Hamilton Out 4 Weeks - Cooking Injury

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do know what supposedly happened. Sorry, but I know of too many moron Cardinal players over the last 60 years of watching this franchise that I have zero tolerance for stupidity. For the 1st time in his NFL career, he has an opportunity to START, and he’s supposedly cooking with hot oil?? Whatever. Sorry, but I know that I wouldn’t be doing that if I had a chance to get a decent contract in the NFL. If I’m the GM, do you think I would risk spending big money on this kid moving forward? Maybe, but probably not.
If that is your measuring stick, I don't see how you can have been a fan of the Cards as long as you have. Stupid is practically their middle name. This offseason not including this unfortunate accident has been one of the stupidest that I can remember.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that is your measuring stick, I don't see how you can have been a fan of the Cards as long as you have. Stupid is practically their middle name. This offseason not including this unfortunate accident has been one of the stupidest that I can remember.
You’re 100% right!! I ask myself that question often. From last minute losses to the Browns and not being able to sign Namath in the 60’s, being the moron franchise to actually fire Coryell in the 70’s, to the brutal officiating in critical game losses in the 80’s to the Skins, etc, etc. I think it all culminated in the Monday Night debacle against the Bears. I remember turning off the TV & lights and sitting alone in my office until 0400 trying to figure out how we lost to a team that threw 6 picks. I fell in love with the Cardinal uniform way back in 1964 & just couldn’t help myself. I’m a baseball Cardinal fanatic also, so it’s a Cardinal thing for me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha! truth.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kitchen accidents can happen to anyone. Just unfortunate it's paired with a whacky offseason.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kitchen accidents can happen to anyone. Just unfortunate it's paired with a whacky offseason.
I bought an expensive set of kitchen knives when I moved to my new place a couple of years ago. The adage is supposed to be 'Sharp is safe, dull is dangerous.' I haven't cut myself on these knives at all and I love them. Linda has cut herself 3-4 times with them already.

Freak things happen.

Which reminds me. During our Superbowl run, I would tailgate with Abomb and D-Dogg and for the Thanksgiving game, and to deep fried a whole turkey. It went well enough, until the propane tank itself started leaking. We had to call the Fire Dept and they had to come out and take it away. Who knows what would have happened if I would have dropped that turkey in there.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They are sold here as British bangers but I never been to England.

Mom went to Penzance Grammar school, lived in St Ives but she grew up during WW2 so they moved constantly because of that.

I grew up with a mom who could legitimately say when I didn't feel like going to school, "i walked to school every day, during a war, we'd pick up pieces of shrapnel on our way to school. Get dressed you're going to school!"
But...have you been to Oklahoma?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They are sold here as British bangers but I don't know never actually been to England.

Mom went to Penzance Grammar school, lived in St Ives but she grew up during WW2 so they moved constantly because of that.

I grew up with a mom who could legitimately say when I didn't feel like going to school, "i walked to school every day, during a war, we'd pick up pieces of shrapnel on our way to school. Get dressed you're going to school!"
I've been to England once, even though I'm British American. Food is meh. My ethnic food (Southern food) is incredibly underrated.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This brings a whole new meaning to our CB’s getting cooked this season.

On a serious note, heal up fast Hamilton.

I’m excited to see what he brings to the field this year.

Reaction score
Quick taxonomy of American french fry names:
Steak Fries are maybe what you call "chunky" which are basically potato wedges that are baked or deep fried. This is sneakily the best kind of fry.
Waffle Fries are essentially potato rounds that are turned into a waffle pattern by some kind of witchcraft. This is the second- or third-best kind of fry.
Crinkle-cut fries are kind of rippley and gross.
Curly fries are the only real competitor to waffle fries as the best. They're like spun edges of fries and highly seasoned. This is the only reason to go to Arby's, tbh.
Fries are essentially potato sticks that are anywhere less than 1/2" (1 cm) on the short edge.
Shoestring fries are extremely narrow (< 5 mm on the short edge) fries that are gross and unneeded.

All fries are good. People have different preferences hence the different types. ;)

Btw, I loved the shoestring fries in a can as a kid. :)

Reaction score
I've been to England once, even though I'm British American. Food is meh. My ethnic food (Southern food) is incredibly underrated.
Two best food groups are Mexican & Italian with Cajun a close 3rd & might be ahead of Italian depending on the dish. :)

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see your Tom's BBQ fries, and raise you ATL fries from ATL Wings.

Not only the best fries, but the best hot wings on the planet... and I have had wings from at least 100 different places, including the two in Buffalo that fight over creating them.

You are correct!!!!!!
Fortunately for me, the second best wings are at a place twenty minutes from my house.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
if you order the fries well done at In-N-Out they're decent. But yeah... they are straight up ABYSMAL if you order them as is. it's bizarre how bad they are.
Is it because their fries are fresh cut and not frozen?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Question. Are chips traditionally supposed to be not crispy? I dont wanna say soggy, but Ive had a long running argument with a buddy of mine. We call proper chips steak fries.

There's no right or wrong way. Think it depends how cooked.

If you go to a chip shop or fast food place they are normally single fried in a deep fat fryer and tend to be floppy.

For me a proper chip is over cooked so crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

The BEST chips are cooked in the oven in duck fat. Or deep fried in duck fat. They are awesome.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard