Hate to do this but...Nets

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by NashDishesDimes, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:08 AM.

1. Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze Registered

there will be significant injuries between now and then. Lots can change, lets hope our guys stay healthy

elindholm and dscher like this.
  2. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

I like that idea. Nash throwing games so the Suns win a title. That's probably as likely to happen as us beating them straight up, so ill continue to hope he wants to see the Suns get a title.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  3. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

[​IMG]

95pro and cardncubfan like this.
  4. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I don't think beyond the next game but if the Suns made it to the Finals why wouldn't I think they can win?

They have been been proving people wrong and defying the odds all season. It's all about team basketball with the Suns. Home court advantage is certainly a plus.

The other thing they have going for them is momentum. This can never be underestimated. If the Suns make it to the Finals they are going to have a ton of it going for them. This can take on a life of it's own.

5. dscher

dscher Registered

Well said.

Mainstreet likes this.
  6. Bufalay

Bufalay Registered User

As with the Lakers, it helps to have an opponent that wasn't healthy for most of the season.

7. gimpy

gimpy Registered

So many over confident fans looking ahead way too early. I hope the Suns aren’t doing the same.

jruss702, Mainstreet, jf-08 and 3 others like this.
  8. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

I like our chances of advancing another round but as has been mentioned a few times, all we've done is hold serve against Denver.

gimpy likes this.
  9. Proximo

Proximo Registered

It is a lot more than that. 94% of teams that win the first two advance.

10. Germz249

Germz249 Registered

Right. I would say just enjoy the ride there to the championship. The road is smooth now but it can get bumpy. I get looking ahead to see if there are pot holes but its something we can’t avoid. Heck it can get bumpy to where we break a tie rod and don’t even make it there but just enjoy it.

I don’t even know where I was getting at. I am just high on our success.

Mainstreet and Ouchie-Z-Clown like this.
  11. AzStevenCal

Like I said, I like our chances. But that number doesn't change anything, all we've done is hold serve. Which means that if Denver does the same thing, protects it's home court, we'll be tied again and those percentages will drop considerably. We'll still be favored but that's to be expected, we are the 2 seed facing the 3 seed.

Hoop Head likes this.
  12. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

And we helped make up the 6% of teams that lost by choking away 2-0 leads to the Rockets in back to back years in the mid 90's. Ill feel much more comfortable after securing a win in Denver.

13. AzStevenCal

Yep. And yeah, give me a win in Denver and I'll go from being upbeat about our chances to being confident in the outcome.

Hoop Head likes this.
  14. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

I know this team is totally different than those Suns teams but as a fan having watched those series, I'll never forget those series. They keep me from counting a series as over before it is.

For something more recent, Denver came back from 2 series last year after being down 1-3. They've been in positions like this before so I'm not sure how someone can write them off already. I know they had Murray last year but they didn't have Gordon. Its not like they collapsed during the season without Murray either, they had a better winning percentage after he went down than they had with him to that point.

This series isn't over, not yet.

gimpy, Ouchie-Z-Clown and AzStevenCal like this.
  15. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I'm never confident until it's over but if the Suns hold serve they win the series.

I have a lot of respect for the Denver team but I'm not a fan of how the Nuggets head coach criticizes the play of their players.