Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Final 'Harry Potter' title announced

NEW YORK - We now have a title for Book VII: " Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows."

But if you want to find out for yourself, visit J.K. Rowling's Web site, jkrowling.com, and play a little game of hangman.

Rowling's U.S. publisher, Scholastic, Inc., released a brief statement Thursday announcing the name of the world's most anticipated children's book, the finale to her phenomenally popular fantasy series.

No publication date or other details were offered. Rowling is still working on the book, she wrote on her Web site in an entry posted early Thursday.

"I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more," she wrote. "I don't think anyone who has not been in a similar situation can possibly know how this feels: I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will.)"

Meanwhile, she set up a little game for her Potter fans.

If you go to her home page, click on the eraser and you will be taken to a room — you'll see a window, a door and a mirror.

In the mirror, you'll see a hallway. Click on the farthest doorknob and look for the Christmas tree. They click on the center of the door next to the mirror and a reef appears. Then click on the top of the mirror and you'll see a garland.

Look for a cobweb next to the door. Click on it, and it will disappear. Now, look at the chimes in the window. Click on the second chime to the right, and hold it down. The chime will turn into the key, which opens the door. Click on the wrapped gift behind the door, then click on it again and figure out the title yourself by playing a game of hangman.

Or you can just take Scholastic's word for it.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to make it my 2007 new year resolution to read at least one Harry Potter book.

I hear they're kinda good...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bad wizards better get crushed in this book, or I'll..I'll....get really moody.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mulli....if I ever read one of these please take my life.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not into Wizards and Dragons and stuff.

But I am VERY INTERESTED in learning more about Lord of the RIngs. Like why would Liv Tyler sometimes show up and just make out with that Mortenson dude.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[the world's most anticipated children's book,

It's not a children's book. FFS. It has mass appeal, but I know as many adults that love the series as kids.

With that said, I can't wait for this book...one of my biggest fears in the world is JK dying before she completes this series.

If NEZ says anything bad about Potter, he should be banned.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of my biggest fears in the world is JK dying before she completes this series.

I thought she had already written the book. Maybe it is just the last chapter she already has written.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I was thinking of;

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13558242/

“The last book is not finished. But I’m well into it now. I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I’ve known exactly how the series is going to end,” she said

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How could I say anything bad about Potter?? It's a kids book. I'm not gonna pick up a 500 page kids book and read that to my kids at bedtime.

Charlotte's Web, yup, I'll read that. Not some book about goofy boys and wizards and gremlins.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought she had already written the book. Maybe it is just the last chapter she already has written.

This is what I was thinking of;

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13558242/

“The last book is not finished. But I’m well into it now. I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I’ve known exactly how the series is going to end,” she said

She wrote the first and last chapter of the series a long, long time ago.

And I didn't have to look it up.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you are reading Harry Potter to your kids, I'd expect a CPS visit soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard