I dont care what Wilks/Keim says, this is a complete rebuild

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Vacard, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Vacard

Vacard Registered

If yall are expecting playoffs next year, yall are sorely mistaken.

We are the oldest team in the league. The defense, as well as the offense, has to be completely revamped. We cannot afford to trade up. I was clamoring for Cousins, but I realize that we cannot afford to have him swallow the cap and prevent us from signing other need players. We are also not in a good position to pick a good qb. Get a "brigdge qb" like Tyrod and trade down multiple times in the draft.

If i was Wilks, I would guaranteed this year be a free year without judgement because we will be the worst in the NFC west barring some injuries from other teams, god forbid. A lot of guys have to go, including HB. Yes we were 8-8 but but alot of that came from easy teams.

2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

You don't have to "complete rebuild" when you have one of the league's most dynamic running backs, a Hall of Fame WR, a 7 time pro bowler at corner, the league's leader in sacks, and some other dynamic defensive talent.

No doubt the playoffs are questionable from where we stand now, but this won't be the oldest team in the league anymore, given that Carson is gone and only 2 of the 8 starters that were over 30 last year look to be possibly returning. There are definitely some steps to get there, but the cupboard isn't bare.

3. Mitch

Mitch Crawled Through 5 FB Fields

Much depends on key cap decisions that Steve Keim and Mike Disner make. They can create a good deal of cap space to address the team's key needs, especially at QB, WR and the OL.

Mainstreet likes this.
  4. Finito

Finito Registered

No this team was 8-8 playing a third string QB, third string RB and your offensive line in shambles. The cardinals biggest enemy was health.

The Browns 0-16 is a complete rebuild this team is actually in a really good position

Hollywood, b8rtm8nn and cardncubfan like this.
  5. SeattleCard

SeattleCard Back in Arizona!!!

Vacard... what is that Calvin Pace quote about in your sig line?

6. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

Retool...Rebuild...Shmebuild.

See the hole; hit the hole. See the passer; nail the passer. See the ballcarrier; nail the ball carrier.

Regardless of what you call it - Whoever wins the most individual battles, wins the most games.

40yearfan and Mitch like this.
  7. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

Oh boo hoo - I remember when our punter Tom Tupa became our starting QB at Sun Devil Stadium - Cardinal up and take it like a fan! If we can beat the snot out of the NFCW - we can win the division and the SB - pull up your big girl panties and quit whining like a lil witch.

8. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

You get a lot of grief on this board for some of your views. A little ironic you would post something like this.

9. Mitch

Mitch Crawled Through 5 FB Fields

I have had your back on several occasions, THESMEL, but posts like this are indefensible.

10. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

I’m a seasoned cardinal fan, some exaggerate me but I basically don’t want to be last in rush attempts or rushing, so our pass game has a snowballs chance in heaven. Best pass game in the nfl has left us without a championship - my belief does not wanted with others opinions.

11. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

Sorry mitch just being fanatic - I don’t think it’s a full rebuild - chandler jones, pp, honey badger, DJ, fitz - we got top stars that any team would start - our core has greatness -

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    nashman likes this.
  12. clif

clif Registered

Jacksonville, Tennessee Minnesota, New Orleans. To some extent the Rams laugh at the woe is me doomsday proclamations around here. This is a day to day, year to year league. Stuff changes dramatically.

PACardsFan, pemory09, Mark L and 4 others like this.
  13. Frank

Frank Registered

This is not a rebuild if they sign or trade for a veteran quarterback and use their draft capital to build the roster. No more 1st round misses by Keim. Build the line and add some receivers.
    Potentially trading 2 years of 1st and 2nd round picks to grab a quarterback is to risky for a team with so many holes.

14. imaCafan

imaCafan Next stop, Hall of Fame!

Wait, is he the new THESMEL?

15. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

We also have to remember our kicker and punter also skew the average.

It may not seem like much, but together those three (QB, P, K) might skew our average a full year, and in the NFL first to last is only three years.

We were 27.28 and Browns were youngest at 24.24. Dropping us 1 year would take us down 10 notches.

Another interesting thing is how many of the older teams are playoff teams.

Panthers were 2nd oldest, Bills 3rd, Saints 5th, Titans 6th, Patriots 7th, Falcons 9th, Eagles 10th, Vikings 13th, Steelers 15th.

So 9 of the 12 playoff teams were in the older half of teams.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    pemory09, Ohcrap75 and GuernseyCard like this.