Herm will be Back in 2022

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one has actually said anything demeaning about the elderly. So far one person (me) expressed an opinion that college aged kids may be more attracted to a younger coach and another poster made a comment about getting someone with energy that you interpreted as a comment that herm doesn’t have energy.

I think you are reconstructing the posts. Yours was clearly over the line. The most recent one by our U of A friend was unintentional I am sure. But it served to perpetuate a negative stereotype about older people, that they lack energy, to argue in favor of a younger coach. That's comparable to saying about a woman coach that we need to bring in a someone who is less emotional and hire a man. There are negative stereotypes for women, black people, asians, hispanics, gay people, and yes older people. And this kind of commentary perpetuates it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm displeased by the comments from Ray, Herm and Crow too but this statement from Chris Karpman is meaningless IMO.
Meaningless in what sense? There might not be a more tuned in person to ASU athletics than Karpman. He's the one who reported on the multiple (incredibly stupid) violations and infractions that Herm has been involved with personally. ASU fans are displeased to a level that I can't ever remember.

Did you read the article? https://247sports.com/college/arizo...estigation-Antonio-Pierce-Zak-Hill-183338521/

I see leadership failure from Crow on down - it's time to clean house.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meaningless in what sense? There might not be a more tuned in person to ASU athletics than Karpman. He's the one who reported on the multiple (incredibly stupid) violations and infractions that Herm has been involved with personally. ASU fans are displeased to a level that I can't ever remember.

Did you read the article? https://247sports.com/college/arizo...estigation-Antonio-Pierce-Zak-Hill-183338521/

If the problem starts higher up this would help explain why Herm Edwards is still here.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If the problem starts higher up this would help explain why Herm Edwards is still here.
My guess is that Herm is here only to prevent a further exodus during the investigation. The overwhelming opinion of those in the know is that Herm has no future here. (Rightfully so)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, I didn't, I rarely follow any links. My comment was because it appeared that there would be no source, no attribution for his statement. Did the article go beyond that?

Regardless, like I said, the comments from Crow, Anderson and Edwards were concerning and make it obvious that there is a failure from the top down.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that Herm is here only to prevent a further exodus during the investigation. The overwhelming opinion of those in the know is that Herm has no future here. (Rightfully so)

They could be waiting for the NCAA investigation to be completed before they fire Herm so they have cause. However, it sounds like ASU has enough evidence now.

I believe @Absolute Zero mentioned this in one of his posts.

No doubt they are trying to put a plug in the hole.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was listening to the Cover 3 podcast today and one of the guys mentioned he spoke to several coaches last summer and a few thought very little of Daniels and even less of his moms involvement in the program.

Danny Kanell, who is on the podcast, mentioned that in this day and age of players being ok with lack of loyalty and getting theirs and getting to the league, he thought it was significant that video making the rounds clearing out the locker.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU is already the most subsidized program in the PAC 12. If a lot of boosters are pulling out, or cutting back, (and would they invest in this mess?), maybe the Board of Regents will be forced to act. They are supposed to make sure the University is run properly. They are responsible for the employment of Crow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think you are reconstructing the posts. Yours was clearly over the line. The most recent one by our U of A friend was unintentional I am sure. But it served to perpetuate a negative stereotype about older people, that they lack energy, to argue in favor of a younger coach. That's comparable to saying about a woman coach that we need to bring in a someone who is less emotional and hire a man. There are negative stereotypes for women, black people, asians, hispanics, gay people, and yes older people. And this kind of commentary perpetuates it.
Nope. No reconstruction. Just look at my description of his post - spot on. Look, your applying legal standards to a sports board is over the top.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. No reconstruction. Just look at my description of his post - spot on. Look, your applying legal standards to a sports board is over the top.
No one is applying legal standards except by analogy. How about standards of human decency. How about standards against disparaging people because of their age. Your ongoing stance against these standards is amazing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No one is applying legal standards except by analogy. How about standards of human decency. How about standards against disparaging people because of their age. Your ongoing stance against these standards is amazing.
Go look at the most recent posts I made. I never even inferred any shortcomings on elderly other than the likelihood that they wouldn’t be with a program for the long term which isn’t a slam on their capabilities in the least bit. But keep up your misplaced HR flex.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sounds like a money/timing issue. Maybe Crow is waiting for Herm/Anderson to retire so he doesn’t have to pay them out? ASU doesn’t have big time boosters or NIL opportunities that others do…

Given all that’s transpired there’s more to fire him with cause than Arizona had with Miller. And like Miller it was equally unacceptable whether he was in on it or didn’t know what his assistants were doing. The difference is Miller and Heeke didn’t get along while Herm and Ray Anderson are best buds. The president has to step in if he cares at all about the fans and public perception.

DesertDevil

Reaction score
Daniels transferring to LSU.
Go Tigers. I think the kid still has talent, just had nobody to throw it to as the years went on at ASU which is why he relied on his legs so much. Now, he'll have plenty of quality wide outs to throw to.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Tigers. I think the kid still has talent, just had nobody to throw it to as the years went on at ASU which is why he relied on his legs so much. Now, he'll have plenty of quality wide outs to throw to.
He is going to find the defenses of the SEC are much faster, across the board, than what he faced in the PAC 12. With that part of his game more neutralizes his accuracy as a passer is going to be tested. I don't see him ever being accurate enough to succeed at a high level there.

But, we will see.

DesertDevil

Reaction score
He is going to find the defenses of the SEC are much faster, across the board, than what he faced in the PAC 12. With that part of his game more neutralizes his accuracy as a passer is going to be tested. I don't see him ever being accurate enough to succeed at a high level there.

But, we will see.
True. We'll see if he can adjust. I think he put himself in the best position he could to have the opportunity to show he can play in the NFL with the SEC talent he'll go up against. He's betting on himself so hopefully it pays off for him.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Daniels does start I'd be very surprised, but it's going to be short lived. He couldn't put points up against pac12 defenses, so he's going to struggle mightily in the SEC.
I know some LSU fans and they doubt he starts which makes transferring and then choosing LSU even more idiotic. Bad decisions on the field, bad decisions off

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know some LSU fans and they doubt he starts which makes transferring and then choosing LSU even more idiotic. Bad decisions on the field, bad decisions off

Its supposed to be a pretty competitive situation there, including a 6th year senior
Will be interesting to see how how Daniels does.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose