I hate to say it but at this point Kyler just isn’t that good...

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Yes it does.
Yes and no.

His height doesnt help. He also hasnt learned what Brees/Russell Wilson learned. When you're short there are times you gotta throw on the tips of your toes. Kyler's front leg is rather flat.

Also we're below average on the interior. Saints invest heavily in the middle.

Which is why if Keim had the good sense he would have drafted McCoy in the 2nd round over Murphy.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
If we're relying on a college coach and/or another college coach to come in and coach Kyler in a college offense because the can't progress to a pro style offense, then we're doomed lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Obviously you are ignoring 3 straight 12 wins seasons & 3 playoff appearances. That’s nothing to sneeze at imo. Kliff has never sniffed that type of success.

He coaches a different style of offense with more downfield passing game & less WR screens.
Yayyyyyy 3 playoff appearances with the same out of playoff wins as Kliff yayyyyy.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember last year batted balls were a problem. Surfaced again at SF this year. So other than the height angle thing is this why kyler continues to overthrow his receivers?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we're relying on a college coach and/or another college coach to come in and coach Kyler in a college offense because the can't progress to a pro style offense, then we're doomed lol

1000% this

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why he can't be like Russel Wilson now? Russel wasn't great in this first years but good enough, we should get the same out of Kyler, at least.
Wilson came from pro-style offenses at NC State & Wisconsin, he wasn't a spread offense QB so he had the skills and experience plus understood pro scheme concepts. Murray has none of that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'd argue that:

1) playcalling has been lacking.

2) defense has been AWFUL.

Murray is still a young QB. A good well called game shouldn't have so many screens that get sniffed out. Kingsbury has been his own worst enemy
A good well called game doesn't keep him from throwing off back foot. He needs to have a wrench thrown at him in practice, everytime he fails to step into a throw.

Dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The book on Kyler is don’t over rush, play tight coverage because he will not find the open deep wr or miss him.
What would help? At this point I think we need to vary our attack.
Slow it down sometimes . We shouldn’t be in hurry up after your defense just gave up a 12 play td drive.
Designed roll outs with quick rub route crossing patterns.
Put Kyler under center more often.
This may be construed as a bit drastic but it might be time to cut the field in half.
Cut the variety of formations down for now.
Take some shots on 1st down.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilson came from pro-style offenses at NC State & Wisconsin, he wasn't a spread offense QB so he had the skills and experience plus understood pro scheme concepts. Murray has none of that.
That’s not an excuse Considering they brought in a college coach and he’s not running a “pro style” offense... He supposedly did all this to give him his biggest chance for success and put him in his comfort zone… Does that seem to be working?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
That’s not an excuse Considering they brought in a college coach and he’s not running a “pro style” offense... He supposedly did all this to give him his biggest chance for success and put him in his comfort zone… Does that seem to be working?
Exactly, which is why saying Lincoln Riley would be so much better is not true, no he wouldn't , it would be yet another college offense that fails. Kyler needs to learn to play an actual NFL offense if he's gonna succeed, this hybrid garbage or whatever it is, is failing

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s hilarious that people are blaming Kliff for this. Do you think his offense just doesn’t have an answer for 2-deep zone defense?

Kyler can’t complete passes to open receivers right now. That should be obvious right now. Even the TD pass was high.

spent the offseason in the gym instead of the film room.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hilarious that people are blaming Kliff for this. Do you think his offense just doesn’t have an answer for 2-deep zone defense?

Kyler can’t complete passes to open receivers right now. That should be obvious right now. Even the TD pass was high.

Bravo

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

Exactly. The combination of his bad vision, and horrendous footwork in the pocket are the primary reasons why the offense has been in such a slump. His understanding of post snap defenses has been an issue too, which is why he isn’t finding the open receiver with more regularity. He still has the talent to be great...he just needs to understand that you can’t win on talent alone at this level.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'd argue that:

1) playcalling has been lacking.

2) defense has been AWFUL.

Murray is still a young QB. A good well called game shouldn't have so many screens that get sniffed out. Kingsbury has been his own worst enemy

He’s a running quarterback right now. He’s playing like Lamar Jackson as a rookie.

extremely disappointing

he’s a “generational talent” as we’ve been told by so many and force fed down our throat. He should be able to overcome some coaching deficiencies if he is. Playcalling isn’t causing him to lock into WRs that are double covered and throwing to them while other WRs are running free for a sure TD. Or overthrows on easy Wide open routes over the middle. Etc...

Kyler played horrible last week

This week the scheme was pathetic

I think all of this can be true at the same time. Watching K2 continue to call horizontal plays baffles me.

Combine that with Kyler's "between the hashes" accuracy issues and I'm left searching for answers.

We have to do a better job vertically, past 20 yards, outside of the hashes or deep post routes. All of this dink and dunk crap is just killing us. Kyler cant get into a true rhythm and defenses only need to guard 30% of the field. It's truly baffling.

Combine this with an absolute crap show on defense and we aren't able to generate 1st downs, control the clock, or tire out the pass rush.

I'm very disappointed in our coaching philosophy right now. And think we are playing very soft.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No it doesn’t

You must be registered for see images attach

KM is struggling but not because of height.

Russ moves around and out of the pocket far, far more than Kyler does. Specifically to give himself a better view of the field.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard