OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Update from The Economist.

Greggs, a cheap but cheerful purveyor of sandwiches and bakery food in Britain, reported an “exceptionally strong start” to 2019, which it attributed to the roll out of its vegan sausage roll. Derided by some (Piers Morgan pilloried Greggs for being “pc-ravaged clowns”) the company said the publicity had boosted sales of its other “iconic sausage rolls” and food. Some predict this will be the year of the vegan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Piers Morgan. Always wrong. Always dumb.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Also coming to grocery stores next month. :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried the Impossible Whopper tonight and I thought it tasted exactly like a whopper. Granted, I don’t usually get whoppers but if I was ever craving one,I would not hesitate to order it again.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I tried the Impossible Whopper tonight and I thought it tasted exactly like a whopper. Granted, I don’t usually get whoppers but if I was ever craving one,I would not hesitate to order it again.

They’re here?!

I thought they said the 8th was the intro date.

How’d you find it? Were they advertising?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re here?!

I read somewhere that they were going nationwide this week so I decided to see if my local one had it and they did. They had a sign out front by the drive thru.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’re here?!

Do you know if they are cooked on the same grill as the regular Whoppers or if they doing anything to keep the meat remnants off of them?

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I read somewhere that they were going nationwide this week so I decided to see if my local one had it and they did. They had a sign out front by the drive thru.

Smart!

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Do you know if they are cooked on the same grill as the regular Whoppers or if they doing anything to keep the meat remnants off of them?

I think you can request a separate grill.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, did Mrs YB ever try the Beyond tacos at DT?

Never made it because there's not one close to where we live. We made our own tacos last night with it. We'll definitely do it again. Taste and texture is decent, I prefer it to regular hamburger. Of course that's not saying much because I detest the smell of hamberder and poultry. If the smell isn't right with something, I won't eat it.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never made it because there's not one close to where we live. We made our own tacos last night with it. We'll definitely do it again. Taste and texture is decent, I prefer it to regular hamburger. Of course that's not saying much because I detest the smell of hamberder and poultry. If the smell isn't right with something, I won't eat it.

Phrasing!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had the Beyond tacos at Del Taco. I thought they were good. It's weird. I haven't had meat in thirty years (wow), so I can't really say if it tastes like meat or not, lol.

The Beyond burger to me seems too squishy or something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I had Impossible Whoppers for lunch. I meant to have one, but couldn’t resist a second.

They were delicious! Just like the Whoppers I remembered from many years ago.

Smart move by Burger King. [emoji39]

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I had Impossible Whoppers for lunch. I meant to have one, but couldn’t resist a second.

They were delicious! Just like the Whoppers I remembered from many years ago.

Smart move by Burger King. [emoji39]

Not sure if you saw this, but you might want to request it be cooked apart from the meat....

Vegans are wary of Burger King’s Impossible Whopper after controversy over cooking process
  • Burger King’s plant-based Impossible Whopper is launching nationwide Thursday.
  • Some vegans and vegetarians are saying on social media they will not eat the meat-free burger because it is cooked on the same grill as chicken and beef.
  • Customers can request that their Impossible Whopper is cooked separately.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/08/vegetarians-torn-over-trying-burger-kings-impossible-whopper.html

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Not sure if you saw this, but you might want to request it be cooked apart from the meat....

Vegans are wary of Burger King’s Impossible Whopper after controversy over cooking process
  • Burger King’s plant-based Impossible Whopper is launching nationwide Thursday.
  • Some vegans and vegetarians are saying on social media they will not eat the meat-free burger because it is cooked on the same grill as chicken and beef.
  • Customers can request that their Impossible Whopper is cooked separately.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/08/vegetarians-torn-over-trying-burger-kings-impossible-whopper.html

I saw some stories trying to make it into a big controversy.

For me, it doesn’t matter, but it does to some people.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson