Heroes and Goats: WAS @ ARI

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think due to the limited amount snaps in preseason and practice leading up to the contest... our starting DL right now is simply out of shape and had to take breaks, especially with the offense failing to sustain a drive all day

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's a less fun fact: he doesn't actually coach the linebackers.
I can’t believe you’re trying to support the filth from yesterday. I understand wanting to take a wait and see approach after one game, but continually arguing in favor of the dreck trotted out yesterday seems odd.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Too lazy to look back, but has the topic of penalties been mentioned yet? Holy crap this team was SO incredibly undisciplined!

And who the heck is Zach Moore (#56) and should he be on the field, let alone a starter????? :eek:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t believe you’re trying to support the filth from yesterday. I understand wanting to take a wait and see approach after one game, but continually arguing in favor of the dreck trotted out yesterday seems odd.

It's simply a fact that the HC doesn't coach the linebackers; nothing more, nothing less.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I still can't believe on the goal line stance, that Buc decided to run into the lineman rather then block the hole where the RB came through. He had position, but just dove into the lineman. Made no sense. He seemed lost or just blind and didn't see where the RB was? It was a weird sequence.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's simply a fact that the HC doesn't coach the linebackers; nothing more, nothing less.
He’s not the head coach, he’s a defensive coordinator with a background as a linebackers coach. And if you don’t think coordinators don’t do some level of coaching their players, particularly those in their area of expertise, I don’t know what to tell ya, you’re out to lunch.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too lazy to look back, but has the topic of penalties been mentioned yet? Holy crap this team was SO incredibly undisciplined!

And who the heck is Zach Moore (#56) and should he be on the field, let alone a starter????? :eek:
I felt the same way, only to discover that the two teams had the same number of penalties (9).

I did feel our flags came at less appropriate times.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s not the head coach, he’s a defensive coordinator with a background as a linebackers coach. And if you don’t think coordinators don’t do some level of coaching their players, particularly those in their area of expertise, I don’t know what to tell ya, you’re out to lunch.

Oh! Didn't know that Wilks wasn't the HC or that Holcomb wasn't the D - coordinator and that two time SB champ, Larry Foote, wasn't the LB coach.

Time for lunch.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe that Moore was one of the guys they picked up off of waivers after the final cuts were made. I think he is #56 and I remember a play were he got pancaked too the ground and ended up taking out 3 of our DL.

It was the best block by a Cardinal all game.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'd like to give Ricky Seals Jones an honorable mention for Goat. He dropped a catchable touchdown pass that extinguished our last hope.

Was it the greatest throw in the history of professional sports? No. It was low, and away.

Still catchable though. You f***ed up on that one Ricky.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to give Ricky Seals Jones an honorable mention for Goat. He dropped a catchable touchdown pass that extinguished our last hope.

Was it the greatest throw in the history of professional sports? No. It was low, and away.

Still catchable though. You f***ed up on that one Ricky.

Yes. But our newest multimillionaire RB also blew an easy score.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I still can't believe on the goal line stance, that Buc decided to run into the lineman rather then block the hole where the RB came through. He had position, but just dove into the lineman. Made no sense. He seemed lost or just blind and didn't see where the RB was? It was a weird sequence.
Playing out of control

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
David Johnson had one exceptional series and then bascially was a non-factor until garbage time. It's probematic but not concerning he had a ball hit him in the hands and then bounce harmlessly to the ground.

Somebody may have already brought this up, but I think Johnson is playing with some kind of wrist brace or special pad. I remember him bringing this up in the offseason. It sounds like he's still wearing it?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones had an amazing game for what he is as a player. He made an impact despite going up against one of the better OT's in football and a game script where Washington was hardly ever FORCED to pass the ball.

not to mention there were at least 3 uncalled holds by Williams when the game was still somewhat close. When they finally called one it was 21-0.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
not to mention there were at least 3 uncalled holds by Williams when the game was still somewhat close. When they finally called one it was 21-0.

It’s about merchandising... they call back breaker penalties on us and later make the numbers more balanced when the game has been decided. We have seen this since the birds flew to the valley. I thought I was the only one to notice this...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Chandler Jones is good. Corey Peters is good. Robert Nkemdiche was good yesterday. Your statement about the line being the problem is wrong. The line is ok to good, but someone has to flow to the ball to clean up plays, and zero LBs did that yesterday.

You corrected me on this yesterday and you were right sir... still would like a space eater in the interior even though it's not a 3-4 to slow the reaction time for the LBs

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Delusion is wide spread.
The Cards were dominated
The one and only good was Lee

Everyone else stunk up the place

Offense made NO points none in 3 quarters..not even a FG try

Defense gave up an average of 5 yards per play

And some people see a silver lining..HA

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The goat is whoever thought it was a good idea to convert Deone to LB in the first place. Thought for sure this experiment would’ve died in a year. It’s his 5th season.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The goat is whoever thought it was a good idea to convert Deone to LB in the first place. Thought for sure this experiment would’ve died in a year. It’s his 5th season.

He can’t cover for *****. If he wasn’t a backer, he’s be washed out of the NFL.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re Bucannon... I honestly couldn't tell if he is become "that" bad, or, did the coaches simply put him in situations where he had no chance to succeed? I mean, he was dreadful in coverage and why the coaches consistently left him in there to cover RB's is totally lost on me. Of course, Bucannon did little if anything against the run as well, so... Ugh...
With all the talk lately about the idiocy of playing Bucannon at LB, and the obvious evidence that he is indeed unable to play the run or cover a pass... i'm wondering WTF happened since 2015-2016, when even the "fat idiot" Bettcher managed to coach the Cards' D to #5 and #2 in yards with Bucannon at "$B", and many articles like this one touted the "moneybacker" and held up Bucannon as the exemplar of a trend that was beginning to be copied, and would soon dominate the league.

Did Bucannon just get much slower? Is he unable to figure out how to get to the ball carrier in the new D? Are Wilks and Holcomb unable to figure out how to use him properly in their D? All of the above?

Seriously... WTF!

...dave