Tongue-in-Cheek article: Suns vs Mavs

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Dirk is an unbelievable jump shooter and a decent passer, but a completely different class of player? I don't think so. He's not doing anything different this season that he hasn't done for the last 3 yrs, but the rest of his team is better and they have a better record. When was the last time an MVP won the award for only being a dominant jumpshooter (without being dominant in any other area)?

if mvp went off of jumpshots alone, Ray Allen ought to have 5 in a row by now, his J is so pretty

cly2tw

Reaction score
The comments about Suns' problem with defending the 3 are quite right though.

I was screaming at the screen when our defense somehow kept ignore the Mavs hothands in Howard and Stackhouse and let them shoot the 3s. I think only once did I see Nash fought through a screen to really challenge a 3-shot top of the key that caused the miss.

I know we play a lot of scrambling and helping defense that costs energy. But when there is a hot hand, we gotta pay some extra attention and try to suffocate it right from the beginning.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The sad truth is that the Suns problems at defending against cutters makes it all but impossible to get out on shooters. As a general rule, teams that hit their three pointers can beat the Suns.

Of course, teams that miss a lot of three pointers will lose. Long misses are great for triggering fast breaks and the Suns early offense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson