House of the Dragon (HBO)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
It's 4,526 days now since A Dance with Dragons came out with George still not finishing even Winds of Winter never mind A Dream of Spring. So this is still a hard pass.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's 4,526 days now since A Dance with Dragons came out with George still not finishing even Winds of Winter never mind A Dream of Spring. So this is still a hard pass.
Those books will never be finished but it seems petty to avoid a tv show because of that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. The only one that will tempt me is the Hedge Knight, because I loved those. House of the Dragon is just created whole cloth.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most recent one was pretty fun. We're still watching although it gets boring in parts. Bit of a slog to get to the payoff episodes, but that's ok. No one is holding a gun to our heads.

We do love us some dragons.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Most recent one was pretty fun. We're still watching although it gets boring in parts. Bit of a slog to get to the payoff episodes, but that's ok. No one is holding a gun to our heads.

We do love us some dragons.
Agreed. It's still a good watch as long as the payoffs stay as high as the one in s2 ep4

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had free trial and watched the first episode of season two and let it lapse. Can’t get into these characters AT ALL. Forgot how I really didn’t care when season one ended. Watched season one on daughter’s account (which she canceled). Refuse to pay money for it. LOL

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Had free trial and watched the first episode of season two and let it lapse. Can’t get into these characters AT ALL. Forgot how I really didn’t care when season one ended. Watched season one on daughter’s account (which she canceled). Refuse to pay money for it. LOL
I watched the first 4 episodes of season one and it was a chore. Never got into it and quit after the episode about marrying a little girl to save the monarchy. It was just creepy

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I watched the first 4 episodes of season one and it was a chore. Never got into it again quit after the episode about marrying a little girl to save the monarchy. It was just creepy
It really didn’t get any better after you quit. I persevered to the end but it got a big “ meh” from me.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I’m surprised by all the negativity. It is currently one of my favorite shows.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That last episode was on par with a good GOT episode.
Yeah… I literally gave up after 30 minutes and was pretty much done with the show. But then had a little time to kill today and watched the rest… that was some GOT stuff there that made the show much more interesting.

Glad I watched and they bought another week from me.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
We're trying to get through the new season but it's a slog. We just finished the second episode last night and my wife wants to bail. It's nowhere close to the original series, but that's a high bar.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're trying to get through the new season but it's a slog. We just finished the second episode last night and my wife wants to bail. It's nowhere close to the original series, but that's a high bar.

The struggle is real. :)