Grizzlies & Raptors both want their next head coach to be - Iavaroni...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for Ivaroni, bad for us. Unfortunately you had to expect that with the seasons the Suns have had. Honestly the Toronto job has some real potential.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Damn. I really, REALLY would hate to see us lose Iavaroni. Of course, I'd wish him all the luck in the world if he did. He does deserve a head coaching job.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
The Grizz have been playing better under their interim head coach. Fratello wanted them to play slow, and he let;s them run. They scored 140+ points last night.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Grizz can have him for their pick. ;)

Though I don't think Iavaroni will be a great headcoach, I think our coachs are all quite overrated because Steve Nash is really the one that everything evolves around, not sure they need any coaching offensively really, defensively and on the boards they need it but you don't see too much of that in the last 3 years and not much improvement either.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iavaroni has deserved to be a HC for about 3 seasons now. Surprised when Portland didn't hire him.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Grizz can have him for their pick. ;)

Though I don't think Iavaroni will be a great headcoach, I think our coachs are all quite overrated because Steve Nash is really the one that everything evolves around, not sure they need any coaching offensively really, defensively and on the boards they need it but you don't see too much of that in the last 3 years and not much improvement either.

Iavaroni's the coach that's been overseeing the development of Amare, in particluar his jump shooting. Considering he had no jump shot at all when he came into the league, I'd say Iavaroni has done a damn fine job of helping to develop Amare's game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Iavaroni's the coach that's been overseeing the development of Amare, in particluar his jump shooting. Considering he had no jump shot at all when he came into the league, I'd say Iavaroni has done a damn fine job of helping to develop Amare's game.

Hmm. Seriously, how hard was it to look at the rookie Stoudemire and say, "Hey, you'd really be a lot more effective if you could stick the 17-footer"? Iavaroni might be a great coach for all I know, but I wouldn't point to Stoudemire's jump shot as evidence.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been reading "7 seconds or less" and Iavaroni does a lot. He sets up all of their defensive schemes and runs all of the pre-game meetings for the bigs. He gives them their key things to try to do and look out for every game (this player only goes right, etc). He's very organized and detailed and has a huge white board filled with information about the opposing team for the players to go over before every game. I think the book said that he watches more game film than any other coach.

Wasn't there some kind of deal when Bryan Colangelo left that he couldn't steal away any of the Suns coaches?

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've been reading "7 seconds or less" and Iavaroni does a lot. He sets up all of their defensive schemes and runs all of the pre-game meetings for the bigs. He gives them their key things to try to do and look out for every game (this player only goes right, etc). He's very organized and detailed and has a huge white board filled with information about the opposing team for the players to go over before every game. I think the book said that he watches more game film than any other coach.

Wasn't there some kind of deal when Bryan Colangelo left that he couldn't steal away any of the Suns coaches?

i've been reading 7 secs also. not the typical book i usually read, but cheese bought it for me for channukah. it is really a captivating read. and i agree with jbeecham . . . iavaroni is a very important piece to our coaching puzzle. from my read of the book he seems to be the only coach fixated on logistics like stats, x's & o's, and technical preparation. that's not to say that the others (gentry, weber, and the d'antoni's) don't do any of that stuff, but rather, iavaroni is the only who seems to dig it and really dive into it. i think you need at least one coach like that on the staff. and his background is impeccable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he will be a good heach coach. I give him alot of credit for working with the young guys on a team. I don't think he would want to coach an aging verteran team. I think he would be great for a team with alot of young talent.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
This was expected, but I'd still hate to lose Iavaroni. I knew he was a good coach and then I started reading :07 Seconds or Less and realized just how important he is.

Nash

Reaction score
Andrew Toney-Iavaroni-no baloney

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
i've been reading 7 secs also. not the typical book i usually read, but cheese bought it for me for channukah. it is really a captivating read. and i agree with jbeecham . . . iavaroni is a very important piece to our coaching puzzle. from my read of the book he seems to be the only coach fixated on logistics like stats, x's & o's, and technical preparation. that's not to say that the others (gentry, weber, and the d'antoni's) don't do any of that stuff, but rather, iavaroni is the only who seems to dig it and really dive into it. i think you need at least one coach like that on the staff. and his background is impeccable.

Im in the middle of reading it now too (must read for any NBA fan) and i completly agree Ouchie. He seems to be the most analytical of all the coaches.

As long as we have D'Antoni I am not overly concerned about it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison