I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those from the book forum, this is Tucker Max's movie.

Trailer isn't great, but if you read the book you will recognize some scenes.

Pretty offensive, but I want to see it. I read a copy of an early script and the story is funny, but not really well reflected here.

Anyways, here you go:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, you downplayed it and it was still terrible. That looks like a really bad film student's interpretation of The Hangover.

And I enjoyed the book.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Release Date: September 25, 2009 (limited)
Studio: Freestyle Releasing
Director: Bob Gosse
Screenwriter: Tucker Max, Nils Parker
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: R (for nudity, strong sexual content including graphic dialogue throughout, language and some crude material)

Starring: Matt Czuchry, Jesse Bradford, Geoff Stults, Keri Lynn Pratt, Marika Dominczyk

Plot Summary: My name is Tucker Max. And, I am an ***hole. It's impossible to keep me away from what I want. My creed is to indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging ********. I can't be accountable for all that comes out of my mouth especially when I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregarding social norms. I do contribute to humanity in one very important way though -- I share my adventures with the world -- and offer the best advice I know to friends faced with tough questions. "What would Tucker do? And you go out and do it," that's what I say. So that's me in a nutshell.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
jw7

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like a really bad film student's interpretation of The Hangover.

And I enjoyed the book.

Actually the movie was filmed in July/Aug 2008, fully 2 months before the Hangover filmed.

Yes, the trailer does suck, but the script is really good. I am seeing the Tempe premiere on 9/20. It is loosely based on the "Austin Road Trip" story from the book, but very loosely.

Starring: Matt Czuchry, Jesse Bradford, Geoff Stults, Keri Lynn Pratt, Denise Quinones

Hey Brian, minor correction. I don't know where you pull these articles, but Denise Quinones is not in the movie. She canceled at the last minute.

Marika Dominiczyk (sp?) who had a bit part in the 40-year old virgin got Denise's part.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks incredibly dumb.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Brian, minor correction. I don't know where you pull these articles, but Denise Quinones is not in the movie. She canceled at the last minute.

Wow. Nice spot. There are still tons of movie sites all over the internet that list her, but IMDB doesn't have her in it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That looks incredibly dumb.

It is really dumb. I read the whole thing, hoping it would get better as it went on. It's just one improbably drunk and stupid haze, and the writer is just ridiculously arrogant and annoying. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that'll think it's cool, but it's really pretty sad.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is really dumb. I read the whole thing, hoping it would get better as it went on. It's just one improbably drunk and stupid haze, and the writer is just ridiculously arrogant and annoying. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that'll think it's cool, but it's really pretty sad.

Oh I read the book. The movie looks dumb as ever. I liked some of the book. But most of it I agree with you 100%

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You have no idea how much I hope they do!

:shrug:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the writer is just ridiculously arrogant and annoying. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that'll think it's cool, but it's really pretty sad.
The writer is arrogant. It is sad. But that book was funny as hell.

JMHO

OP
OP
jw7

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just curious, are you talking about the book or the script? Completely different.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Just curious, are you talking about the book or the script? Completely different.

The book. Most screenwriters aren't running their stuff by me these days, surprisingly.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you read the script, Shane? Serious question...sometimes people get their hands on these things.

OP
OP
jw7

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you read the script, Shane? Serious question...sometimes people get their hands on these things.

Well, my name is not Shane, and yes I have the script and have read it like 8 times and like it. Yes, it was leaked during the auditions. Not the final version, but close to a lot of it.

If you have adobe acrobat PM me with an email addy and I will forward it to you.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I read the book. I think it was yours actually. It went to other people then I sent it off to Ryan and I believe stopped there.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my name is not Shane,.
Ugh. So sorry! For some reason I looked at the avatar and thought you were Shane....did shane used to have that pic? :bang:

Thank you for the offer to read the script...I'd probably get it and never read it, though.

I was interested enough in the book to rent this, though....(just not interested enough to read 120 more pages of the same stuff I read in the book).

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the book. I think it was yours actually. It went to other people then I sent it off to Ryan and I believe stopped there.
You sent it off to Ryan? I thought I did. I know he found the picture of my kids that I was using as a bookmark in it. :shrug: Maybe he'll come in & tell. Best of my knowledge, though, yes, Ryan still has it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sent it off to Ryan? I thought I did. I know he found the picture of my kids that I was using as a bookmark in it. :shrug: Maybe he'll come in & tell. Best of my knowledge, though, yes, Ryan still has it.

I must have sent it to you then and then you sent it to Ryan???? :shrug:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and, btw, I DO hope they srve beer in Hell. It wouldn't be quite as hellish. Maybe it would just be on Fridays?

If they don't, I'm certainly putting that in the suggestion box (I'll be certain to change my handwriting a little, though...you know, so Satan doesn't know who's kvetching).

OP
OP
jw7

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got back from the Tempe premiere, and the movie is very, very good. I can't wait to see it again and I know I am going to add it to my DVD collection once it comes out.

First off it is really funny. Good pacing of jokes - the movie doesn't really lull. There is one two-minute gross-out stretch that had the audience in tears.

The casting and acting were great and the underlying story that sets up the jokes keeps your interest, with a real funny twist.

The only thing, it isn't for the faint of heart. It's rated 'R', but could really be borderline NC-17. Lots of nudity and really strong language.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison