Hopkins Threatens to Retire Over NFL Vaccine Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a repeat but relevant.

By Jeremy Cluff Arizona Republic:

During a video conference call with Arizona reporters last month, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury was asked if he knew how many Arizona players and coaches had been vaccinated for the virus. He said he didn’t know the numbers, but offered this response:

“They have been overly-educated, if that is possible, on the vaccine. (Head athletic trainer) Tom Reed and our medical staff has done a tremendous job of making sure these guys feel confident and comfortable if they were to receive the vaccine.”

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Its a personal decision, drives me nuts people will come at him for this…

And as with all "personal" decisions that affect others there are consequences.

Companies have a right to set health and safety standards that affect employees and customers.

Saw a sign in front of a restaurant that read:

No shirt, no shoes... no jab = no service!

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you are "young and healthy enough" to survive Covid without the vaccine, you are healthy enough to get the vaccine and survive any side effects while also protecting yourself and everyone else. This is all childish.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frustrating. he also tweeted his girlfriends brother in military has heart problems since having the vaccine but then deleted it.

He also tweeted he's going to play another 9 years so I don't think he was serious about retiring.

AFter last season with several guys including Fitz getting it just amazes me we apparently have a low vaccine % now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Its a personal decision, drives me nuts people will come at him for this…
And it drives me nuts that others can call it a "personal decision," when the whole point of a vaccine is to get everyone inoculated to protect those who can't. Not to turn this P&R, really.

But just with like, the flu - I've worked in so many offices with people who come in with coughs, fevers, runny noses, whatever, and have insisted "I just CAN'T get sick right now." They didn't get a flu shot, they didn't decide to stay home, and their "personal decision" runs roughshod on the office as all teams operate at 75% for the better part of winter and revenue drops.

It's even more frustrating when this kind of stuff happens based on pseudoscience "research" done mostly on YouTube.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Probably a repeat but relevant.

By Jeremy Cluff Arizona Republic:

During a video conference call with Arizona reporters last month, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury was asked if he knew how many Arizona players and coaches had been vaccinated for the virus. He said he didn’t know the numbers, but offered this response:

“They have been overly-educated, if that is possible, on the vaccine. (Head athletic trainer) Tom Reed and our medical staff has done a tremendous job of making sure these guys feel confident and comfortable if they were to receive the vaccine.”

Obviously Tom did a crap job with us being one of the worst vaccinated teams in the nfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.