I dont care what Wilks/Keim says, this is a complete rebuild

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If yall are expecting playoffs next year, yall are sorely mistaken.

We are the oldest team in the league. The defense, as well as the offense, has to be completely revamped. We cannot afford to trade up. I was clamoring for Cousins, but I realize that we cannot afford to have him swallow the cap and prevent us from signing other need players. We are also not in a good position to pick a good qb. Get a "brigdge qb" like Tyrod and trade down multiple times in the draft.

If i was Wilks, I would guaranteed this year be a free year without judgement because we will be the worst in the NFC west barring some injuries from other teams, god forbid. A lot of guys have to go, including HB. Yes we were 8-8 but but alot of that came from easy teams.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You don't have to "complete rebuild" when you have one of the league's most dynamic running backs, a Hall of Fame WR, a 7 time pro bowler at corner, the league's leader in sacks, and some other dynamic defensive talent.

No doubt the playoffs are questionable from where we stand now, but this won't be the oldest team in the league anymore, given that Carson is gone and only 2 of the 8 starters that were over 30 last year look to be possibly returning. There are definitely some steps to get there, but the cupboard isn't bare.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Much depends on key cap decisions that Steve Keim and Mike Disner make. They can create a good deal of cap space to address the team's key needs, especially at QB, WR and the OL.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We are the oldest team in the league. The defense, as well as the offense, has to be completely revamped. We cannot afford to trade up. I was clamoring for Cousins, but I realize that we cannot afford to have him swallow the cap and prevent us from signing other need players. We are also not in a good position to pick a good qb. Get a "brigdge qb" like Tyrod and trade down multiple times in the draft.

If i was Wilks, I would guaranteed this year be a free year without judgement because we will be the worst in the NFC west barring some injuries from other teams, god forbid. A lot of guys have to go, including HB. Yes we were 8-8 but but alot of that came from easy teams.

No this team was 8-8 playing a third string QB, third string RB and your offensive line in shambles. The cardinals biggest enemy was health.

The Browns 0-16 is a complete rebuild this team is actually in a really good position

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Retool...Rebuild...Shmebuild.

See the hole; hit the hole. See the passer; nail the passer. See the ballcarrier; nail the ball carrier.

Regardless of what you call it - Whoever wins the most individual battles, wins the most games.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Oh boo hoo - I remember when our punter Tom Tupa became our starting QB at Sun Devil Stadium - Cardinal up and take it like a fan! If we can beat the snot out of the NFCW - we can win the division and the SB - pull up your big girl panties and quit whining like a lil witch.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boo hoo - I remember when our punter Tom Tupa became our starting QB at Sun Devil Stadium - Cardinal up and take it like a fan! If we can beat the snot out of the NFCW - we can win the division and the SB - pull up your big girl panties and quit whining like a lil witch.

You get a lot of grief on this board for some of your views. A little ironic you would post something like this.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score

I have had your back on several occasions, THESMEL, but posts like this are indefensible.

THESMEL

Reaction score
You get a lot of grief on this board for some of your views. A little ironic you would post something like this.

I’m a seasoned cardinal fan, some exaggerate me but I basically don’t want to be last in rush attempts or rushing, so our pass game has a snowballs chance in heaven. Best pass game in the nfl has left us without a championship - my belief does not wanted with others opinions.

THESMEL

Reaction score
I have had your back on several occasions, THESMEL, but posts like this are indefensible.

Sorry mitch just being fanatic - I don’t think it’s a full rebuild - chandler jones, pp, honey badger, DJ, fitz - we got top stars that any team would start - our core has greatness -

Last edited:

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
This is not a rebuild if they sign or trade for a veteran quarterback and use their draft capital to build the roster. No more 1st round misses by Keim. Build the line and add some receivers.
Potentially trading 2 years of 1st and 2nd round picks to grab a quarterback is to risky for a team with so many holes.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You don't have to "complete rebuild" when you have one of the league's most dynamic running backs, a Hall of Fame WR, a 7 time pro bowler at corner, the league's leader in sacks, and some other dynamic defensive talent.

No doubt the playoffs are questionable from where we stand now, but this won't be the oldest team in the league anymore, given that Carson is gone and only 2 of the 8 starters that were over 30 last year look to be possibly returning. There are definitely some steps to get there, but the cupboard isn't bare.

We also have to remember our kicker and punter also skew the average.

It may not seem like much, but together those three (QB, P, K) might skew our average a full year, and in the NFL first to last is only three years.

We were 27.28 and Browns were youngest at 24.24. Dropping us 1 year would take us down 10 notches.

Another interesting thing is how many of the older teams are playoff teams.

Panthers were 2nd oldest, Bills 3rd, Saints 5th, Titans 6th, Patriots 7th, Falcons 9th, Eagles 10th, Vikings 13th, Steelers 15th.

So 9 of the 12 playoff teams were in the older half of teams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That's all good about our corner pieces, but we really need a solid draft, hell the best draft Keim can come up with. No small school projects. I want guys who produced in college. Big schools. I think we are being too optimistic but we have to loook at reality.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Much depends on key cap decisions that Steve Keim and Mike Disner make. They can create a good deal of cap space to address the team's key needs, especially at QB, WR and the OL.
I think Keim can get us some quality FA's but as far as the draft goes, Im still not sold on him. I hope Wilks is Denny Green part 2 in finding talent, the best talent evaluator we ever had in recent memory.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No this team was 8-8 playing a third string QB, third string RB and your offensive line in shambles. The cardinals biggest enemy was health.

The Browns 0-16 is a complete rebuild this team is actually in a really good position
If the Browns had Cousins, they would be in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Vacard... what is that Calvin Pace quote about in your sig line?
At first i thought he was referring to the Cards which made it so funny, but he was actually referring to the Dolphins when they ran the wildcat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Tennessee Minnesota, New Orleans. To some extent the Rams laugh at the woe is me doomsday proclamations around here. This is a day to day, year to year league. Stuff changes dramatically.
How long Jax, Minny, and the Rams took to be so great? I know the Rams took YEARS to be where they are today. Jax too. This isn't a one year turnaround which we are expecting. We are gonna be calling for Wilks head after this year, new schemes, new roster, too little time to gel.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most if not all the overhauling figures to be on the offensive side of the ball. Other than addressing possible FA departures, we could pretty much stand pat on "D."

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

It’s not a “complete” rebuild. The team had a Top-5 defense as it stands without needing a significant addition. You have the best RB in the NFL and a great #1 receiver. Literally, this team could get a game manager like Alex Smith and win 10 games.

I also don’t think people are realizing how much better this team will be with improved special teams play.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score

A shame you feel you need to insult folks when you can't get your own facts straight.

We drafted Tupa to be a QB. He played QB (back up) exclusively as a rookie.

His second season, he was still our QB; however, he filled in as an emergency punter when punter Rich Camarillo got hurt. Gene Stallings liked him as a punter because it gave him the option to fake punt on every attempt, so we didn't bring in anyone else while Camarillo was injured. Tupa also doubled as our place holder on ST for the exact same reason.

Like virtually every QB we've drafted, Tupa didn't make it; however, he was able to stick around the league a couple extra years as a punter - again with the caveat that he was always good for a fake.

Oh, and a great trivia question, Who scored the first ever 2 point conversion in the NFL? Answer: Tom Tupa.... on a fake PAT attempt.

Go Cards!!!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s not a “complete” rebuild. The team had a Top-5 defense as it stands without needing a significant addition. You have the best RB in the NFL and a great #1 receiver. Literally, this team could get a game manager like Alex Smith and win 10 games.

I also don’t think people are realizing how much better this team will be with improved special teams play.

Yep, bring back some guys healthy and have a semi-adept QB with a couple of new WRs and we're in surprisingly good shape.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
People have listed positives on our roster--without, of course, listing our holes--but the biggest omission is that we don't have a QB. And, for the love of God, NO, a cheap vet we can easily pick up is not the answer to our woes at that most important position.

Today we're a million miles away from the playoffs. If Wilks and co. are good, AND Keim has an excellent offseason, then maybe we can compete for the playoffs. Until then, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose