Hate to do this but...Nets

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nash hating to beat his own team in maybe gets to nets nash a little

With paul slicing up nuggets def i feel like suns can hang with anyone

Also isn't suns bench deeper with talent than nets?

Will be epic if suns get that far to have a chance

Long long long way to go still

I like that idea. Nash throwing games so the Suns win a title. That's probably as likely to happen as us beating them straight up, so ill continue to hope he wants to see the Suns get a title.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think beyond the next game but if the Suns made it to the Finals why wouldn't I think they can win?

They have been been proving people wrong and defying the odds all season. It's all about team basketball with the Suns. Home court advantage is certainly a plus.

The other thing they have going for them is momentum. This can never be underestimated. If the Suns make it to the Finals they are going to have a ton of it going for them. This can take on a life of it's own.

dscher

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think beyond the next game but if the Suns made it to the Finals why wouldn't I think they can win?

They have been been proving people wrong and defying the odds all season. It's all about team basketball with the Suns. Home court advantage is certainly a plus.

The other thing they have going for them is momentum. This can never be underestimated. If the Suns make it to the Finals they are going to have a ton of it going for them. This can take on a life of it's own.
Well said.

Bufalay

Reaction score
As with the Lakers, it helps to have an opponent that wasn't healthy for most of the season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many over confident fans looking ahead way too early. I hope the Suns aren’t doing the same.

I like our chances of advancing another round but as has been mentioned a few times, all we've done is hold serve against Denver.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like our chances of advancing another round but as has been mentioned a few times, all we've done is hold serve against Denver.

It is a lot more than that. 94% of teams that win the first two advance.

Germz249

Veteran
Reaction score

Right. I would say just enjoy the ride there to the championship. The road is smooth now but it can get bumpy. I get looking ahead to see if there are pot holes but its something we can’t avoid. Heck it can get bumpy to where we break a tie rod and don’t even make it there but just enjoy it.

I don’t even know where I was getting at. I am just high on our success.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a lot more than that. 94% of teams that win the first two advance.

Like I said, I like our chances. But that number doesn't change anything, all we've done is hold serve. Which means that if Denver does the same thing, protects it's home court, we'll be tied again and those percentages will drop considerably. We'll still be favored but that's to be expected, we are the 2 seed facing the 3 seed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we helped make up the 6% of teams that lost by choking away 2-0 leads to the Rockets in back to back years in the mid 90's. Ill feel much more comfortable after securing a win in Denver.

Yep. And yeah, give me a win in Denver and I'll go from being upbeat about our chances to being confident in the outcome.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep. And yeah, give me a win in Denver and I'll go from being upbeat about our chances to being confident in the outcome.

I know this team is totally different than those Suns teams but as a fan having watched those series, I'll never forget those series. They keep me from counting a series as over before it is.

For something more recent, Denver came back from 2 series last year after being down 1-3. They've been in positions like this before so I'm not sure how someone can write them off already. I know they had Murray last year but they didn't have Gordon. Its not like they collapsed during the season without Murray either, they had a better winning percentage after he went down than they had with him to that point.

This series isn't over, not yet.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I like our chances. But that number doesn't change anything, all we've done is hold serve. Which means that if Denver does the same thing, protects it's home court, we'll be tied again and those percentages will drop considerably. We'll still be favored but that's to be expected, we are the 2 seed facing the 3 seed.

I'm never confident until it's over but if the Suns hold serve they win the series.

I have a lot of respect for the Denver team but I'm not a fan of how the Nuggets head coach criticizes the play of their players.