• DeMeco Ryans

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’d like us to minimize penalties and other miscues.

I’d like us to be more consistant vs. the run.

And win more one-on-one battles.

And not be outsmarted

And gain more yards per carry.

Find me a HC and assistants who can accomplish these and I don’t care if the men or women are insiders, outsiders or direct decendents of the late Bill Walsh or Vine Lombardy.

Just hire the staff who can best address those concerns and. cross your fingers.
Also one that can build a strong ass DL that can get pressure with just 4 on most snaps.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Payton's my main pick, but that's partially based on viewing him as being a little bit more QB friendly, and bringing Fangio with him. Harbaugh's the 1b to Payton's 1a. If I saw more of Harbaugh's staff, I could be easily swayed, since I don't want to give up much.

Outside of the top two, I wouldn't be miserable with Ryans, Kellen Moore, Steichen, or some other candidates.

VJ would be a huge mess, but I've never believed he really has a chance to be our next head coach. I could see him remaining as our defensive coordinator, and wouldn't love that, but I could see it.
Steichen runs an RPO style that would get Kyler killed, no way he can take the hits that Hurts takes in Philly. He would definitely have to modify that offense for Kyler. Fangio would be the DC for Payton & Harbaugh would bring a young DC that's in tune with stopping the modern type of NFL offenses. He always has a younger DC with him at Michigan.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Steichen runs an RPO style that would get Kyler killed, no way he can take the hits that Hurts takes in Philly. He would definitely have to modify that offense for Kyler. Fangio would be the DC for Payton & Harbaugh would bring a young DC that's in tune with stopping the modern type of NFL offenses. He always has a younger DC with him at Michigan.
A coach can mold their approach to whatever they need. I don't think it's a firm "style," but maximizing the QB's talents.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that Hurts was, well, hurt.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Sean Payton is hired before a GM then he will bring his own GM. If a GM is hired before the HC you can bet your ass Sean Payton will not be the choice. Unless Bidwill can convince him a guy like Adam Peters (SFAGM) will be just fine? Sean Payton has already said his DC will be Vic Fangio which I wanted him in the off season after he was fired in Denver.

Payton will have critical input on the shopping that's a given. As long as the new GM doesn't take a run at his wife, I'm confident that Mike's choice will be fine. What's important to Payton, I suggest, is the aforementioned and the hiring of coaching support.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way Kyler would work in that offense, Hurts takes way too many hits, the ones Kyler can't take.
I have a good friend tha is a die hard Eagles fan. He does not like Steichen for exactly the same reasons you suggest: he has Hurts running way too much and got injured taking too many hits!!

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Before Philly he coached Herbert in SD, so he’s not married to RPO.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sean Payton would be the best especially for Kyler. However, no way would I give up our #3 pick in the draft for him.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Payton is clearly the best option. It's just going to cost a lot to get him, if he wants to go to AZ at all.

Also, the Cardinals haven't hired a coach with head coaching experience since Denny nearly 20 years ago. I am usually a fan of finding the next up and coming coach, but it would be cool to see what an experienced coach could do for a change.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton all the way if it can be done.
Sidenote: I was the 42nd vote for SP. #kwamie

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
This is THE best chance for a reset in forever because BOTH decision maker positions are open. That means if Payton or less likely, Harbaugh are hired they pick a compatible GM. Likewise if the GM is hired first, he can and should have substantial input on the head coach.

Don't mess it up Michael!

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SP all the way! We need this please!
I highly doubt SP would give up the #3 for himself.
If we have to I would give it up. We need the credibilty to attract players and staff that would want to work with SP.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ken Dorsey?

Loved the dude in college... as a coach he has Cam Newton and Josh Allen on his resume. so he has experience with guys who like to run to hide their mechanical weaknesses.
only 1 year as a coordinator though... but someone is gonna hire him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
SP all the way! We need this please!
I highly doubt SP would give up the #3 for himself.
If we have to I would give it up. We need the credibilty to attract players and staff that would want to work with SP.

I would seriously hesitate to give up 34... no way on 3

if the saints insist on a first,...offer 2024