Hopkins Threatens to Retire Over NFL Vaccine Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frustrating. he also tweeted his girlfriends brother in military has heart problems since having the vaccine but then deleted it.

He also tweeted he's going to play another 9 years so I don't think he was serious about retiring.

AFter last season with several guys including Fitz getting it just amazes me we apparently have a low vaccine % now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Its a personal decision, drives me nuts people will come at him for this…
And it drives me nuts that others can call it a "personal decision," when the whole point of a vaccine is to get everyone inoculated to protect those who can't. Not to turn this P&R, really.

But just with like, the flu - I've worked in so many offices with people who come in with coughs, fevers, runny noses, whatever, and have insisted "I just CAN'T get sick right now." They didn't get a flu shot, they didn't decide to stay home, and their "personal decision" runs roughshod on the office as all teams operate at 75% for the better part of winter and revenue drops.

It's even more frustrating when this kind of stuff happens based on pseudoscience "research" done mostly on YouTube.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Probably a repeat but relevant.

By Jeremy Cluff Arizona Republic:

During a video conference call with Arizona reporters last month, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury was asked if he knew how many Arizona players and coaches had been vaccinated for the virus. He said he didn’t know the numbers, but offered this response:

“They have been overly-educated, if that is possible, on the vaccine. (Head athletic trainer) Tom Reed and our medical staff has done a tremendous job of making sure these guys feel confident and comfortable if they were to receive the vaccine.”

Obviously Tom did a crap job with us being one of the worst vaccinated teams in the nfl.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Smoking is a personal decision too. If you want to smoke and kill yourself, fine, just don't do it around me. If you want to get Covid, fine, don't come around me.
Yup. Time to flip the script. All the people that cared about caring for people and stayed home all pandemic while those selfish people that partied and spread Covid ran around should be flipped. Now the vaccinated should be allowed to run around and the antivaxxers should be forced to stay home.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one has or should be forced to stay home. Staying home was a personal decision for everyone in this country who did.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No one has or should be forced to stay home. Staying home was a personal decision for everyone in this country who did.
I could agree with you if those who were in danger were provided reasonable support to stay home. Too many people live in multi-generational households that had people who were forced to continue to work and bring it home to their family members. Too many had no help to bring home groceries and were forced into the public.

Hell, even people who had auto-immune disorders or other comorbidities that put them at risk were not afforded the opportunity to have any kind of government compensation to stop working if their business was "essential." One can't stay home by choice when they can't eat or pay the bills.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I could agree with you if those who were in danger were provided reasonable support to stay home. Too many people live in multi-generational households that had people who were forced to continue to work and bring it home to their family members. Too many had no help to bring home groceries and were forced into the public.

Hell, even people who had auto-immune disorders or other comorbidities that put them at risk were not afforded the opportunity to have any kind of government compensation to stop working if their business was "essential." One can't stay home by choice when they can't eat or pay the bills.
Agreed... I have several risk factors but nobody offered me a weekly check to stay home the past 18 months.
As a result I caught Covid twice... got long haul Covid and developed a heart condition due to that. It’s highly likely Covid killed me but I have to wait for the end result.
I debate now rather there is any point to bother getting vaccinated

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What's that have to do with people being forced to stay home?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What's that have to do with people being forced to stay home?
That the half measures or "stay at home if you need to" narratives are untenable for most of society. I don't see the "don't tell me what to do" crowd offering to pay up a little extra to get the at-risk groceries or rent money.

I don't know your age or situation, but this mentality seems to mostly come from people who have the money to make that choice for themselves. Others have to risk their health so people can go out, or be homeless.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That the half measures or "stay at home if you need to" narratives are untenable for most of society. I don't see the "don't tell me what to do" crowd offering to pay up a little extra to get the at-risk groceries or rent money.

I don't know your age or situation, but this mentality seems to mostly come from people who have the money to make that choice for themselves. Others have to risk their health so people can go out, or be homeless.
None of this has to do with people being "forced" to stay home. You're continuing to talk about people not being able to stay home. Not sure why I'm quoted for that.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear what you've been through, but here's some potentially good news:

Why Vaccines May Be Helping Some With Long COVID

As more people get vaccinated, a surprise discovery has been that the vaccines seem to provide relief for some patients with what’s being called “long COVID” (when symptoms linger for weeks or even months). Persistent and unpredictable, the symptoms of long COVID can include chronic cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, memory and sleep problems, and in the most severe cases, even organ damage.
...dave

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
The biggest threat to the team is him getting it and infecting his teammates, which is now an automatic forfeit. There are no rescheduled games due to covid outbreaks this year.
The Jab does not keep you from getting it or spreading it. If i had or even if I dont have millions in the bank, im not risking it for a political stunt that Covid has been. There is zero reasons why the healthy and the young should take it. So what if a game is cancelled. Please tell me 1 professional athlete that has died from covid? There have been more adverse affects happening from the jab than covid

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
This guy is big stupid. Way to hurt the team and community, Hop. I won't be watching what is sure to be a s-show of a season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

His Body His Choice... hypocrisy of the left is amazing

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
If you are "young and healthy enough" to survive Covid without the vaccine, you are healthy enough to get the vaccine and survive any side effects while also protecting yourself and everyone else. This is all childish.
like a true sheep, it does not protect you or others from the virus. if that was the case CP3 would have played games 1 & 2 of the WCF

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Agreed... I have several risk factors but nobody offered me a weekly check to stay home the past 18 months.
As a result I caught Covid twice... got long haul Covid and developed a heart condition due to that. It’s highly likely Covid killed me but I have to wait for the end result.
highly doubt you got it twice, you know they quit counting the seasonal flu altogether for the sake of pumping the fear. if you have antibodies then you have a death wish if you want to stack it with the jab. I am 51, i have taken zero steps for covid other than half arsing mask in stores. I may or may not have had covid, maybe the sniffles and thought nothing of it. What s hilarious are the ones preaching and screaming that i knew of were the ones that actually got it bad. Maybe it was the huddling together in doors all the time or driving alone in a car suffocating themselves wearing a mask which was the last thing you should do. At least half of the people i know who got jabbed wish they had not and some didnt take the 2nd shot because the 1st was so bad. Experimental gene manipulation.... no thanks

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Jab does not keep you from getting it or spreading it. If i had or even if I dont have millions in the bank, im not risking it for a political stunt that Covid has been. There is zero reasons why the healthy and the young should take it. So what if a game is cancelled. Please tell me 1 professional athlete that has died from covid? There have been more adverse affects happening from the jab than covid
:oops:

Uh, yeah. Okay.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's agree that DEATH is an adverse effect from Covid.

615,000 Americans have died from the virus so far, and this is considered a low estimate.

FACT: 99% of those hospitalized, intubated, and dying are unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave