Has Markieff played his last game as a Sun?

Has Markieff played his last game as a Sun?

• Yes

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read an article on Yahoo Sports today written by Bobby Marks of The Vertical that analyses the trade value of Markieff in the eyes of other teams. Likely the worst case scenario is as follows if the trade him or keep him.

See the link below for more:

The pending felony aggravated assault charges facing Markieff and Marcus Morris have hung over the Suns since the January 2015 incident.

If a plea or conviction occurs after a trade, the team trading for Markieff Morris could expect to lose him for multiple games because of an NBA suspension. The looming concern over possible jail time further complicates a potential trade, and teams would want a complete understanding of the risks involved with the legal case. No organization wants to give up assets and suddenly learn that Morris would have to serve jail time.

If Morris were convicted of a felony, a team would have the right to void his contract based on the personal conduct policy in the contract. Nevertheless, that isn’t part of any team’s thought process in trading for him. Any team that completes a deal for him wants to minimize the impact of punishment and get maximum performance.

As mentioned in The Vertical Phoenix Suns Trade Guide, teams agree that Markieff Morris has one of the best value contracts in the NBA. Executives consider his 2014 four-year, $32 million rookie extension below market value for a player of his capabilities. Despite a sub-par season, teams have been quick to overlook that production and largely focus on Morris’ background.

Minimally, I think Markieff is worth a first round draft pick to a contender. Maybe more.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-analysis--markieff-morris--value-151517857.html

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo can keep his rant. It hurts my ears.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gambo can keep his rant. It hurts my ears.

Gambo's behavior regarding his feud with the twins has been nothing short of embarrassing. I wouldn't listen to his rant on this subject if they were handing out money as a reward for doing so. We all know the brothers have displayed gross immaturity, what's your excuse Mr Gambadoro?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo's behavior regarding his feud with the twins has been nothing short of embarrassing. I wouldn't listen to his rant on this subject if they were handing out money as a reward for doing so. We all know the brothers have displayed gross immaturity, what's your excuse Mr Gambadoro?

It's good to hear someone of like opinion. I guess he has his audience though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison