Greg Jones, RB. Florida State

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Anyone see the hit he put on the North Carolina linebacker?
That will be on college highlight reels for years.

I've never seen anyone stiff arm someone with their head like that. Very effective.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Yes what a hit!!!

Did anyone see the Wisconsin DB hit on WVU's QB? Folded him in half and knocked him back about 6 yards. Had to run across the stadium parking lot in his uni to get checked out by the Doctors because he was spitting up blood.

Football, gotta love it!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11

I've never seen anyone stiff arm someone with their head like that. Very effective.

That was impressive, Jones has a bad habit of turning his back to tacklers, nice to see him just blast someone.

Anybody see the ridiculous call on Roy Williams in the Texas game? They have him rushing punts this year to block some and he got called for running into the kicker. He literally ran to the left of the kicker, standing right next to him the kicker leaned into Williams, initiated contact and then flopped ala Vlade Divac and they called it. Negated a near 60 yard return by Nathan Vasher.

Ref is lucky the game wasn't close, in a big game that call would have been huge.

FYI Chance Mock is the QB now but Vince Young is going to be a GREAT QB, can run and throw.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Section 11, in that little clip that twist posted, it almost looks like he used his shoulder instead of his head or at least got his shoulder into the action. Either way, it was an unusual method of breaking a tackle.

Reaction score

Now that's the way to play FOOTBALL!!!
:thumbup: