How in the world.....

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Man, I hope it's something else. I keep pulling for this guy to get it together and it would be a darned shame if he still hasn't figured it out after all this time.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, maybe it's different rules when you are awaiting reinstatement, but doesn't this mean by league rules he's basically banned from the NFL for life?

OP
OP
FrustratedFan04

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Why would I ask Washington? Did he fail a drug screen since seeking re-instatement?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would I ask Washington? Did he fail a drug screen since seeking re-instatement?

According to all reports he has been clean since his suspension but he did still fail enough drug tests to get a year suspension. Keep in mind, the NFL only drug tests from April to August yet he still failed many drug tests. Meanwhile, lets use fujitas claim that 50% of the league smokes pot. Well, less than 1% get suspended for it so the guys who do are simply morons.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
According to all reports he has been clean since his suspension but he did still fail enough drug tests to get a year suspension. Keep in mind, the NFL only drug tests from April to August yet he still failed many drug tests. Meanwhile, lets use fujitas claim that 50% of the league smokes pot. Well, less than 1% get suspended for it so the guys who do are simply morons.

It is incredibly easy to pass a drug test that you know is coming. Especially for guys with high metabolism and very little body fat.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is incredibly easy to pass a drug test that you know is coming. Especially for guys with high metabolism and very little body fat.

Yep. Except a big part of it is you have to stop smoking weed for a minute. Apparently some of these guys struggle with that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clue us in JC, why would he do it?

Its an addiction. I spend a significant part of my working day counseling people with addictions. I know I am going to get skewered for this on this board. Even if it is not that significant of a physical addiction, the pychological addiction to the high is absolutely overpowering for many.

I am not going to say anymore. If you disagree with me, that's fine. I really don't want to get into an argument about it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its an addiction. I spend a significant part of my working day counseling people with addictions. I know I am going to get skewered for this on this board. Even if it is not that significant of a physical addiction, the pychological addiction to the high is absolutely overpowering for many.

I am not going to say anymore. If you disagree with me, that's fine. I really don't want to get into an argument about it.

Some people with extreme addictive personalities can get addicted to literally anything, including marijuana. That may be his issue.

But, beyond that small percentage of people, marijuana is not an addictive substance.

As you can see with 50% of players smoking weed but less than 1% getting caught. The other 49% drop it when they know they are going to be tested.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some people with extreme addictive personalities can get addicted to literally anything, including marijuana. That may be his issue.

But, beyond that small percentage of people, marijuana is not an addictive substance.

As you can see with 50% of players smoking weed but less than 1% getting caught. The other 49% drop it when they know they are going to be tested.

1 out of 11 according to studies.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, government studies have worked very diligently over the last 60+ years to demonize marijuana at much as possible. Even to the point where they suffocated monkeys in gas masks with 63 joints worth of marijuana smoke for five straight minutes and equated that to brain cell loss (which was caused by lack of oxygen).

Beyond that, marijuana is still illegal in most places and it is hard to conduct any true research when the primary part funding it has been fighting to keep it illegal for ages.

Anyway, NFL players are free to abuse alcohol all they want until they wake up outside of strip clubs parked in the center of the road to a cop knocking on their window. Even then, they still are allowed to play but if they smoke weed at home after work they get suspended.

Last edited:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JB maybe one of the best WR that we never get to see play again

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I've been thoroughly brainwashed on the subject but I do know that marijuana does have medicinal benefits. Which I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone who found relief from.

Which makes me wonder, does it have to be smoked to attain those benefits? If not, then maybe that's an easy way to determine what someone is really up to? If one smokes it, they're just trying to get high. Ingest it and you're looking for relief.

/tangent.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thoroughly brainwashed on the subject but I do know that marijuana does have medicinal benefits. Which I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone who found relief from.

Which makes me wonder, does it have to be smoked to attain those benefits? If not, then maybe that's an easy way to determine what someone is really up to? If one smokes it, they're just trying to get high. Ingest it and you're looking for relief.

/tangent.

It does not have to be smoked however it doesn't matter how you take it, you can get medicinal benefits from any ingestion method. When you smoke it, it takes affect faster but does not last as long. When you eat it it kicks in slower but lasts longer.

Eating it is risky as every edible has different potency levels and you can get way too high very easily so most people simply smoke it to be able to control how much they take.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
It does not have to be smoked however it doesn't matter how you take it, you can get medicinal benefits from any ingestion method. When you smoke it, it takes affect faster but does not last as long. When you eat it it kicks in slower but lasts longer.

Eating it is risky as every edible has different potency levels and you can get way too high very easily so most people simply smoke it to be able to control how much they take.
Sounds reasonable. I've never been interested in it(or drinking) so for me, people who seem so passionate and devoted to such things come off as potheads or alcoholics. Not saying that's "right" but that's always my instinct before my conscious brain kicks in.

Unfortunately, I generally have very reluctant sympathy toward addicts. Yet, I'm hard-pressed to pass up a slice of pizza or Twinkie. It's the same old story, resentment is often because of what one see's in themselves. I'm just as compulsive as any drug-addict with my own vices.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable. I've never been interested in it(or drinking) so for me, people who seem so passionate and devoted to such things come off as potheads or alcoholics. Not saying that's "right" but that's always my instinct before my conscious brain kicks in.

Unfortunately, I generally have very reluctant sympathy toward addicts. Yet, I'm hard-pressed to pass up a slice of pizza or Twinkie. It's the same old story, resentment is often because of what one see's in themselves. I'm just as compulsive as any drug-addict with my own vices.

I am passionate about it and was once a pothead I guess. I still partake a plenty but i doubt I am pothead status anymore, just a few tokes an evening nowadays. I never really drink, just the weed.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Braylon edwards just got another DUI. His last one got him suspended for one quarter. He is not in the NFL now. Meanwhile guys who smoke marijuana at home instead of driving around drunk get 1 year suspensions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/12/braylon-edwards-charged-with-extreme-dui-in-arizona/

Long since gone from and forgotten by the NFL, Edwards was arrested last week in Arizona. Via TMZ, Edwards was charged with “extreme DUI,” which means that his blood-alcohol concentration was measured at more than 0.20 percent.

A prior DUI incident involving Edwards in 2010 became a major controversy for the Jets. Cited on a Tuesday for DUI, the Jets received considerable pressure to suspend Edwards for an upcoming Sunday night game against the Dolphins. He ultimately was benched for the first quarter of the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

/tangent.

has the same effect smoked or ingested. the reason that a lot of cancer patients ingest it is because it's not healthy to smoke and put that in their lungs. and I don't think you can test whether or not you've smoked or ingested anyway.