Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I can buy slander & criticism from others, but it’s hard to take a guy that clowned Colin Kaepernick & what he stood for from a guy like Jason Whitlock seriously. Clown constantly puts down his own people.
Everything about that show was repellent. Yikes.

The green suit was stupid. People were like "Kyler still wearing his uni after the game. He's so upset." C'mon. Guy didn't want to stand in front of the media in a $4,000 Balenciaga zoot suit after taking another L at home.

You can dress like a clown. You can play like a clown. But you can't dress and play like a clown.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything about that show was repellent. Yikes.

The green suit was stupid. People were like "Kyler still wearing his uni after the game. He's so upset." C'mon. Guy didn't want to stand in front of the media in a $4,000 Balenciaga zoot suit after taking another L at home.

You can dress like a clown. You can play like a clown. But you can't dress and play like a clown.
My first thought was the only thing he brought to wear was his flashy pantsuit. LOL

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

More criticism of his outfit - except from the female reporter who said she would wear what he was wearing. LOL

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think PEDerson is a douche, but we now have multiple guys who have played with Kyler throw his ass under the bus.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Kyler just isn't very likeable it seems. Immaturity will only go so far and so will the "he's only __ years old" excuses (and I think that ship has sailed).

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's an interesting analogy when people like Steve Young talk about Kyler going "back to school." Easy for him to say playing under Bill Walsh and the 80's/90's 49ers dynasty.

Kyler's "school" contains a teacher that has failed at every coaching stop and is more interested in ASU IG influencers than being an actual professional, a principal who is a drunk moron, and a superintendent that is a clueless trust funder who comes from a family that has lost for decades. All that being said Kyler needs to be better and when you ink a $200M contract you can't blame other people but not acknowledging the systemic issues is really unfair in my opinion. The national media is really mostly missing the bigger picture in that regard.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's an interesting analogy when people like Steve Young talk about Kyler going "back to school." Easy for him to say playing under Bill Walsh and the 80's/90's 49ers dynasty.

Kyler's "school" contains a teacher that has failed at every coaching stop and is more interested in ASU IG influencers than being an actual professional, a principal who is a drunk moron, and a superintendent that is a clueless trust funder who comes from a family that has lost for decades. All that being said Kyler needs to be better and when you ink a $200M contract you can't blame other people but not acknowledging the systemic issues is really unfair in my opinion. The national media is really mostly missing the bigger picture in that regard.
I think Steve Young is talking about the "home school" aspect of playing QB. As a 4 year vet, you shouldn't look lost in regards to what NFL defenses are doing if you are putting the time in that top players do.

EDIT: And some of this should come from coaching but a players career development is more dependent on what the player does of his own accord than what a team provides. That is the self reflection piece Kyler is missing. Even if he isn't getting exactly what he needs from the Cardinals, he has multiple avenues to get it elsewhere that isn't his dad.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Steve Young is talking about the "home school" aspect of playing QB. As a 4 year vet, you shouldn't look lost in regards to what NFL defenses are doing if you are putting the time in that top players do.

Exactly. 90% of QB "schooling" is done in their own time under their own steam anyway

The team aren't coaching Kyler on film and technique in year 4. They would have done as a rookie but not now. During the week they are installing the offense for Sunday. At best the team might get some weeks in camp to work on any specific issues they see.

But the film study, playbooks study, defensive tendencies etc is all done away from the facilities and any coaching on technique and film study Kyler should be doing in the offseason.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

None of those people are coaching Kyler on film or mechanics.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Exactly. 90% of QB "schooling" is done in their own time under their own steam anyway

The team aren't coaching Kyler on film and technique in year 4. They would have done as a rookie but not now. During the week they are installing the offense for Sunday. At best the team might get some weeks in camp to work on any specific issues they see.

But the film study, playbooks study, defensive tendencies etc is all done away from the facilities and any coaching on technique and film study Kyler should be doing in the offseason.
Disagree on some of this.

Mechanics are something that are consistently coached regardless of the level. But it is more about immediate feedback after the rep. The tough part is that mechanics generally break down in high stress situations that are tough to rep with NFL practice rules and the toll a long season takes on players. There is film work done in positional rooms. Most of the week leans to matchup, game plan and install. Kyler does know the playbook.

That said, I don't believe anyone is telling Kyler "no, we won't go over additional film with you". "No, we won't get you some extra reps".

More than anything, I think Kyler treats playing NFL QB like a 9-5. He attends when he is asked to attend, he follows the schedule, and takes what he is being given. Even when he does extra, I believe he likely either does it alone or in an echo chamber he has created around himself. What I don't believe he does is work to gather other honestly critical opinions, self evaluate his own play without blaming others, and ask for/find additional help outside of his dad.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More than anything, I think Kyler treats playing NFL QB like a 9-5. He attends when he is asked to attend, he follows the schedule, and takes what he is being given. Even when he does extra, I believe he likely either does it alone or in an echo chamber he has created around himself. What I don't believe he does is work to gather other honestly critical opinions, self evaluate his own play without blaming others, and ask for/find additional help outside of his dad.

100% this.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is most likely the truth of the matter.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was nice hearing on NFL Radio today when this PP topic and the Cardinals came up, that Charlie Weis felt the need to say that a spread offense is widely used in college but simply isn’t sustainable in the NFL bc of the players speed and size… your QB can make a few special plays to make it look good at times, but it’s simply not sustainable and that’s why nobody runs it.

Things myself and the casual fan have been preaching that you can see w the naked eye.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It was nice hearing on NFL Radio today when this PP topic and the Cardinals came up, that Charlie Weis felt the need to say that a spread offense is widely used in college but simply isn’t sustainable in the NFL bc of the players speed and size… your QB can make a few special plays to make it look good at times, but it’s simply not sustainable and that’s why nobody runs it.

Things myself and the casual fan have been preaching that you can see w the naked eye.
LOL this is so stupid good teams in the NFL run spread all the time including the Chiefs and Bills. Charlie Weis is as garbage a Belicheck disciple as there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA