Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Suns 100 - Hornets 92

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I really can't stand NBA officiating. How can they give the Hornets player continuation, but call Ayton's alley-oop attempt a non shooting foul. It's really hard for me to believe that NBA officiating is impartial and unbiased.
Especially considering the contact happened when Ayton had the ball in his hand...

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I really can't stand NBA officiating. How can they give the Hornets player continuation, but call Ayton's alley-oop attempt a non shooting foul. It's really hard for me to believe that NBA officiating is impartial and unbiased.

If it's not impartial, its incompetent. That's worse

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Terrific point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

FINAL: #Suns 100, Hornets 92
Phoenix finishes 3-2 on this five-game
homestead and survives a night when
Booker goes 3-of-12 from the floor.
Up next: Tuesday at Atlanta
Oubre: 25 points, 15 rebounds
Ayton: 18 points, 9 rebounds

7:18 PM - 12 Jan 2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Another ugly win at home against a very bad team and needing a 4th quarter rally to do so.

Better than the alternative (more embarrassing losses), but this team is clearly going nowhere fast.

Booker got badly outplayed by Dwayne freaking Bacon.

Ayton played 1,000 better than Baynes (from the article this morning that was posted to this board, it appears Monty sat down with Ayton, calmed him down and had a good talk...I maintain James Jones is the problem and the one making the call there, interfering with Monty's development of him), and my guess is that Baynes will continue undeservedly getting the start over Ayton, even though it's not doing the team a darn bit of good.

Cam Johnson. -15 in 7 minutes. And not a single positive play or stat. He needs to go to the G League if not be cut outright. What an awful, awful draft pick. Starting to look like Kendall Marshall part deux.

And James Jones is looking like Lance Blanks part deux.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent point coming from a guy who can't go five seconds without saying 'Ayton sucks' when he clearly doesn't.

Okay so my expectations of Ayton or my ranting (which at times is deserved and not deserved) in theory don't impact you

We can all express our opinion, flawed or not, and hopefully just be happy with a diverse opinion base

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Another ugly win at home against a very bad team and needing a 4th quarter rally to do so.

Better than the alternative (more embarrassing losses), but this team is clearly going nowhere fast.

Ayton played 1,000 better than Baynes (from the article this morning that was posted to this board, it appears Monty sat down with Ayton, calmed him down and had a good talk...I maintain James Jones is the problem and the one making the call there, interfering with Monty's development of him), and my guess is that Baynes will continue undeservedly getting the start over Ayton, even though it's not doing the team a darn bit of good.

Cam Johnson. -15 in 7 minutes. And not a single positive play or stat. He needs to go to the G League if not be cut outright. What an awful, awful draft pick. Starting to look like Kendall Marshall part deux.

You don't cut a rookie half way through his first season, but he could use a stint in the g league to try and rebuild his confidence

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It only looks bad because of Clarke. Rest of the draft is poop

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We’re two pieces away from being legit and they don’t need to be huge pieces. It just hurts our last two first rd picks are considered “old” rookies and can’t contribute. Hopefully Jones can pull some wizardry.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It only looks bad because of Clarke. Rest of the draft is poop

There are at least 20 other players from later in this draft (Clarke, Washington, Herro, Langford, Okeke, Akexander-Walker, Doumbouya, Thybulle, Grant Williams, Bazley, Little, Kabengele, Poole, Porter, Okpala, Fernando, Edwards, Paschall, Schofield, Nowell and Bol, just for starters) I would rather have over Cam Johnson at this point. He has not only been useless, but has been an extreme negative influence on the play of those around him. The team is basically playing 4 on 5 every time he is on the floor.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We’re two pieces away from being legit and they don’t need to be huge pieces. It just hurts our last two first rd picks are considered “old” rookies and can’t contribute. Hopefully Jones can pull some wizardry.

Jones is the one who got us into this mess. I don't trust him not to make it even worse. He has Lance Blanks written all over him.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are at least 20 other players I would rather have over Cam Johnson at this point. He has not only been useless, but has been an extreme negative influence on the play of those around him. The team is basically playing 4 on 5 every time he is on the floor.

This has to be hyperbole

20 players after he was drafted?

I mean maybe you are right but this seems like minimum research will dispute this

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If it's not impartial, its incompetent. That's worse

I don't think it's worse. I'd rather them just be crappy at their job, than intentionally undermining competitive balance in the league. I can live with mistakes. I can't live with favoritism. Favoritism gives one team a better chance to win than the other. At that point, it ceases to be sport, and becomes something closer to wwe style theater.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well he is 15 in PER for rookies

I mean it's not good but not as bad as painted

Almost like saying Ayton sucks

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There are at least 20 other players from later in this draft (Clarke, Washington, Herro, Langford, Okeke, Akexander-Walker, Doumbouya, Thybulle, Grant Williams, Bazley, Little, Kabengele, Poole, Porter, Okpala, Fernando, Edwards, Paschall, Schofield, Nowell and Bol, just for starters) I would rather have over Cam Johnson at this point. He has not only been useless, but has been an extreme negative influence on the play of those around him. The team is basically playing 4 on 5 every time he is on the floor.

Cam is still a plus offensively but he’s probably the worst rotational player defensively. I don’t see it improving because his physical upside is capped. He needs to be an elite 3pt shooter to become an even-impact player which is fine for a 8-9th man. The problem I think is Jones saw himself as a player in Cam.