Reaction score
Free Beyond Burgers today, yinz.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they cook it in the oven how will it get that delicious meat flavor all over it?

I think this stuff is just a gateway meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Just have a little taste. First bite is free. Everybody's doing it. You'll feel more grown up. It will make you feel good."

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Vegan propaganda.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the Diamondbacks game this weekend and on Tuesday night. Ended up having Paradise Valley Burger Co. for dinner there. Got the Camelback Burger which is Vegan and uses an Impossible Burger. Man it was good! Got it both nights!

The Wife really liked it as well.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Went to the Diamondbacks game this weekend and on Tuesday night. Ended up having Paradise Valley Burger Co. for dinner there. Got the Camelback Burger which is Vegan and uses an Impossible Burger. Man it was good! Got it both nights!

The Wife really liked it as well.

That’s awesome. Another place I’m going to have to try!

:drool:

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
[emoji848]

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the way home from the D23 Expo we stopped at Burger King for dinner. I haven't been to Burger King in several years but wanted to try the Impossible Whopper.

I would say for Burger King that it was very tasty. Wife liked it also. I would go back for them again.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome. Another place I’m going to have to try!

:drool:

Funny I don't see it on the menu of their main website. Might only be available at Chase Field:

Chase Fields New Food Items...

For vegan diners, the Camelback Burger is a plant-based patty with brown sugar-truffle ketchup and herb mustard, jalapeño relish, avocado, lettuce, cucumbers, and tons of dried onion flakes on a vegan bun for $14 at Paradise Valley Burger Co.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Whoa....

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Is this fried in the same oil as the regular chicken and is that a deal breaker for vegans?

I don’t know.

It wouldn’t be for me, but it would be for some.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
How long have you been a vegan, and have you lost a lot of weight as such?

Ten years now.

My weight isn’t really correlated to it, but my cholesterol plummeted within months after starting. My health is much better, but I do need to take a B12 supplement occasionally.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ten years now.

My weight isn’t really correlated to it, but my cholesterol plummeted within months after starting. My health is much better, but I do need to take a B12 supplement occasionally.

That's awesome.

About 15 years ago I became a vegetarian who also ate fish and then a couple years later became a vegetarian and then finally upgraded to vegan a couple years ago. I have dropped about 20 lb and my cholesterol has improved as well. Being vegan definitely has its challenges but those are a couple of the positives anyway.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's awesome.

About 15 years ago I became a vegetarian who also ate fish and then a couple years later became a vegetarian and then finally upgraded to vegan a couple years ago. I have dropped about 20 lb and my cholesterol has improved as well. Being vegan definitely has its challenges but those are a couple of the positives anyway.
What is weird is I have lost over twenty pounds lately, and am under 200 lbs for the first time in decades. I am eating a LOT of salad and veggies, and have reduced my meat intake dramatically! My cholesterol numbers went UP! I was shocked. The tech said you can't mess up that test. I fasted way over the time required.
I am also a celiac, so I do not eat any bread or gluten foods which might have eggs or hidden cholesterol ingredients.

I know your pain. Being GF and eating vegetarian or trying to is almost impossible. I sometimes have to get a meat containing meal just because there's nothing else I can find vegetarian AND gluten free.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is weird is I have lost over twenty pounds lately, and am under 200 lbs for the first time in decades. I am eating a LOT of salad and veggies, and have reduced my meat intake dramatically! My cholesterol numbers went UP! I was shocked. The tech said you can't mess up that test. I fasted way over the time required.
I am also a celiac, so I do not eat any bread or gluten foods which might have eggs or hidden cholesterol ingredients.

I know your pain. Being GF and eating vegetarian or trying to is almost impossible. I sometimes have to get a meat containing meal just because there's nothing else I can find vegetarian AND gluten free.

Wow, awesome on the weight loss, weird on the cholesterol.

Being vegan is kind of like an adventure, you are always figuring out new things to eat, what to order at restaurants, etc. But it is very doable. More and more places are coming up with vegan options, other places have them without necessarily promoting them. What I really like is going out of town and going to killer vegan restaurants, ie. Cornbread Cafe in Eugene, Vegan Nom food truck in Austin, and Ahimsa in Long Beach. And my fave, the Veggie Grill which is a chain that unfortunately doesn't have one where I live.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave