew they had a 4th string qb at the helm who didn't turn it over. Palmer threw 4 picks and we win. This game was a defensive embarrassment. And I love the d. My biggest dilemma today was Wilson or Peterson jersey? After pp gave up on lynch's td I was glad I chose adub.

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This is what happens when you press as a defense you try and do stupid things like strip the ball and end up allowing a TD.

He did the right thing sort of but it ended up making us look like fools.

It's very hard to watch but what you saw was a team with no QB facing defending SB champions and eventually the defense shattered trying to come up with a big play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... maybe that sign should have been...

Every Man SUCKS!

Thta was rough.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ooop...well the "were tired" defenders seem to have had less gas than the actual defense tonight.

I've been home now for a bit, and I just can't wrap my head around how this defense absolutely collapsed on key plays...again...and were especially bad when the momentum was on our side and the crowd was loud. Just bizarre.

This season is yet to play out, but we are winning the Super Bowl next season, for sure.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One of the big reasons we beat Seattle last year was the play of Dansby and DWash. Their speed and athleticism kept Wilson's running in check, and their coverage skills took away a lot of the short stuff.

Athletically speaking, Foote and Minter are about six steps down from Dansby and DWash. Foote has far exceeded my expectations this year, but he's never excelled at covering tight ends or spying QBs, as evidenced by his 4 career INTs. He's an older, two-down run stuffer who's been forced into the role of an every-down player. And Minter is just a bust. I didn't think he would be great in his first real season, but the guy has shown absolutely nothing this year.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The D looked like the D when they played Atlanta. What happened? No, it had nothing to do with injuries as they have been playing lights out the last few games with the same squad they have now. From the first fews, they never could stop the run. It had nothing to do with being tired as they were even getting pushed back on the first drive.

Its going to take a few days to get over this lose, but will move on and hope for a win in SF to get the record of 12 wins.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
We have a 3 point lead after burning a lot of clock and the d response is a td. We draw close to make a 1 score game and the d response. ..a td. I am one of the biggest defense fans there is and give them more leeway than they deserve. This time tho they knew they had a 4th string qb at the helm who didn't turn it over. Palmer threw 4 picks and we win. This game was a defensive embarrassment. And I love the d. My biggest dilemma today was Wilson or Peterson jersey? After pp gave up on lynch's td I was glad I chose adub.

Agree Dogg, the defense was just as much to blame for this loss as the offense was. When they gave up that long TD after the first FG I said to myself that was waaaayyy too easy and this is going to be a long night.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
"They were who we thought they'd be,,,,,"

,,,,,,,,,it's all downhill from here.

And the darkside will rise again!

I predicted the game > 'hawks 37 'birds 13

Figured on our two field goals, but thought a pick-6 by the defense would happen. Wishful thinking! Stats told the story..... 600 yards to less than 200 yards,,you aren't going to be in the game with less than 200 yards. W/O Palmer, there was no way to beat the Seahawks.

Downhill from here? Yes. 49ers ,,, playing at home ,, will send Harbaugh out the door with a 'win' in his last game,,in possibly a tight game....still a '49er win.

Playoffs? Out in the first round .... clean out the lockers, and going fishing afterwards.

Still, a respectable season for the most part.......kept us watching!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the big reasons we beat Seattle last year was the play of Dansby and DWash. Their speed and athleticism kept Wilson's running in check, and their coverage skills took away a lot of the short stuff.

Athletically speaking, Foote and Minter are about six steps down from Dansby and DWash. Foote has far exceeded my expectations this year, but he's never excelled at covering tight ends or spying QBs, as evidenced by his 4 career INTs. He's an older, two-down run stuffer who's been forced into the role of an every-down player. And Minter is just a bust. I didn't think he would be great in his first real season, but the guy has shown absolutely nothing this year.

I gotta agree with you on Minter. He's the defensive version of Levi Brown.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I predicted the game > 'hawks 37 'birds 13

Figured on our two field goals, but thought a pick-6 by the defense would happen. Wishful thinking! Stats told the story..... 600 yards to less than 200 yards,,you aren't going to be in the game with less than 200 yards. W/O Palmer, there was no way to beat the Seahawks.

Downhill from here? Yes. 49ers ,,, playing at home ,, will send Harbaugh out the door with a 'win' in his last game,,in possibly a tight game....still a '49er win.

Playoffs? Out in the first round .... clean out the lockers, and going fishing afterwards.

Still, a respectable season for the most part.......kept us watching!
I disagree. 49ers are in full implosion mode right now. Saturday night was the final nail in the coffin. The Cards cold start you at QB Sunday and win. If we lose that game then we have no business being in the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard