I hate to say it but at this point Kyler just isn’t that good...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of his dazzling runs against super sub par teams in the first 2 weeks he really hasn’t shown much and has regressed terribly.

I’m sure I’ll get lambasted and that’s ok.

He is severely lacking in touch across the middle. Has a huge problem locking into one WR. Panics and gets happy feet all to often. Consistently throws to a covered WR when the tape shows wide open WRs elsewhere that would easily score. Even with time to throw. His field vision is in Huge question.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Outside of his dazzling runs against super sub par teams in the first 2 weeks he really hasn’t shown much and has regressed terribly.

He is severely lacking in touch across the middle. Has a huge problem locking into one WR. Panics and gets happy feet all to often. Consistently throws to a covered WR when the tape shows wide open WRs elsewhere that would easily score. Even with time to throw. His field vision is in Huge question.

I'd argue that:

1) playcalling has been lacking.

2) defense has been AWFUL.

Murray is still a young QB. A good well called game shouldn't have so many screens that get sniffed out. Kingsbury has been his own worst enemy

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im willing to give murray some time. Look at what happened to Mayfield in year 2. The talk of Murray being an MVP this year was always rediculous. What we need is him to actually put some games together throwing the ball. I would like to see a 300+ yard 3TD game...but the playcalling is so bad I doubt we will see even one of those this season.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd argue that:

1) playcalling has been lacking.

2) defense has been AWFUL.

Murray is still a young QB. A good well called game shouldn't have so many screens that get sniffed out. Kingsbury has been his own worst enemy

he’s a “generational talent” as we’ve been told by so many and force fed down our throat. He should be able to overcome some coaching deficiencies if he is. Playcalling isn’t causing him to lock into WRs that are double covered and throwing to them while other WRs are running free for a sure TD. Or overthrows on easy Wide open routes over the middle. Etc...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It honestly looks like he gots the yips. It’s like he’s totally forgot how to play football

I would say he is afraid to take our even initiate a hit. He doesn't need to be reckless but he is could run through a guy from time to time and show some toughness

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I would say he is afraid to take our even initiate a hit. He doesn't need to be reckless but he is could run through a guy from time to time and show some toughness
He might have scored on the long run, but lost steps looking over his shoulder to slide.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
he’s a “generational talent” as we’ve been told by so many and force fed down our throat. He should be able to overcome some coaching deficiencies if he is. Playcalling isn’t causing him to lock into WRs that are double covered and throwing to them while other WRs are running free for a sure TD. Or overthrows on easy Wide open routes over the middle. Etc...

I'll withhold the comment I want to make because I'm not happy

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don’t care about him taking a hit I don’t want my QB taking hits or trying to prove how tough he is that’s not the problem the problem

the problem is he can’t hit guys running wide open now.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

You're good dogg, no one's lambasting you. He looked like dog poop.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
His reads are definitely a problem.

No issues with accuracy or athleticism. Good news is the QB intelligence part of the equation is most easily fixed.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is reality

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

And, all this in a system literally designed for him.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It takes more than a good young QB to transform a team. Need the right HC maybe we don’t have the right combo? It takes time, good HC / QB combos that last don’t happen overnight. One training camp together fellas maybe take a step back and give them time. The D is a much bigger concern! Kingsbury not going anywhere soon, but VJ needs to go now!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson