Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry Potter book record 1st run of 12M
Online questions, national U.S. bus tour will launch marketing campaign in
April for J.K. Rowling's latest book.
March 14 2007: 10:01 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The latest Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," will have a record-breaking 12 million copies printed in its first run, according to a release.

The print run tops the author J.K. Rowling's sixth and last book in the series "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," which was released on June 16, 2005 and had a printing of 10.8 million books. It sold 6.9 million copies in the first 24 hours, according to a release from Scholastic, the publisher.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," is due to be released on July 21. The book will also have a marketing campaign beginning April 17, in which publisher Scholastic will release one question every two weeks that fans will be encouraged to debate online and in book clubs, according to a release.

Author Rowling herself will possibly answering in the final installment, according to the release from the publisher. The questions will be posted on the published on Scholastic's (Charts) Web site as well as released through marketing and advertising efforts.

Additionally, a national bus tour, in a Knight Bus, based on the vehicle from the book series will depart from New York City and travel to 40 libraries and 10 cities nationwide. Fans will be encourage to visit the bus at its stops and share their feelings and thoughts about the Potter books on video, the release said.

The campaign launches April 17 and will continue through July 7.

All 6 Harry Potter books have been number one bestsellers in the United States, Britain, and around the world.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to this book more than I am any movie coming out.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More than 300, really?

Already saw 300, but yeah. I've been looking forward to this since the 6th book.

The Harry Potter books are one of the true good things in life. My worst fear has been JK dying before finishing the series. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've enjoyed the books, but I don't get the fanatical devotion to them.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I'm also very excited for this. Only 4 more months. I'm thinking about reading all the books over again before that.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Did you eat Chipotle in Mexico, N22?
Nah, I couldn't find one. I was very disappointed. It ruined my break. I can't wait until the next time I get to have one of those amazing burritos.
You must be registered for see images

I did go to a pretty decent restaurant though, but that is off-topic. :)

Nasser22

Reaction score
I am going to try to read all the books before this one. One chapter down, many more to go.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed in the adult cover.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort