Heat @ Suns Tuesday game thread 4-13-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow. I didn’t start watching until the second half. They were down 13 early? That’s a 33 point turnaround.

Yeah. When the Heat get you down that much early they can step on your throat.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to let 1Sun back for one hour just to see how he would spin this win into a catastrophe.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Worst game I've seen from Book, and we won by 20. Wow, what a team.

On a separate and much smaller note, I'm not sure the box score is correct in the blocks column. I thought DA had 3 blocks, not 1. I saw 2 on Butler and remember seeing another. Jimmy Butler for sure had a block on Crowder when he shot a three and it appeared to be an airball. They even called it last touched by Butler. Thought for sure that's ruled a block.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worst game I've seen from Book, and we won by 20. Wow, what a team.

On a separate and much smaller note, I'm not sure the box score is correct in the blocks column. I thought DA had 3 blocks, not 1. I saw 2 on Butler and remember seeing another. Jimmy Butler for sure had a block on Crowder when he shot a three and it appeared to be an airball. They even called it last touched by Butler. Thought for sure that's ruled a block.

I thought Ayton had more blocks as well. Surprised to see only 1 in box score.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A great showing for sure. This team overachieves like none other. I honestly didnt think we would have this good of a record.
I’m curious why you think we are overachieving. That means you don’t think we are good enough to be in this position.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The freaking Lakers are going to get the walking wounded Nuggets in a first round get healthy cakewalk.

healthy Lakers v. Healthy Nuggets would have been a hell of a matchup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dort with 42 points against the Jazz in an OKC loss.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The freaking Lakers are going to get the walking wounded Nuggets in a first round get healthy cakewalk.

healthy Lakers v. Healthy Nuggets would have been a hell of a matchup.

I'm still hoping the Lakers fall to 7 and the play in. If they faced Golden State in that game then a hot game by Curry could send them home really early, healthy or not. The Warriors have to be the team no one wants to see in a play in situation because of Steph.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm still hoping the Lakers fall to 7 and the play in. If they faced Golden State in that game then a hot game by Curry could send them home really early, healthy or not. The Warriors have to be the team no one wants to see in a play in situation because of Steph.
They would have to lose 2 straight games. 7 and 8 play each other to determine who gets 7 seed, 9 and 10 play to determine who moves on to the 8 seed game and plays the loser of the 7 seed game for the 8 seed spot.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They would have to lose 2 straight games. 7 and 8 play each other to determine who gets 7 seed, 9 and 10 play to determine who moves on to the 8 seed game and plays the loser of the 7 seed game for the 8 seed spot.

Yeah, I just looked up how it works and its different than I had thought. 7 plays 8 and 9 plays 10. The loser of the 7-8 game plays the winner of 9-10 to determine the 8th seed.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Stix, right now, doesn’t look like he belongs in the keague. Lots of work to do before next season rook. Lots of work!
I’m curious why you think we are overachieving. That means you don’t think we are good enough to be in this position.
Yep that's what I said. If you told me at the beginning of the season we would be in second place overall and making a push for first. I would have called you a bright eyed fanboy.
I expected middle of the pack maybe fighting for a play in game. I'm thrilled things have played out they way they have, but no I didn't expect this at all.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep that's what I said. If you told me at the beginning of the season we would be in second place overall and making a push for first. I would have called you a bright eyed fanboy.
I expected middle of the pack maybe fighting for a play in game. I'm thrilled things have played out they way they have, but no I didn't expect this at all.
I. Think everyone would have reacted that way at the beginning of the season. Doesn’t mean that the Suns don’t belong where they are right now.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow fell zzz before half was super close!!

Guessing suns blew them out in 3rd or early 4th

From box score looks like ayton played well

Good couple of w after tough l to clips

Amazing job suns!!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone have anything to say about Spo ripping the refs for not calling a flagrant 2 on Carter (the Butler play where he turned his ankle)? Spo is claiming that Carter went under him.

I've replayed it a bunch of times. To me there is no way it is a flagrant. Carter made a simple box-out type of turn that every player is coached to do. Butler landed with his foot slightly forward, not sure if that is his regular shooting motion and landing.

In any case, I probably wouldn't gripe if they called a foul on Carter, but nothing more than that. It's just one of those unfortunate things that happen in basketball. Anyone who has played basketball any length of time has landed on someone's foot and turned an ankle like that.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose