Hopkins Threatens to Retire Over NFL Vaccine Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
highly doubt you got it twice, you know they quit counting the seasonal flu altogether for the sake of pumping the fear. if you have antibodies then you have a death wish if you want to stack it with the jab. I am 51, i have taken zero steps for covid other than half arsing mask in stores. I may or may not have had covid, maybe the sniffles and thought nothing of it. What s hilarious are the ones preaching and screaming that i knew of were the ones that actually got it bad. Maybe it was the huddling together in doors all the time or driving alone in a car suffocating themselves wearing a mask which was the last thing you should do. At least half of the people i know who got jabbed wish they had not and some didnt take the 2nd shot because the 1st was so bad. Experimental gene manipulation.... no thanks

Anecdote + anecdote + anecdote does not equal data.

And FLU numbers are down as a result of people taking more precautions related to Covid.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I find it funny that those who are frustrated by individuals who choose not to get vaccinated ask the people "why?" and then don't listen and respect the reason they are given because they don't agree with it.

Just because I like to debate I will add that the vaccine is and has been readily available for some time now. People who wanted it or were concerned have had plenty of opportunity to get it. I believe the "think of others" and "you are putting others at risk" argument is kinda moot at this point.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Frustrating. he also tweeted his girlfriends brother in military has heart problems since having the vaccine but then deleted it.

He also tweeted he's going to play another 9 years so I don't think he was serious about retiring.

AFter last season with several guys including Fitz getting it just amazes me we apparently have a low vaccine % now.

Hop is a fool if he is taking the word of a ditzy blonde and her family seriously in an capacity.

Their money and life is not yours, be smart young man

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jab does not keep you from getting it or spreading it. If i had or even if I dont have millions in the bank, im not risking it for a political stunt that Covid has been. There is zero reasons why the healthy and the young should take it. So what if a game is cancelled. Please tell me 1 professional athlete that has died from covid? There have been more adverse affects happening from the jab than covid

His Body His Choice... hypocrisy of the left is amazing

like a true sheep, it does not protect you or others from the virus. if that was the case CP3 would have played games 1 & 2 of the WCF

highly doubt you got it twice, you know they quit counting the seasonal flu altogether for the sake of pumping the fear. if you have antibodies then you have a death wish if you want to stack it with the jab. I am 51, i have taken zero steps for covid other than half arsing mask in stores. I may or may not have had covid, maybe the sniffles and thought nothing of it. What s hilarious are the ones preaching and screaming that i knew of were the ones that actually got it bad. Maybe it was the huddling together in doors all the time or driving alone in a car suffocating themselves wearing a mask which was the last thing you should do. At least half of the people i know who got jabbed wish they had not and some didnt take the 2nd shot because the 1st was so bad. Experimental gene manipulation.... no thanks
Man, you guys just cant help yourselfs with making everything political and riding your high horses. You think you sound a lot different than the hardcore covid people but these hardcore anti covid takes are just as silly.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hop is a fool if he is taking the word of a ditzy blonde and her family seriously in an capacity.

Their money and life is not yours, be smart young man
lol. so, his girlfriend must be a ditzy blonde? you guys are terrible people

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jab does not keep you from getting it or spreading it. If i had or even if I dont have millions in the bank, im not risking it for a political stunt that Covid has been. There is zero reasons why the healthy and the young should take it. So what if a game is cancelled. Please tell me 1 professional athlete that has died from covid? There have been more adverse affects happening from the jab than covid
So much ignorance and misinformation in one post. Well done

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His Body His Choice... hypocrisy of the left is amazing
No the only hypocrisy is from people like you who don’t understand the difference between a communicable disease and abortion that affects no one else

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I find it funny that those who are frustrated by individuals who choose not to get vaccinated ask the people "why?" and then don't listen and respect the reason they are given because they don't agree with it.

Just because I like to debate I will add that the vaccine is and has been readily available for some time now. People who wanted it or were concerned have had plenty of opportunity to get it. I believe the "think of others" and "you are putting others at risk" argument is kinda moot at this point.
Well, hope the 'for' arguments are not 'moot' at this point as the US hasn't reached herd immunity and could face another resurgence. The good news is that Blue states representing 70% of the US economy are taking the issue more seriously.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree with the 2nd paragraph the easy appeals are already long ignored.

The first one though I don't agree. I don't think it's not listening it's not buying the response they give. The most common ones are it's not fully FDA approved yet so I won't take it, I'll stick to HCQ and Ivermectin that ARE fully FDA approved, just not for Covid and in the case of Ivermectin it's to treat worms in animals. Clearly it's NOT the FDA approval thing if they're willing to take those other things.
Or they say it's not tested enough yet, it's the biggest trial in the history of the world. Currently there are THREE confirmed deaths from vaccines in the us and just over 5200 suspected. Even if you assume all of them were vaccine caused that's .0017%. 5208 deaths compared to 297K deaths prevented through end of June according to a Harvard medical study. MILLIONS of Americans have gotten the vaccine. Yes it's not tested over say 5 years but that's because the 19 in Covid is for 2019, if we have to wait 5 years for people to start taking the vaccine millions of Americans would have been dead.

So I don't think we are not listening to them, we just don't buy the most common excuses given because they're disingenuous. D Hop didn't really give an excuse so I don't have that same issue with him.

I think he's wrong, I hope he gets vaccinated for himself and for the team.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, hope the 'for' arguments are not 'moot' at this point as the US hasn't reached herd immunity and could face another resurgence. The good news is that Blue states representing 70% of the US economy are taking the issue more seriously.
Ehhh herd immunity as far as I’m concerned is irrelevant. If the virus is constantly changing and new variants popping up? Ones that are more contagious and more deadly? What is herd immunity at that point? Is it truly ever accomplished? We’re already seeing cases of people getting Covid 2 and 3 times which shows that true immunity isn’t really a thing. It isn’t lasting even after having the virus and with being vaccinated. So tell me if you can still contract it multiple times even after vaccine and having the virus. Even people vaccinated have died and been hospitalized(I understand at much smaller %) but is there really ever herd immunity?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhh herd immunity as far as I’m concerned is irrelevant. If the virus is constantly changing and new variants popping up? Ones that are more contagious and more deadly? What is herd immunity at that point? Is it truly ever accomplished? We’re already seeing cases of people getting Covid 2 and 3 times which shows that true immunity isn’t really a thing. It isn’t lasting even after having the virus and with being vaccinated. So tell me if you can still contract it multiple times even after vaccine and having the virus. Even people vaccinated have died and been hospitalized(I understand at much smaller %) but is there really ever herd immunity?
It does matter. The more variants running out there unchecked the higher the likelihood of infection. The goal isn't just immunity. It's reducing symptoms which prevents death. The number of breakthrough cases is small. Most cases right now are from the unvaccinated and it's not even close.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does matter. The more variants running out there unchecked the higher the likelihood of infection. The goal isn't just immunity. It's reducing symptoms which prevents death. The number of breakthrough cases is small. Most cases right now are from the unvaccinated and it's not even close.
That’s Great but the term itself seems blatantly irrelevant

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s Great but the term itself seems blatantly irrelevant
How so? The term describes protection in some form for most of the population that reducing the likelihood of infection for individuals who lack immunity. That sounds pretty relevant.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How so? The term describes protection in some form for most of the population that reducing the likelihood of infection for individuals who lack immunity. That sounds pretty relevant.
If you can repeatedly catch something are you immune? Seems pretty obvious.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can repeatedly catch something are you immune? Seems pretty obvious.
Anecdotal since breakthrough cases are rare. The vast majority spreading it around and ending up in the hospital are unvaccinated not vaccinated. Immunity with many diseases isn't permanent. We have had booster vaccines for decades for all kinds of disease.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anecdotal since breakthrough cases are rare. Most vaccines have boosters because viruses mutate.
And again you can still catch it even with boosters. Does it make you more safe? Sure not arguing that but you aren’t immune. And achieving some sort of magic “heard immunity” just sounds like word play at this point.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe if you guys wore the immunity necklace from the show survivor things would be different.
I heard those contestants where the same underwear for up to 39 days straight. I don't know where that necklace has been.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And again you can still catch it even with boosters. Does it make you more safe? Sure not arguing that but you aren’t immune. And achieving some sort of magic “heard immunity” just sounds like word play at this point.
Vaccines are not meant to be full proof. They are meant to reduce the likelihood for the majority of the population. So to answer your question yes it makes us more safe. How do we know? History of managing viruses in this country.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vaccines are not meant to be full proof. They are meant to reduce the likelihood for the majority of the population. So to answer your question yes it makes us more safe. How do we know? History of managing viruses in this country.
I already know we are “more safe” but we aren’t immune thus a stupid term :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard those contestants where the same underwear for up to 39 days straight. I don't know where that necklace has been.
I can't imagine why. There is nothing survival about that show at all.

Now on the show "alone", absolutely. What a great show.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already know we are “more safe” but we aren’t immune thus a stupid term :)
Most are immune for a period of time then you need a booster. I could jump onboard with you if people said "permanently immune" but I don't hear anybody saying that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine why. There is nothing survival about that show at all.

Now on the show "alone", absolutely. What a great show.
I don't know. When they are handing out anti-biotics for UTI's raging out of control some might disagree. :D

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is where I'm at. In Portland we have over 80% fully vaccinated and our daily infections at staying low at about 28 a day withan average of 2 deaths a week. There are parts of Oregon where there is vaccine hesitancy is high and the numbers are going was up now that that the state is open. Some of those areas are at about 50%. At this point I don't want to see the state **** back down over those areas when out most populated city is open, thriving and not see numbers spike. If those other areas want to fget vaccinated, they can walk into any Walgreens and get their shot in under 20 minutes. That's on them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.