How long will our Search for a H.C. Take?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Take a guess what day we will have an announcement.

I will guess that Mr Bidwill will want to make a decision as soon as he can, getting the jump on other teams. I would think our new GM had a preference from the beginning of his hire. So I guess we will have our H.C. announced on Wednesday, 1/25.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It has been suggested to me by a reasonably in the know guy that Payton was never in play. He believes Reich will be hired because the candidates were compiled to favor him as the only offensive guy.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It has been suggested to me by a reasonably in the know guy that Payton was never in play. He believes Reich will be hired because the candidates were compiled to favor him as the only offensive guy.
I’m ok with Reich as we need to know what KM will become. But does that also mean VJ is still the DC which is just an awful decision

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My guess is that the dominoes will fall rapidly as soon as one franchise announces their selection. It will produce a feeding frenzy because nobody wants to look as though they've lost out.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm going to guess the 26th since They have only interviewed 3 including Vance today I believe. There is no way (I hope) they are going to hire VJ after interviewing only two other people.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The article I read yesterday from a Denver newspaper link (Denver Post maybe?) Said that Sean Payton will be seeking 20-25 million/year to coach. That's insane if totally true? Bidwill is never gonna pay that. I'm totally believing now our new coach will be Frank Reich. Maybe Flores but the lawsuit may play a role in him not getting hired? All these other guys being interviewed to me are just Rooney rule candidates which is total BS. Why even bring a guy in if you know you're not going to hire them? That's wasting their time & ours. I think after the KK fiasco, Bidwill will not settle for anything less than a former HC with a overall winning record which Reich has 40-33-1. I could be wrong, just my opinion though. I'm going with Tuesday the 24th.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Probably next week but not Monday. I'm guessing they'll do second in-person interviews early next week before sealing the deal. I expect other teams to lock in their coaches next week as well. And I would not be surprised if several current Cardinal coaches, e.g., Jeff Rogers, are retained depending on who gets the job.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take a guess what day we will have an announcement.

I will guess that Mr Bidwill will want to make a decision as soon as he can, getting the jump on other teams. I would think our new GM had a preference from the beginning of his hire. So I guess we will have our H.C. announced on Wednesday, 1/25.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The article I read yesterday from a Denver newspaper link (Denver Post maybe?) Said that Sean Payton will be seeking 20-25 million/year to coach. That's insane if totally true? Bidwill is never gonna pay that. I'm totally believing now our new coach will be Frank Reich. Maybe Flores but the lawsuit may play a role in him not getting hired? All these other guys being interviewed to me are just Rooney rule candidates which is total BS. Why even bring a guy in if you know you're not going to hire them? That's wasting their time & ours. I think after the KK fiasco, Bidwill will not settle for anything less than a former HC with a overall winning record which Reich has 40-33-1. I could be wrong, just my opinion though.
I agree Cardsfan, gaming the system by interviewing a minority candidate simply to check the box is disingenuous and a waste of everyone's time. Also, that we're much more likely to land Reich. Okay by me--I liked the guy as a player and I like him as a HC. One last thought, while Payton is a damn good HC, hiring him is bucking the odds because, IIRC, no HC has ever won a SB with two different franchises, right?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree Cardsfan, gaming the system by interviewing a minority candidate simply to check the box is disingenuous and a waste of everyone's time. Also, that we're much more likely to land Reich. Okay by me--I liked the guy as a player and I like him as a HC. One last thought, while Payton is a damn good HC, hiring him is bucking the odds because, IIRC, no HC has ever won a SB with two different franchises, right?
Yes, that's right. A few have won them as OC & HC with different teams (Arians, M.Shanahan) but never 2 different teams as HC. No one ever got to see what Reich could do with a good QB, Andrew Luck retired on him during pre season his first year as HC. Now, is Kyler on that same level? Opinions on this site vary lol.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm cooling on the idea of Hiring Payton. Don't get me wrong I would be ecstatic if we hired him but the price a first round draft pick seems a little high. I could care less how much he is asking for as a salary. I would be fine with Flores or Reich.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm cooling on the idea of Hiring Payton. Don't get me wrong I would be ecstatic if we hired him but the price a first round draft pick seems a little high. I could care less how much he is asking for as a salary. I would be fine with Flores or Reich.
That's the 2 most likely hires. I've warmed up to both of them. Both coaches have SB rings as assistants at least.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, that's right. A few have won them as OC & HC with different teams (Arians, M.Shanahan) but never 2 different teams as HC. No one ever got to see what Reich could do with a good QB, Andrew Luck retired on him during pre season his first year as HC. Now, is Kyler on that same level? Opinions on this site vary lol.
I should add that Weeb Ewbank did win undisputed titles with two different franchises (Colts and Jets), but his Baltimore championships pre-dated the SB.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think end of next week we will know. If Payton, Reich or Flores, anything else would be a shock.

But Payton's price is a bit steep, 20 mio a year and 1st round pick ...

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think end of next week we will know. If Payton, Reich or Flores, anything else would be a shock.

But Payton's price is a bit steep, 20 mio a year and 1st round pick ...
I gave up on Payton, absolutely not gonna happen. No way Bidwill is gonna pay that. It will be Reich or Flores imo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose