I am really convinced by Q (Dan Patrick Interview)

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Sounded to me like Drew was writing up a script after each question. Quite a pause inbetween Q and A. Same ole, I don't think so answer to can things be fixed. He's full of it. Just get him signed please, offer 7 a year, take it or leave it. Retire if not. Personally I think they should give him another 10-12 mil signing bonus on his current contract for 3 years. Keep him three more years. If we want to franchise tag him, then so be it.

Just shut him up, never thought I would say that about Q.:bang:

If trade is the only scenario then do that. But I would rather sign him to a new deal, or force him to play out his.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
One good thing that I got out of the interview was that I think that this can be worked out. Anquan didn't come of as hostile as alot of reports are making him out to be. He is disappointed but he kind of tiptoed around the idea that he wouldn't stay with the Cards. He said right now he doesn't see it being worked, indicating that he could in the future.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really convinced that everyone doesn't need to create their own thread about their opinions on Boldin.

Amen. I wish was had mods who were interested in merging all the Boldin talk into one thread.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
2 the 1400 and 1200 yard seasons. 2005 and 2007

He got his new deal in 2005. He would have to of been to the pro bowl in 2006 and 2007 if what he said was true.

Reaction score
A very good interview; Dan Patrick did a very good job with asking all the necessary questions.
Anquan Boldin on 8-21-08 said:
"I am a member of the Arizona Cardinals. As long as I am a member of this team, I am going to go out and give my all." I think I have an obligation to my teamates, as well as to the fans, to go our and perform.

Speaking on his current contract Q said:
...at the time (I signed my deal), it was a fair market deal.
Then he goes on to say,
I took less, to help build this team."
:? How is it both fair market and less than at the same time???

I have to say that after listening to the 11+minute interview; Q probably feels that he has been slighted; but he is very uncomfortable discussing it publically. Leading me all the more to believe that Rosenhaus is in charge of the "negotiating" strategy. It does come across however that Q wants to be considered his teams #1 WR. Probably feels that money-wise and perhaps in other considerations he will never be that with the Arizona Cardinals.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from the Cardinals official site;

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/bio.php?PRKey=43

Pro Career:
A second-round draft choice and the sixth receiver taken in the 2003 NFL Draft, Boldin became the most prolific rookie receiver in league annals with 101 receptions, which broke the previous NFL record of 90 (New England’s Terry Glenn, 1996). The only rookie selected to the Pro Bowl in 2003, Boldin recorded five 100-yard games in his rookie year. Missed the first six games of 2004 with a knee injury suffered in training camp. In 2005, caught 102 passes for 1,402 yards and seven touchdowns while becoming the franchise leader in consecutive games with 100 or more yards receiving with five. In 2005, he and Larry Fitzgerald became the second tandem of receivers with 100 receptions and 1,400 yards in a season (Detroit’s Herman Moore and Brett Perriman in 1995). In 2006, he earned the second Pro Bowl selection of his career after putting up 83 receptions for 1,203 yards and four touchdowns. Had a career-high nine TD receptions in 2007.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he only had 2. The first being his rookie year.

You know what you are right Im an idiot. That promise must have been "get us a second pro-bowl and well get you a new contract."

That would make sense.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Q should be smart enough to understand that he has 3 YEARS left on his deal. If he wants the Cards to tear it up and give him a new one, the Cards should get a discount off what Q thinks he wants. You don't just cry and get a huge raise because you want one. They came to you and you said no we will wait until Larry sets a ridiculous salary scale and then come demand more money. Sorry Q thats not the way it works, shut up and play ball and EARN yourself a new contract, quite frankly you don't deserve top 10 reciever money right now. Produce a top 10 reciever year this season and maybe you have a little more to stand on, oh and try playing all season without being out with injuries.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
If the cards told Q "you get us 2 PB seasons and we will renegotiate your deal" Then shame on them for not following through. They said it. He delivered. Doesnt matter if it was on paper. People dont forget.

And there we have it. Renegotiate doesnt mean new deal before the start of the 2008 season. It means they will renegotiate, which is hard to do if your agent is telling you we will wait until after the Fitz deal. Lots of things change from 2 years ago to today, Both Boldin and the Cards should know that. Both sides should know better not to take a promise or the idea to renegotiate two years before hand so seriously considering the rapid change in climate in the NFL from year to year.

Case in point. I work in the residential housing market. Changes every year. My Boss told me I might get a raise 2 years from now when the housing market goes up, I am not taking it seriously considering the housing market may or may not be back up in two years. Heck the way it is going two years from now I might not have a job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SightsSoundsBach13

SightsSoundsBach13

Registered
Reaction score
The idea that Q hasn't thought of where he'd like to be traded to is bologna. He has friends in the NFL and I'm sure he's thought of it, but he's probably not going to name specifics based on what Drew Rosenhaus is telling him.

San Diego was a couple plays from making the Super Bowl and has had success adding to their offense through the draft. If they are one of the 17 teams, they are making one of the smaller offers.

Philadelphia would be stupid not to offer Lito and a 1st. This is the year they get a happy and healthy Westbrook and McNabb. Everything was in place until now it looks like their receiving corps are so bad that when Curtis looks to miss a couple games and Brown is injured in the preseason that they are putting Desean Jackson in with the first team this week with Hank Baskett. So Greg Lewis and Jason Avant have progressed THIS slowly? Boldin would be the last piece to their puzzle.

Dallas reportedly wants a receiver that stretches the field with speed so they are probably not the frontrunners come this offseason which is when I think Boldin will be made available barring some amazing turn.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen. I wish was had mods who were interested in merging all the Boldin talk into one thread.

BUNK! This interview def deserves its own thread. Not buried deep in the middle of some 50 page 3000 post jumbled mess.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Boy for how much some of you want to keep Boldin, you don't know when his pro bowl years were? Gee, I thought he was a core player. LOL

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there we have it. Renegotiate doesnt mean new deal before the start of the 2008 season. It means they will renegotiate, which is hard to do if your agent is telling you we will wait until after the Fitz deal. Lots of things change from 2 years ago to today, Both Boldin and the Cards should know that. Both sides should know better not to take a promise or the idea to renegotiate two years before hand so seriously considering the rapid change in climate in the NFL from year to year.

They should know better no doubt. But especially the team should know better. The player and an agent should be expected to hold management to their word IMO. But you are right. A little tough to do when you cant foresee events like Fitz balloon payment.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uncomfortable discussing publically? Yet that is all he does. Puh-leeze!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Q should be smart enough to understand that he has 3 YEARS left on his deal. If he wants the Cards to tear it up and give him a new one, the Cards should get a discount off what Q thinks he wants.

I agree. But Boldin told Irvin on his radio show he wants 8 Mill a year. That isnt a discount what so ever. But at the same time I think the Cards took this idea of a discount to a whole other level with there two initial offers.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what the Cards offered him, they are doing HIM a favor. They could tell him to just shut the hell up and play the contract you already have.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One thing I can say about this interview, BP can put someone in the hotseat.

Thanks for posting the thread, I was having fun, sorry if I was disrepectful.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris what is it with you? This thread certainly deserved to be started. That is a fabulous interview that is worthy of its own thread.

I am about to place all this Boldin stuff in one thread. It isn't necessary to have 10 threads about him.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
They should know better no doubt. But especially the team should know better. The player and an agent should be expected to hold management to their word IMO. But you are right. A little tough to do when you cant foresee events like Fitz balloon payment.

No doubt. Sounds like a stupid idea they put into Boldins head combined with Boldin taking it way to seriously. Cards started this mess for sure.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One good thing that I got out of the interview was that I think that this can be worked out. Anquan didn't come of as hostile as alot of reports are making him out to be. He is disappointed but he kind of tiptoed around the idea that he wouldn't stay with the Cards. He said right now he doesn't see it being worked, indicating that he could in the future.
I didn't get that impression at all. In fact, DP asked him that point blank and he said now it's not about the money, but that he doesn't believe he can trust his bosses.

Going into today I was of the mind that he was going to be a Cardinal this year. Now I think there's a chance he'll be traded in the next few days based on that comment.