help!

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
okay - this is the first time i have posted in this room - hello all who aren't suns fans...

Anyways, just wanted to ask a computer related question seeing as i don't know too much about them:

I have contracted a virus and would like to open my norton anti virus to get rid of it. Problem is, the virus is not letting my computer open this software (nor any other software for that matter - actually, that's why i wanted to use the av as microsoft word, the application i really needed to open, would not function) - it says that i must check the spelling and try again (cheeky bastard). Is there any simple solution to opening this software/getting rid of the virus or will i need to seek out an expert?

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
There are several viruses that disable the anti-virus program when they are launched.

There are removal tools on Symantec's website for these. You will probably need an uninfected computer to download them.

If your installation disk is new enough you may be able to boot to it and run the scan for the CD before Windows loads.

With out knowing which virus it is, it will be difficult to be very specific about how to remove it.

OP
OP
3rdside

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i totally forgot this was here - thanks for replying anyway sirchaz. JFYI my comp seems completely stuffed - i'm going to have to call in an expert. blah.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by ...tTs*...
i totally forgot this was here - thanks for replying anyway sirchaz. JFYI my comp seems completely stuffed - i'm going to have to call in an expert. blah.

i can't stand it, is your handle pronounced "tits" or what? Are you gay?

OP
OP
3rdside

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
heh heh - i guess i'd be pissed if i didn't see your point. It's actually a throwback to the azsports central days when i was known as 'the third side' - T T S being the acronym. To answer your question - i am definitely not gay. Not that i have a problem with that or anything :p. Why do you ask other than to be a cocksure ********?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort