Great article on the Defense

Reaction score
The first two games they have played fairly conservatively, and haven't really shown anything the whole package.

We just might see the Cardinals D bring it this week.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is actually pretty scary that we haven't even seen the full effects of what this defense can offer. If we have been playing pretty vanilla base defense against the dolphins and 9ers, than I could only imagine what they will do when they bring in more blitz packages against the "better teams". Should be interesting. Defense wins championships...If this unit stays hungry, I can't see anything holding us back this year from taking this division.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So far, all the fantasy junkies are picking Jason Campbell to have a better game than Kurt Warner. Honestly, that bothers me on many levels, so I am counting on our defense to make some serious noise on Sunday

Reaction score
So far, all the fantasy junkies are picking Jason Campbell to have a better game than Kurt Warner.
That's because they believe that the Redskins secondary walks on water. They don't!

I think the Skins should be much more concerned about the Cardinals D than the other way around...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fabulous article! Thanks, ct.

None of us knew the defense held their own self-critique meetings. And Eric Green told Clancy Pendergast to quit playing it so uptight (read: careful) against good teams? Nobody here told us that. And we all know that's one of Clancy's frailties.

And no reporter here told us how Whisenhunt told Clancy to adjust.

I like Whisenhunt more and more and that locker room chemistry has got to be what all the local scribes are seeing and feeling when we see them jumping on the bandwagon.

Imagine. Just imagine the upside and confidence and the pride if this team wins both of the next two weeks.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
I'm liking the bit from the guy complaining that the Cards are always the dark horse pick to win the division/make the playoffs, and it never pans out. Difference is, usually those have been preseason predictions that fell apart once the season started. This year, they're sober evaluations of the state of the division following two games having been played. It's just not the same.

And yeah, it was the 49ers... but it was on the road and they beat the Seahawks on the road the next week. And yeah, it was the Dolphins, but domination is domination.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This season the Cardinals are winning the games that they are suppose to win. The Redskins will be a huge test for the Cardinals. The Redskins are an average team. If the Cardinals can put up a huge win like week's 1 & 2 againist the Redskins, then the Cardinals are on their way. The one thing the defense can improve on is tackling. It going to be very important that the Cardinals stop Clinton Portis. They couldn't stop Gore in the 49ers game. Let see what week 3 brings us.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
If the Redskin's Team is taking the Card's D as lightly as the 'Skins Fans are according to what I've been reading on their message board they are going to be in for a long, long day!:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson