Greetings Suns Fans-I look forward to a spirited competition.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Gameday:

What adjustments will we see? Is Lopez available today?

I can say that people on Spurs boards are thinking that Tony Parker should start. I doubt Pop changes that for the 1st quarter. I think it's up to San Antonio's GHill to challenge Steve Nash into NOT replicating his game 1 stats. Must stop ball to effectively limit the assist totals. Less than 10 assists will be pivotal in order for SA to get the W.

On a sidenote. I just bought tix for Game 5(There will be no sweep). So it looks like I'll be at the UAC on Tuesday.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you do that, don't you think Pop will make the adjustment and post up RJ against Nash?
And it also depends on who the other 4 players are for each team. For the Spurs, if Ginobili is in, he'll choose that matchup and move the ball to exploit it. If Parker is in, once he's past either Hill or JRich, then it's either a rotating big who has to close or Nash.

i'd almost like to see pops post jefferson. he's not a great post player and it would take the spurs outta their offense, and it's always been a very structured offense. in fact, pops has had to make very few offensive adjustments through the years against the suns due to the big three's abilities to score within their offense. i'd like to make them try to do something outside their comfort zone for a change.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Good Game Suns Fans. It would seem that your bench mob has come up firing 3's. Channing Frye must have been channeling...I'm am Black Nowitzki, Blawitzki!

It's funny, I expected Ginobili to give us more output like he did once Parker got injured, I like the assists, I just know that he needs to give the team at least 20.

Your team held serve, let's see if the Spurs can do the same...There will at least be a game 5... Oh and tickets are refundable if the games aren't played. Thanks for asking.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Frye has his good games and his bad games. I just think he's a little more confident now than in the Portland series. Dragic is playing scared and Barbosa looks frightened.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't count any flops...I meant points, but I thought that was obvious. I guess not. I'll be more concise the next time.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
And then there's this. I know you guys are elated. You guys should be, but...slow your roll, just a bit.

Back in 04, the Spurs were defending champs, they took their 2 home games easy, with Tony Parker going straight up nuts and draining end of the half 3's on the Lakers. Everyone said the LAL was done. Then they got to Tinsel Town, and the series changed drastically. And just like that, it was 2-2. Cut to game 5, a nip-tuck game, kind of like what was going in today. Tim makes a perceived game winner, only to be trumped by .4 Fisher and then...the dreaded reverse sweep.

Not saying that that's going to happen. I'm just saying be elated in holding home court. The scene shifts and then we see what happens.

For some strange reason...I have this thing going 7.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And then there's this. I know you guys are elated. You guys should be, but...slow your roll, just a bit.

Back in 04, the Spurs were defending champs, they took their 2 home games easy, with Tony Parker going straight up nuts and draining end of the half 3's on the Lakers. Everyone said the LAL was done. Then they got to Tinsel Town, and the series changed drastically. And just like that, it was 2-2. Cut to game 5, a nip-tuck game, kind of like what was going in today. Tim makes a perceived game winner, only to be trumped by .4 Fisher and then...the dreaded reverse sweep.

Not saying that that's going to happen. I'm just saying be elated in holding home court. The scene shifts and then we see what happens.

I know you're a Spur homer, but this is a different situation. We are definitely the better team, maybe not playoff-proven like you guys, but definitely the better team. The Lakers were the underdog in that series, and while media pundits thought that the Spurs would take us, the oddsmakers were making us the favorites in this series.

Can the Spurs come back and take the series? Of course they can. But we're in a mighty good position right now. We take just one game in SA and we are in the driver's seat. The Spurs have to win 4 of the next possible 5 games. That's a pretty tall order against a team that hasn't had a bad losing streak since December.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
I know you're a Spur homer, but this is a different situation. We are definitely the better team, maybe not playoff-proven like you guys, but definitely the better team. The Lakers were the underdog in that series, and while media pundits thought that the Spurs would take us, the oddsmakers were making us the favorites in this series.

Can the Spurs come back and take the series? Of course they can. But we're in a mighty good position right now. We take just one game in SA and we are in the driver's seat. The Spurs have to win 4 of the next possible 5 games. That's a pretty tall order against a team that hasn't had a bad losing streak since December.
True that Chaplin. It's true I want to see things tied up when I get there to PHX for game 5. Actually, I at least want a game 5 but prefer for it to be tied up. There will be some heavy adjustments by both teams.
Big ups to Jared Dudley. He's a fellow San Diegan, but then again, so are Richard Jefferson and Luke Walton.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score

It takes a huge bowl of giblets to come into a Suns forum, with Phoenix up 2-0 on the Spurs, and say to Suns fans "slow your roll."

As for your comparison to 2004, the 2010 Spurs are NOT the 2004 Lakers.

Errntknght

Reaction score
You missed the giant flop by Gino on Nash's drive in game 1? The refs should have tagged him for two fouls, one for each Phoenix player he careened off of. Plus a technical for unsportsmanlike conduct. Like I told you a few years ago, I'll believe Manu isn't flopping when he injures one of teammates with his antic maneuvers. And Pops is just as reprehensible for allowing a player to jeopardize other players like that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think we're all pretty elated but I haven't seen anyone rush out and buy tickets for the Lakers series. It's hard to fault us for being upbeat though as 2-0 vs the Spurs is much better than the other possibilities. I guess it's always possible that the refs will screw us like they did SA with the Fisher shot or like they did to the Kings or to that poor Suns team but until they do I like our chances.

If we don't win one of the next two I suspect we'll all settle in for the long haul and pray for a happy game 7 but right now we wouldn't say no to a sweep or 4-1 finish. It's not likely we'll see Manu play this poorly again but I can't really say that we played all that well either. Other than perhaps Frye there's no reason to not expect at least as much from these guys on the road. You could be right about 7 but I have this thing going 5 and I like me better.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Hoping we sweep them, that's the best slap in the face we can give them. And they are deserving.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, it seems like the Suns is the better team this year and it doesn't come as a great surprise to me. We have struggled all year. Compared to our champion teams and compared to the Suns we simply have too many bad (Bonner, Bogans, Mason), inexperienced (Hill, Blair, and Mahimni) or soft and inconsistent (Jefferson) players. If we need to rely on such players we will lose games. I wish our FO could make good decisions not only in the draft but also when it comes to free agents/trades.

You are now the favourites to win this series but of course we still hope Pop will find a way to turn things around. Our Hill should feel more confident the next the two games and I hope Manu will overcome his struggles. Will be very difficult against such a good team but Go Spuuuurs!

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Just to prove my point above, next season we could theoretically use this "all drafted" team:

C: Splitter, Duncan, Mahimni,
PF: Duncan, Blair, Gist
SF: "Unknown rookie drafted 2010"/Hairston
SG: Manu, Hill, Hairston
PG: Parker/Hill, De Colo

Note that except for Duncan these were all late first round or secon round picks. How can a FO be so talented but also sign Jefferson, Mason & Bogans?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to prove my point above, next season we could theoretically use this "all drafted" team:

C: Splitter, Duncan, Mahimni,
PF: Duncan, Blair, Gist
SF: "Unknown rookie drafted 2010"/Hairston
SG: Manu, Hill, Hairston
PG: Parker/Hill, De Colo

Note that except for Duncan these were all late first round or secon round picks. How can a FO be so talented but also sign Jefferson, Mason & Bogans?

how do spurs fans think they're going to be able to get rid of Jefferson's albatross of a contract?

this was their last hurrah and this series is far from over, but don't fool yourselves... Duncan's only gonna get worse at this point and he doesn't have a rookie Duncan to come in and play next to him like D Rob did when he was getting up in years. It was an INCREDIBLE run though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we could live with a few front office mistakes like those if it brought us a few championships.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn