Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
had a buddy from Manhatton...I nicknamed him Vinny "The Deal" Lentini
he's like... "you racist bastard"... I'm, "But Vinny, your Italian, there has to be a nickname in there!
dude sold insurance, it was perfect
That nickname was great. My buddies called me Vinny the Ginny. Never fazed me a bit. My college buddies nicknamed me Vito, as the movie “The Godfather” was popular. Hence my avatar :cool:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Evero is intriguing. He's worked with both sides of the ball.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Sadly, Sean Payton is fading away into someone else’s sunset. Does he not know how beautiful our sunsets are. Denver and Houston don’t have anything on ours.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's mostly what's on the table.
I get that. However , I would rather go with Flores or Reich because of that experience. More importantly might be the OC’s they would bring with them.

But both these guys know how to manage the game. To me from what we’ve seen over the last 4 years, that’s huge.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
The way everyone raves about Ryans, his leadership, communication skills, how smart he is, being the adult in the room... I'm all in on him

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The way everyone raves about Ryans, his leadership, communication skills, how smart he is, being the adult in the room... I'm all in on him

Yeah exactly. I cannot remember where I heard it but someone said a lot of NFL people thought he'd be a HC once he retired from playing. I'm all in on him if Payton is a no go.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. I cannot remember where I heard it but someone said a lot of NFL people thought he'd be a HC once he retired from playing. I'm all in on him if Payton is a no go.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...eco-ryans-became-prime-nfl-coaching-candidate

As fate would have it, that Texans coaching staff included a handful of future San Francisco 49ers coaches. A young Kyle Shanahan was in charge of wide receivers; Robert Saleh, the former Niners defensive coordinator, was a defensive assistant; and Johnny Holland, the team's linebackers coach, held the same role in Houston.

Whenever the team would practice, Shanahan was struck by how quickly Ryans took charge, barking out playcalls, lining up teammates and making plays.

"He came in and ran that defense from day one as a rookie and that always stuck out to me," Shanahan said.

"I always felt like he would make a really good football coach because of the way he prepared for and played the game," Saleh said.

ASK THOSE WHO have been around Ryans what he's like and you'll inevitably hear words like positive, calm and even-keeled. Ryans likes to tell players that "energy vampires" aren't allowed, meaning nobody with a negative attitude is permitted in his meeting rooms.
After installing his defense in the spring, Davis said the Eagles were about halfway through training camp when he realized Ryans was learning the defense quickly. By the end of the season, Davis was ready to ask more of Ryans than any player he'd ever coached, with the exception of Hall of Famer Sam Mills.

On a given play, Davis would relay two calls -- one if the quarterback was under center and one if he was in shotgun -- with multiple fronts and coverages to Ryans. It was up to Ryans to identify the formation, keep an eye on any shifts, motions or potential checks and get his teammates lined up correctly to match the call.

"I look back at some of my game plans, I'm like, I wouldn't even think about doing that right now," said Davis, who spent 2022 as the Cardinals linebackers coach. "But it was because I had DeMeco that I could."

https://www.al.com/sports/2022/02/demeco-ryans-going-to-be-a-heck-of-head-coach-chip-kelly-says.html

Appearing on “The Jim Rome Show” on Tuesday, Kelly predicted a bright future for Ryans in coaching.

“He’s special,” Kelly said. “He’s got a unique leadership to him. He’s got a unique demeanor to him. He’s an unbelievable competitor. He’s extremely smart. He’s extremely well thought-out. Very detailed. The first time I was around DeMeco, you could just tell that he was special.

“And then I’ll say it again: Whoever is fortunate enough to hire him is going to get a heck of a head coach. I think he’ll be a really, really good head coach for a long, long time in the league because he’s got a lot of special qualities. Maybe I was the first to say it, but I’m not the only one. I think anyone who ever is around DeMeco for a short amount of time can really, truly understand that he’s special, and I think he’s going to be a heck of a head coach in the National Football League.”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/...yans-san-francisco-49ers-head-coach-candidate

It’s a cliché to call a player a “coach on the field,” but with Ryans, it was unimpeachably true. Ryans’s defensive coordinator in Philadelphia, Bill Davis, told NFL.com’s Jim Trotter that he would build two defensive game plans for each week: one that the defense could run no matter what, and another that they could only run if Ryans was on the field. Davis would also give Trotter his Ryans prediction: “DeMeco’s so talented, he will go to the next level and be a phenomenal head coach in this league because of the way he handles himself on a day-to-day basis.”
Davis’s boss in Philadelphia, Chip Kelly, has one-upped Davis in his predictions for Ryans. In 2016, as the head coach of the 49ers that would hire Ryans one year later, Kelly filled out a series of questions for his coach bio. Favorite food, favorite movie, best football nickname. Under “Player (former or current) that would make a great head coach,” Kelly put “DeMeco Ryans.” A few years later, Kelly would tell The Athletic: “It wouldn’t surprise me if DeMeco became president.”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose