Headcoach Kliff Kingsbury and his assistant coaches

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jake Spavital has been the OC at WVU under Dana Holgerson for 3 years. Another Air Raid guy from the same school of football philosophy. Has been OC at Texas A & M, Cal & WVU under Kevin Sumlin, Sonny Dykes ( Jared Goff ), Dana Holgerson ( Will Grier ) etc. No learning curve necessary as he and K K are from the same system.

I went Grade School with his Dad- Steve when I lived in Oklahoma. His Grandpa Jim has a Cardinals connection as well-1st Round Pick 1948:

https://www.profootballhof.com/timeline/1940/the-1948-nfl-draft/

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Stump is among the candidates for OC. Not first choice, but could get the job if no veteran OC is willing to mesh with KK's novel offense.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Stump is among the candidates for OC. Not first choice, but could get the job if no veteran OC is willing to mesh with KK's novel offense.

Not RB coach? I guess he has been coaching a while but never been an OC before, that would seem to be different than how they described what they were looking for.

I wonder if they will go Passing Game Coordinator and Run Game Coordinator like some staffs are doing?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Brad Childress as OC?

Knows what a good passing game is like...had Favre...Just stepped down from his AAFL coaching position.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
seeing Capers name being bandied about.

was that Packers D he coached been even close to good during his last five years there? I know he's been out of football for the last year... i think.
No. They were “bend don’t brake” biotches. It was Clancy Pendergast minus the sporatic big plays.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Childress fits the profile perfectly. Loads of NFL experience, HC experience, and kind of an innovator himself when it comes to introducing the spread offense to the NFL. He would strike me as the kind of OC without a big ego who will be open to KK's ideas and let him call the plays, while giving input on what things work in the NFL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Childress fits the profile perfectly. Loads of NFL experience, HC experience, and kind of an innovator himself when it comes to introducing the spread offense to the NFL. He would strike me as the kind of OC without a big ego who will be open to KK's ideas and let him call the plays, while giving input on what things work in the NFL.
Yay! Someone is on board with me!

I didn't realize his time with KC was spent as Spread Offense...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man I dunno about Childress, you think he’d give up his current gig driving an ice cream truck to come here?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Ryan Lindley as OC? Has to be QB coach...right?

You must be registered for see images attach

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
:Throws things at computer screen:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account@JordanRaanan 11m11 minutes ago
Former Giants coach Ben McAdoo will interview for a spot on Kliff Kingsbury’s staff in Arizona, per source. Kingsbury seemed to indicate Wednesday he was looking for a veteran coordinator. Remember, McAdoo had success as OC w/Giants in 2014-15, guiding 10th + 8th-ranked offenses.

Well he ended Eli's streak. He'll probably lure Fitz back just so he can make sure he doesn't get a reception in a game too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
:Throws things at computer screen:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account@JordanRaanan 11m11 minutes ago
Former Giants coach Ben McAdoo will interview for a spot on Kliff Kingsbury’s staff in Arizona, per source. Kingsbury seemed to indicate Wednesday he was looking for a veteran coordinator. Remember, McAdoo had success as OC w/Giants in 2014-15, guiding 10th + 8th-ranked offenses.

Well he ended Eli's streak. He'll probably lure Fitz back just so he can make sure he doesn't get a reception in a game too.

This would be a solid add. McAdoo is a great offensive mind, poor head coach. Then again, he was in an impossible situation having to start the corpse of Eli Manning. Anyone outside of New York could tell you Eli is done and has been done for awhile. He was stuck having to start an icon who played awful, and negatively impacted his teams peformance.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Ben McAdoo would also be interesting.

Top rated OC for 2 years and I think he won 11 games as a rookie HC.

He obviously knows stuff about offense