Hate to do this but...Nets

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
regular season = DOES NOT MATTER

look at how we are playing now when the games matter: it is night and day.

Of course it matters. It may not always tell the full story thanks to things such as injuries but the better seeded teams do tend to win at a higher rate.

Ayton is playing consistently well, something he only did sporadically during the season. IMO that's the biggest difference between how we're playing now and 2 months ago.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So. Clippers or Jazz. If I had to choose right now--Clippers. It does not matter how we matched up in the regular season. The one reason I would want the Clips over Jazz is home court.

Yeah, that's a good point. IMO Utah and the Spurs are the worst places to play if you're hoping for fair road calls. The fans have been trained for decades on the importance of working the refs and it's been very effective over the years. I think we match up slightly better with Utah but the home court difference is likely more important.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without Kyrie or Harden for game 5, it's going to be hard for the Nets to win this series against the Bucks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without Kyrie or Harden for game 5, it's going to be hard for the Nets to win this series against the Bucks.

Yeah, I think the Bucks have got it now. They should anyway, but with the Bucks I am almost expecting them to still find a way to fail.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If they're missing both of them I think they're pretty much toast. Not that I expect it to happen but if either Harden or Kyrie come back healthy for game 6 my money would be back on the Nets.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
I'll be honest, when the Nets started the playoffs with all 3 and were just hitting crazy shots, I thought well there's no way we are beating them. Now.....Wide Open and the best chance to win a chip than we ever had before.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Philly is still in this and could create major problems with their size.

Embiid vs Ayton

Saric vs Howard will not be fun.

Last edited:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Philly is still in this and could create major problems with their size.

Embiid vs Ayton

Saric vs Howard will not be fun.

Embiid's second half choke job (or injury?) and Phillys ultimate loss last game doesn't seem so scary for the Suns right now.

A healthy Nets team is the only truly scary scenario to me at the moment. But since they are at 70% level it feels like the path is paved for the Suns first championship

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid's second half choke job and Phillys ultimate loss last game doesn't seem so scary for the Suns right now.

A healthy Nets team is the only truly scary scenario to me right now. But since they are at 70% level it feels like the path is paved for the Suns first championship

Embiid is almost literally playing on one leg. With him hurting the 76ers appear vulnerable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid's second half choke job and Phillys ultimate loss last game doesn't seem so scary for the Suns right now.

A healthy Nets team is the only truly scary scenario to me right now. But since they are at 70% level it feels like the path is paved for the Suns first championship

You must define "choke job" differently than I do. He didn't choke, he was in agony and had no business being out there. He could barely move and had no lift. And he shot poorly all game, finished 4 for 20. If it wasn't for some Oscar worthy performances which earned him 8 free throws his scoring would have looked even worse.

I know they need his rebounding and defense and he has value as a decoy I'm just not sure they're doing him or the team that much good playing him though this knee problem.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Embiid is almost literally playing on one leg. With him hurting the 76ers appear vulnerable.

Seriously.

He missed a bunny down near the final seconds, definitely compensating for the knee. With his size i'm not sure if playing on it injured is a good thing long term. Who knows how severe it is.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

He missed a bunny down near the final seconds, definitely compensating for the knee. With his size i'm not sure if playing on it injured is a good thing long term. Who knows how severe it is.

Meniscus damage in a knee is never a good thing. Maybe this specific injury will not get worse but it pains me to see him playing on it. He is clearly limited in what he can do.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Seriously.

He normally would have dunked that. It was definitely the knee issue that prevented it.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Meniscus damage in a knee is never a good thing. Maybe this specific injury will not get worse but it pains me to see him playing on it. He is clearly limited in what he can do.
I know what it's like to play with a torn meniscus. Not fun. It wasn't until I had it repaired and went through PT before I could enjoy basketball again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what it's like to play with a torn meniscus. Not fun. It wasn't until I had it repaired and went through PT before I could enjoy basketball again.

Some years back I had arthroscopic surgery on one of my knees to remove damaged meniscus. The remaining meniscus is starting to get worn and it can be quite painful. I'm trying to avoid the next step.

Polecat

Reaction score
Some years back I had arthroscopic surgery on one of my knees to remove damaged meniscus. The remaining meniscus is starting to get worn and it can be quite painful. I'm trying to avoid the next step.

Check on getting Synvex injections for the meniscus tears. This is a cartilege injection, I have had surgery on both knees for meniscus tears and these injection worked wonders.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check on getting Synvex injections for the meniscus tears. This is a cartilege injection, I have had surgery on both knees for meniscus tears and these injection worked wonders.

They work for awhile until the meniscus gets worn through. I've done that and it helped. Thanks for the tip.

Now I'm mostly going for cortisone injections.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pain is all over Embiid’s face. He looks miserable out there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose