HotSpurs

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
You should pick a team based outside of the Prem. Can't be accused of glory hunting then. The fans might be more welcome to you coming on board too.

You'd be based close to Peterborough which is where I currently live. Not a big Posh fan myself, but Cambridge is another option. They've got a good core of fans and watching lower-league football is great fun.

Or become a Leeds fan. Leeds fans are always the most attractive, intelligent and humble of all fans.

Yeah I will just have to see when I get there. I will give it a try.

Based on what we get to see here in the USA following the Spurs are def not glory hunting. Everything is Manchester teams Chelsea arsenal and historically Liverpool.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me to see the Spurs sweep the Warriors in the WCF and go on to win the finals in five games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hate, hate, hate the Spurs.

I don't have a SA jealousy complex so cheering for the real Spurs won't bother me. And if you like arsenal you are the epl equivalent of a sA fan.

Last edited:

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ah today the Spurs were lackluster. I was happy to see yedlin come on. He was happy to go forward but really never had the ball. He almost gave up a goal. I hope he gets a start soon.

He almost conceded a goal ; )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He almost conceded a goal ; )

Yes he did and I've noticed he hasn't been back since. I wonder if that was a reason. Man I wish they would play him. I know Spurs fans are anxious to see him play.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I live in London and have been supporting Spurs my entire life - it's not easy as people have alluded to; we've got a deserved reputation for being the nearly, but not quite there, team of the league, which sucks, personified by finishing 4th a few seasons ago only to see our champions league spot (for top 4 finishers) go to Chelsea who finished fifth that year but miraculously won the whole thing with a nobody as head coach. That's never happened before but typical that it's Spurs on the receiving end..

But, we are definitely a big club - one of only 6 teams in the prem never to be relegated - with a (hopefully - but never say that when it comes to the Spurs!) bright future; a new stadium is being built, we've got the best training facilities in England, and have a new coach (no surprise there) who looks to be a keeper and seems to have a knack for getting the most out of young players. See all of Southampton last year and Kane, mason and bentaleb this year.

And while it's true we're a 'selling' club (but, by definition, everybody excluding city, barca and Madrid is) the rumour on the grape vine is that we're going to overcome this by 'breeding' homegrown players who only want to play for us, with Kane being the first of this 'type' of player. Nice idea, let's see how reality plays out when Madrid come calling for a player again with a massive fee and massive wages (losing Modric and Bale to them killed us over the last few years - which is why we're trying the 'new approach').

And that there is the reason for Spurs relative underachievement - we don't pay the high player salaries of the bigger clubs; city, Chelsea, Man U, arsenal and Liverpool, which is unlikely to change unless we get a big time new owner (which will probably happen soon - joe Lewis the existing owner is looking to sell), a new stadium (just started being built / finished in time for 2018 season) and regular champions league football, which could happen if Man United losing ferguson is anything to go by; Arsenal, the other club on the same side of town, may be in trouble once Wenger goes - 18 years straight of champions league football he's achieved - which might give an opportunity for Spurs. And the pecking order in the deeply capitalist premier league changes; just look at Liverpool..

But Arsenal are definitely the easier team to support and no one would blame you for band wagonning them - my experience with Spurs has definitely been frustrating but the thrill of the Bale and Modric years keeps me going and gives me hope that we can breed / recruit good talent in the future, and I like the direction of our club right now. But I'm a Spurs fan and I say that every year...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I live in London and have been supporting Spurs my entire life - it's not easy as people have alluded to; we've got a deserved reputation for being the nearly, but not quite there, team of the league, which sucks, personified by finishing 4th a few seasons ago only to see our champions league spot (for top 4 finishers) go to Chelsea who finished fifth that year but miraculously won the whole thing with a nobody as head coach. That's never happened before but typical that it's Spurs on the receiving end..

But, we are definitely a big club - one of only 6 teams in the prem never to be relegated - with a (hopefully - but never say that when it comes to the Spurs!) bright future; a new stadium is being built, we've got the best training facilities in England, and have a new coach (no surprise there) who looks to be a keeper and seems to have a knack for getting the most out of young players. See all of Southampton last year and Kane, mason and bentaleb this year.

And while it's true we're a 'selling' club (but, by definition, everybody excluding city, barca and Madrid is) the rumour on the grape vine is that we're going to overcome this by 'breeding' homegrown players who only want to play for us, with Kane being the first of this 'type' of player. Nice idea, let's see how reality plays out when Madrid come calling for a player again with a massive fee and massive wages (losing Modric and Bale to them killed us over the last few years - which is why we're trying the 'new approach').

And that there is the reason for Spurs relative underachievement - we don't pay the high player salaries of the bigger clubs; city, Chelsea, Man U, arsenal and Liverpool, which is unlikely to change unless we get a big time new owner (which will probably happen soon - joe Lewis the existing owner is looking to sell), a new stadium (just started being built / finished in time for 2018 season) and regular champions league football, which could happen if Man United losing ferguson is anything to go by; Arsenal, the other club on the same side of town, may be in trouble once Wenger goes - 18 years straight of champions league football he's achieved - which might give an opportunity for Spurs. And the pecking order in the deeply capitalist premier league changes; just look at Liverpool..

But Arsenal are definitely the easier team to support and no one would blame you for band wagonning them - my experience with Spurs has definitely been frustrating but the thrill of the Bale and Modric years keeps me going and gives me hope that we can breed / recruit good talent in the future, and I like the direction of our club right now. But I'm a Spurs fan and I say that every year...

Thanks for that information. I think many would be called to arsenal because of their ability and willingness to acquire top international players. So for a non Englishman arsenal(like the other top 2 or 3) are very marketable. I think for me honestly the draw to these two in particular is the location. These are the two closest teams to me that are in the top flight albeit they are rivals and you can only like one or the other. Tottenham being closest to my location. I also have seen a lot of these two in the past. My first exposure to the EPL was the 2003-2004 timeline when arsenal were doing very well. Then from there i started watching more just for the quality that you don't see anywhere else and the fact that the EPL is the most accessible foreign league in the states.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
In London for business this week, and went to my first EPL game live at White Hart Lane today... Spurs 1 - Crystal Palace 0.. got a shirt, scarf and some stuffed animals for the kiddies. I think the Spurs are going to be my team now (usually watch the EPL on weekend mornings but didn't have a favorite team, per say).

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In London for business this week, and went to my first EPL game live at White Hart Lane today... Spurs 1 - Crystal Palace 0.. got a shirt, scarf and some stuffed animals for the kiddies. I think the Spurs are going to be my team now (usually watch the EPL on weekend mornings but didn't have a favorite team, per say).

Spurs are a good team. Their fanbase is amazing.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I can't wait to be there. I think my first destination will be a match there.