HOU 31 AZ 21 Analysis

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
BA must be at his wit's end. He and his staff just can't seem to get this team over the hump, as it continues to make the same kind of self-destructive mistakes, week after week. What's of highest concern, is the lack of urgency, discipline and positive energy this team displays. The FOX crew said that BA billed this game as a "playoff game" and yet, to be frank, save from the auspicious debuts of QB Blaine Gabbert, TE Ricky Seals-Jones and S Budda Baker and the continued excellence of WR Larry Fitzgerald, the overall team effort was strikingly listless, especially for a team that had 10 days to prepare for the game.

As for the critical 4th and inches call from their own 36 yard line, down 24-21 and over 6 minutes on the clock, BA's decision may have had as much to do with his growing frustration with the team's defense---that and having watched J.J. Nelson drop a wide open, perfectly thrown out pass two plays earlier, and then watching Blaine Gabbert once again throw short of the sticks on 3rd down, this time to John Brown who had no wiggle room after the catch to gain the extra yard.

BA took the loss squarely join his shoulders after the game---which could be a sign that he is starting to take more responsibility for his team's shortcomings. The Arizona reporters after the game were more assertive in their questions of BA this week, which is a sign that they too are concerned with the direction of the football team and the manner in which it is being coached. Kent Somers asked BA why BA thought he could gain a yard in the running game when the Texans were in the backfield all day pummeling the unprotected RB Adrian Peterson. BA said he rued the call...that he should have called a different play...or that he should have punted.

So, why is this team looking so out of sorts and poorly motivated? It looks, at least to me, that the players have stopped listening to the coaches. Week after week, the team comes out as flat as pancake after half-time---almost as if they don't care. This looks like a team that has been yelled at and chewed out too much. When that happens too often, there comes a point where the players just drown the coaches out.

Case in point---last year Michael Floyd suddenly had a habitual case of the drops. Now this year, more than ever, John Brown and J.J. Nelson have the same problem---to the point where BA said he will be looking at new WRs this week. Is it just pure coincidence that all three of these players, the longer they have gone in BA's system have regressed to the point of being benched or released?

On the defensive side of the ball, tackling remains the team's biggest issue---something that BA vowed would be emphasized this year from day one. What does it say about the players on the defense that rookie Budda Baker was just about the only player on the unit yesterday who was flat-out balling? How can Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu sit there today and watch themselves go so half-heartedly after tackles? On a simple WR screen pass, with the Cardinals sitting in zone and Patrick Peterson having the flat, Peterson never even got a finger on the WR, as he did everything defenders are taught not to do. He didn't break down. He ran wildly out of bounds which the WR easily side-stepped and turned into an 8 yard gain. On a number of occasions yesterday, Tyrann Mathieu was in perfect position to step up and make tackles that he used to make in his sleep, but he hesitated on several key occasions and got caught in no man's land. The question is---why does BA and James Bettcher and the staff put up with this?

What we learned yesterday is that some of the talent that BA and his staff has been sitting on is better than the players the coaches have been going with all along. QB Blaine Gabbert is a significant upgrade over Drew Stanton. Gabbert has the stronger, more accurate arm and is more mobile. (BTW---BA said yesterday before the game that when Stanton is healthy, Stanton is the starter). While S Tyvon Branch was having a very good season, he never impacted a game this year the way Budda Baker did yesterday (13 tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery). Why has this brilliant young talent been sitting all year? Especially for a defense that DOES NOT TACKLE? TE Ricky Seals-Jones put on the best TE TD reception performance of the season? On an offense that has been begging for a TE to emerge as a bona fide red zone threat.

If you look back a couple of years the same thing happened with RB David Johnson. Sure, RB Chris Johnson was leading the NFL in rushing at the time, but he was slowing down considerably before he got hurt and David Johnson was just an after-thought. Once David Johnson was inserted...what did we see?

BTW---Chris Johnson was tweeting yesterday once again about the Cardinals trying to run the same old dive plays into a wall over and over---which even FOX's Ronde Barber said he noticed ad nauseous in his film prep of the Cardinals' offense.

I am going to take a moment and speculate that C Evan Boehm is an upgrade over A.Q. Shipley. That WR Chad Williams (BA said he'd be ready by Thanksgiving, well now it's Thanksgiving) is an upgrade of any of the J's (as Ronde Barber called them). That Haason Reddick is an upgrade over Kareem Martin. That Rudy Ford is an upgrade in pass coverage over Tyrann Mathieu. That D.J. Foster is an upgrade over Kerwynn Williams and Andre Ellington.

The Arizona reporters after the game were pressing Larry Fitzgerald about whether it was his intent to return next year---which is odd considering he just agreed to an $11M+ contract for 2018. Fitz said all he's thinking about right now is going against one of the top defenses in the NFL in the Jaguars'.

Could the so-called re-signing of Larry Fitzgerald to a 2018 contract be just a ploy to get season ticket holders to renew? How can Larry Fitzgerald even fathom another year of this kind of futility?

The Arizona Cardinals are a sinking ship right now. The rest of the teams in the NFC West have their QBOFs in place. The Seahawks and Rams have stronger, more athletic and aggressive defenses. The 49ers are amassing some very good young talent on defense, particularly up front. And all three teams have significantly better special teams than the Cardinals'.

More of the same from the Cardinals could set their progress back another couple of years.

Will Michael Bidwill make a coaching change this off-season? Will Bidwill give the fans something to make them eager to fill the stadium for years to come?

One name to keep a close eye on---is Pat Shurmer, the Vikings' offensive coordinator who is rolling 7s and 11s in Minnesota with Case Keenam at QB, as evidenced by their 24-7 win over the Rams yesterday. Keenam is a 2018 free agent and could join Shurmer in Arizona while Shurmer develops the Cardinals' first round selection as QBOF, be it Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen.

The other name to keep an eye on is the Texans' defensive coordinator, Mike Vrabel. Hiring Vrabel as the new head coach could accomplish what the Steelers did by hiring a young Mike Tomlin to succeed Bill Cowher. Vrabel, a Bill Belichick disciple of sorts, has all the makings of an outstanding head coach.

A pipe dream could be to lure Dabo Swinney of Clemson to Arizona. if Clemson wins another NCAA Championship this year---Swinney might be tempted to take his and some of his staff's talents to the NFL. Michael Bidwill and Steve Keim have become very friendly and familiar with Swinney over the past couple of years as Swinney has invited them to his Fiesta Bowl practices. Swinney would not come cheap, however. He currently earns $8.5M a year at Clemson and has a $40M buyout, which would have to be negotiated, if at all possible.

Bidwill and Keim should have listened to Swinney about moving up to take QB Deshaun Watson. But, can you imagine the excitement in Arizona if Swinney is named head coach and the Cardinals trade up to draft QB Lamar Jackson?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
nobody ever brings out their best while they are in their comfort zone. this team, with the exception of a few young players, is in its comfort zone...
no risk it no biscuit....no... just no risk, as in nobody has to pay a price for failure. every position on the team,...like Dory from nemo,... just keep swimming, just keep swimming,...la, la, la, la, la....everything is fine, I'm great, doing a wonderful job, no risk of getting cut, yeehaw, the nfl life is awesome,....la,la,la,...
and sadly the coaching staff is in the same zone.... how can betcher push his boundaries to improve when he believes he is doing fine, why would amos jones even bother? he is gonna collect his check either way. they are complacent because they are comfortable where they are and they do not have to do better, they dont have to take risks.
It all stems back to that season ending ass whoopin we got from seattle two years ago...many overlook it, and I have not been able to find a clip of it... but the look on Larry's face when he heard BA telling the sideline reporter we were not trying to win..it said it all... this team has never been the same since that game..a mangled playoff run which ended in us getting dismantled, nay,...DESTROYED by Carolina,... then last season...which we were all quick to overlook when we found out BA had liver cancer... an endless stream of excuses disguised as reasons and none of them address the deep underlying decay that has infected this team.
trust me Cards fans,...decay is in fact the proper verbiage,.. because this unit is dead.
They got so comfortable in what they were they haven't even put forth enough effort to show a heartbeat. If there is any residual pulse it is in a few young players. Players we have been steadily lead to believe were not good enough to see the field amidst all of the Cardinal greatness that is our starters. Players our staff has worked so hard to plug in to any position on the field except for the position they have shown success at.
This team, sadly, is on hospice. Somebody who cares, rather it be Steve Keim or owner Michael Bidwill... needs to step up, sign the damned DNR...and pull the plug.
Pulling the plug with a DNR in effect will force the team to live, breathe, thrive, survive all on its own...live or die, because the DNR is signed so there is no safety net, no life support... no comfort zone where the machines do all the breathing for them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Mike Vrabel has been a DC for one season, but he's ready to be a head coach?

Pat Shurmur has been OC for the Vikings for two seasons. Today, it feels like he was the one keeping the boards of Chip Kelly's offense together in Philly. He didn't do much for the Browns, though.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

Pat Shurmur has been OC for the Vikings for two seasons. Today, it feels like he was the one keeping the boards of Chip Kelly's offense together in Philly. He didn't do much for the Browns, though.
Would rather have Matt Patricia over Vrabel.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score

Someone is going to hop on Vrabel this year or next. He will be a head coach the right way. He will oversee the entire team and all three phases, the way Belichick does.

Well, as for Shurmer, what Browns' HC over the past 15 years has done much? At least he has some experience as a head coach.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Hopefully Gabbert starts the rest of the year and we see a lot more of Ricky Seals Jones. I am hoping BA gives Gabbert the go ahead to audible plays. Houston's defense was very easy to read, but we went along with the plays that were called. When they were putting 8 in the box we were still running. Peyton Manning would change a play in a New York minute if a defense was showing their hand like that.

I would sign and start another wide receiver this week just to send a message to the rest of them. They have one job to do and that's catch the ball and they can't even do that. My nephew can out catch every one of them but Fitz. How these players are in the NFL is beyond me.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score

Trust me, you wouldn't. Patricia doesn't have the gravitas, nor the charisma with the players that Vrabel does. Patricia makes most of the defensive calls in games, but Belichick coordinates the whole thing and generates the game plans.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Someone is going to hop on Vrabel this year or next. He will be a head coach the right way. He will oversee the entire team and all three phases, the way Belichick does.

Well, as for Shurmer, what Browns' HC over the past 15 years has done much? At least he has some experience as a head coach.

Good luck with that. Maybe he'll be as good as Eric Mangini, or Charlie Whis, or Romeo Crennel, or Josh McDaniels. History is littered with the corpses of failed Belichick disciples. Let's wait for one to work out; I don't mind being second in this race.

I could live with Shurmur. He's kind of like an offensive version of Todd Bowles. It'd be interesting to see whom he'd bring in as DC. He's worked with Dick Jaroun and Billy Davis.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Good luck with that. Maybe he'll be as good as Eric Mangini, or Charlie Whis, or Romeo Crennel, or Josh McDaniels. History is littered with the corpses of failed Belichick disciples. Let's wait for one to work out; I don't mind being second in this race.

I could live with Shurmur. He's kind of like an offensive version of Todd Bowles. It'd be interesting to see whom he'd bring in as DC. He's worked with Dick Jaroun and Billy Davis.
Not saying Patricia would be my first choice, or second...just saying he has far more experience than Vrabel. Shurmur wouldn't be a bad hire. Steve Wilks would be worth interviewing, also.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Deserved or not, I feel that most teams will throw out his time with the Browns other than he knows what a head coach has to handle.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I would say that I would have an interview with McDaniels. At least he seems to acknowledge what went wrong. He has stated he realizes now that you have to built the culture they have in New England vs coming in and installing it. I like the awareness that the comment shows at least on the surface. I don't now that I would hire him, but I would give him a shot.

and Shurmur would be my first choice unless someone unexpected comes available.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
So, why is this team looking so out of sorts and poorly motivated? It looks, at least to me, that the players have stopped listening to the coaches. Week after week, the team comes out as flat as pancake after half-time---almost as if they don't care. This looks like a team that has been yelled at and chewed out too much. When that happens too often, there comes a point where the players just drown the coaches out.

I just wrote on another post:

There are missed tackles in every NFL game. If you're expecting perfection from the players ... not gonna happen. They need to either get over it, or have contingency plans when the inevitable (missed tackles/dropped passes) happen. Maybe not run the same plays over and over again? I think players may feel the pressure "to be perfect" and can't overcome it when they're not.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
BA must be at his wit's end. He and his staff just can't seem to get this team over the hump, as it continues to make the same kind of self-destructive mistakes, week after week. What's of highest concern, is the lack of urgency, discipline and positive energy this team displays. The FOX crew said that BA billed this game as a "playoff game" and yet, to be frank, save from the auspicious debuts of QB Blaine Gabbert, TE Ricky Seals-Jones and S Budda Baker and the continued excellence of WR Larry Fitzgerald, the overall team effort was strikingly listless, especially for a team that had 10 days to prepare for the game.

As for the critical 4th and inches call from their own 36 yard line, down 24-21 and over 6 minutes on the clock, BA's decision may have had as much to do with his growing frustration with the team's defense---that and having watched J.J. Nelson drop a wide open, perfectly thrown out pass two plays earlier, and then watching Blaine Gabbert once again throw short of the sticks on 3rd down, this time to John Brown who had no wiggle room after the catch to gain the extra yard.

BA took the loss squarely join his shoulders after the game---which could be a sign that he is starting to take more responsibility for his team's shortcomings. The Arizona reporters after the game were more assertive in their questions of BA this week, which is a sign that they too are concerned with the direction of the football team and the manner in which it is being coached. Kent Somers asked BA why BA thought he could gain a yard in the running game when the Texans were in the backfield all day pummeling the unprotected RB Adrian Peterson. BA said he rued the call...that he should have called a different play...or that he should have punted.

Case in point---last year Michael Floyd suddenly had a habitual case of the drops. Now this year, more than ever, John Brown and J.J. Nelson have the same problem---to the point where BA said he will be looking at new WRs this week. Is it just pure coincidence that all three of these players, the longer they have gone in BA's system have regressed to the point of being benched or released?

On the defensive side of the ball, tackling remains the team's biggest issue---something that BA vowed would be emphasized this year from day one. What does it say about the players on the defense that rookie Budda Baker was just about the only player on the unit yesterday who was flat-out balling? How can Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu sit there today and watch themselves go so half-heartedly after tackles? On a simple WR screen pass, with the Cardinals sitting in zone and Patrick Peterson having the flat, Peterson never even got a finger on the WR, as he did everything defenders are taught not to do. He didn't break down. He ran wildly out of bounds which the WR easily side-stepped and turned into an 8 yard gain. On a number of occasions yesterday, Tyrann Mathieu was in perfect position to step up and make tackles that he used to make in his sleep, but he hesitated on several key occasions and got caught in no man's land. The question is---why does BA and James Bettcher and the staff put up with this?

What we learned yesterday is that some of the talent that BA and his staff has been sitting on is better than the players the coaches have been going with all along. QB Blaine Gabbert is a significant upgrade over Drew Stanton. Gabbert has the stronger, more accurate arm and is more mobile. (BTW---BA said yesterday before the game that when Stanton is healthy, Stanton is the starter). While S Tyvon Branch was having a very good season, he never impacted a game this year the way Budda Baker did yesterday (13 tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery). Why has this brilliant young talent been sitting all year? Especially for a defense that DOES NOT TACKLE? TE Ricky Seals-Jones put on the best TE TD reception performance of the season? On an offense that has been begging for a TE to emerge as a bona fide red zone threat.

If you look back a couple of years the same thing happened with RB David Johnson. Sure, RB Chris Johnson was leading the NFL in rushing at the time, but he was slowing down considerably before he got hurt and David Johnson was just an after-thought. Once David Johnson was inserted...what did we see?

BTW---Chris Johnson was tweeting yesterday once again about the Cardinals trying to run the same old dive plays into a wall over and over---which even FOX's Ronde Barber said he noticed ad nauseous in his film prep of the Cardinals' offense.

I am going to take a moment and speculate that C Evan Boehm is an upgrade over A.Q. Shipley. That WR Chad Williams (BA said he'd be ready by Thanksgiving, well now it's Thanksgiving) is an upgrade of any of the J's (as Ronde Barber called them). That Haason Reddick is an upgrade over Kareem Martin. That Rudy Ford is an upgrade in pass coverage over Tyrann Mathieu. That D.J. Foster is an upgrade over Kerwynn Williams and Andre Ellington.

The Arizona reporters after the game were pressing Larry Fitzgerald about whether it was his intent to return next year---which is odd considering he just agreed to an $11M+ contract for 2018. Fitz said all he's thinking about right now is going against one of the top defenses in the NFL in the Jaguars'.

Could the so-called re-signing of Larry Fitzgerald to a 2018 contract be just a ploy to get season ticket holders to renew? How can Larry Fitzgerald even fathom another year of this kind of futility?

The Arizona Cardinals are a sinking ship right now. The rest of the teams in the NFC West have their QBOFs in place. The Seahawks and Rams have stronger, more athletic and aggressive defenses. The 49ers are amassing some very good young talent on defense, particularly up front. And all three teams have significantly better special teams than the Cardinals'.

More of the same from the Cardinals could set their progress back another couple of years.

Will Michael Bidwill make a coaching change this off-season? Will Bidwill give the fans something to make them eager to fill the stadium for years to come?

One name to keep a close eye on---is Pat Shurmer, the Vikings' offensive coordinator who is rolling 7s and 11s in Minnesota with Case Keenam at QB, as evidenced by their 24-7 win over the Rams yesterday. Keenam is a 2018 free agent and could join Shurmer in Arizona while Shurmer develops the Cardinals' first round selection as QBOF, be it Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen.

The other name to keep an eye on is the Texans' defensive coordinator, Mike Vrabel. Hiring Vrabel as the new head coach could accomplish what the Steelers did by hiring a young Mike Tomlin to succeed Bill Cowher. Vrabel, a Bill Belichick disciple of sorts, has all the makings of an outstanding head coach.

A pipe dream could be to lure Dabo Swinney of Clemson to Arizona. if Clemson wins another NCAA Championship this year---Swinney might be tempted to take his and some of his staff's talents to the NFL. Michael Bidwill and Steve Keim have become very friendly and familiar with Swinney over the past couple of years as Swinney has invited them to his Fiesta Bowl practices. Swinney would not come cheap, however. He currently earns $8.5M a year at Clemson and has a $40M buyout, which would have to be negotiated, if at all possible.

Bidwill and Keim should have listened to Swinney about moving up to take QB Deshaun Watson. But, can you imagine the excitement in Arizona if Swinney is named head coach and the Cardinals trade up to draft QB Lamar Jackson?
Great write up Mitch & perfect analysis of what's wrong with Big Red. Some of you're best my man!

I remember you saying at the beginning of last year many of the faults of BA & him losing some of the players respect & many posters here snickered & game you a hard time. I finally agreed with you earlier this season & many posters here again poo poo'd that idea. Well, it's here full blown. I was laughed at a few weeks ago when I said the Cards are going to be cellar dwellers next year after the Niners traded for Jimmy G. It's true!

Michael has to pull the plug on the sinking ship as you say. It's the best move for the franchise go forward. It's not sinking it's sunk!

Today's comments of BA recanting & defending his decision on 4th down sealed his fate with most fans & probably the only players left who really believe in him. Some of the coaching staff don't have contracts next year (which ones I don't know), so drain the swamp. The older coaches probably aren't all in & committed enough at this point change their part time ways. It's time to move on BA has no yeast left in his biscuits!!! :mrgreen:

Michael & Steve Keim have to make the tuff decision in 6 weeks & say goodbye to a friend, a respected coach for the right reasons which is the future. But the million $$$ question is do Michael Bidwill & Steve Keim have the balls to do the right thing?

As far as your HC candidates what are your thoughts regarding Frank Reich? That name popped into my head last night on SNF. Darrell Bevel intrigues me as well. Imagine what he could do if we where lucky enough to get Mayfield, since he's done such a great job with Wilson. Hmmmm

Last edited:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Only way BA is back is if Carson and Fitz decide to go all-in for one final ride in 2018. Strengthen DL and OL through FA and draft and go for it again. It's not that unlikely for both to come back. Fitz has some juicy records to break to cement himself as the 2nd best to ever play WR, and he is still playing on elite level. Carson got his season cut short by a freak injury and could be eager to prove it one last time. If either of them calls it a career, BA should go too. No way he should lead an offensive rebuild, that's no offense you want to put a young QB in, much less without Fitz.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

BA for me is done, he has now the same stories like Whizenpunt "the players", he never gets the blame, that should be it.

For the rest, I wrote at the beginning of the season, that I found the offseason odd, Keim, didn't do anything in the FA market, tried to get as many compensatory picks, didn't sign many new contracts and we don't have that many Players and coaches under contract next year. I concluded, that Keim reloaded for a rebuild without BA. Now, seeing the season unfold, seeing Keim&Micheal Bidwill not standing on the sidleline and without many emotions when we lose, I can only think about that BA is more than done and maybe he already knows that.

For this season, we will probably win maybe 1 more game, but the Giants aren't really good and that game will be a nailbiter. For the rest, I don't see us win one, I saw nothing that tells me that BA can make a gameplan to win. At the other hand, we are the Cardiac Cardinals so, everything is possible.

But for now, I think our Roster will look totally different next year. I hope that SK/MB can get a great coach, Harbaugh would be nice. He could stick it to Pete and the 49ers twice a year and get back to the SB and win one with us and if he wants to go back to college football after 4 years I'm okay with it as long as we get 1 SB ^^.

Swinney would be nice, I'm intrigued by Patricia because he seems to be the guy that Belicheck is building up to be a HC, I don't know if he has the potential and the way to get to his players. Gruden or Reich would be intriguing HC too. We will see, what we can get, but BA has to go, or we don't get any FA on normal contracts again.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The dive play:

Not only predictable but telegraphed.

And, as it turns out, involved a missed blocking assignment.

This isn't training camp. By now our guys should know the playbook. If it isn't the coaching, it's that we're signing dumb or intellectually lazy players.

I tend to shy away from making seat-of-the-pants decisions but we're at a point where we can't keep doing the same old things that repeatedly do not work.

Like the dive play.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The dive play:

Not only predictable but telegraphed.

And, as it turns out, involved a missed blocking assignment.

This isn't training camp. By now our guys should know the playbook. If it isn't the coaching, it's that we're signing dumb or intellectually lazy players.

I tend to shy away from making seat-of-the-pants decisions but we're at a point where we can't keep doing the same old things that repeatedly do not work.

Like the dive play.
the only way a guy blows that play is due to lack of reps... it is by far the most basic play in the game... unless they tried to get cute with the blocking scheme... but still...lack of reps.

They should be out there today running that play the length of the field

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This talk of missed assignment is just BA making excuses as usual. No coach in a stable state of mind makes that ******** call with AP running up the middle. It's most likely that if assignment was not missed it would of been 2 yard loss instead of 5 yards or whatever it was

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This talk of missed assignment is just BA making excuses as usual. No coach in a stable state of mind makes that ******** call with AP running up the middle. It's most likely that if assignment was not missed it would of been 2 yard loss instead of 5 yards or whatever it was
In fairness, 9 of Peterson's 10 runs to the left or middle, up to that point, had gained at least a yard. The prior 4 runs to the left and middle had gained 4, 1, 3, 3, and 4 yards. Peterson only had three prior runs that lost yardage, and two of those were over the right side.

I'd love to see someone break down the play to see whether there's any merit to the idea that a missed block blew the play.

...dbs

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only HC I want is David Shaw.

No doubt a ton of NFL teams would love to have him, and I would love to see him land here too. He has an NFL pedigree going back pretty far, before his Stanford tenure. The question is, can he be pried away from Stanford? That's one helluva great gig, without being a pressure cooker like the "football factory" schools are.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You could also say Peterson made the wrong read after seeing the hole was closed and should have gone right (to the right of Shipley) where it appears there was enough daylight to pick up the first down.