Good press coverage--

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
In last Sunday's New York Times, the sports page had a good write up on the new stadium,"A Glimmer of Hope in the Hot Desert Sun", with a wonderful photo inside the new stadium of the players running out on to the field at the Pitts. game. Also one of Edge taken at training camp.
Their magazine section on sports "Play", had a nice article on Matt Leinart with photos the title of it "Just smile, in a blink, Matt Leinart has gone from USC Golden Boy to Uneasy Savior of The Arizona Cardinals." You can access these at the Times website, just archive it for Sunday Aug 20th. They talked about how smart he is, scoring a 36--in a 98th percentile on the Wonderlic, an intelligence exam used by many corporations and the NFL.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I think this is hilarious because today me and my cousin we arguing over who was going to have a better pro career Cutler and Leinart. Obviously Cutler has looked phenomenol so far throwing the ball and i really would have been happy if the Cardinals had drafted him. But he looked phenomenol throwing the ball at the combine too. This is the preseason - he hasn't had a defensive coordinator game plan for him yet or show him a tough defense coverage.

But look at leinart. I mean ask yourself this. Has a QB who has has A) an NFL arm and accuracy and size B) Production at a big time program and C) scored in the 98TH PERCENTILE!! on the Wonderlic been a bust? In fact has there ever been a QB period with all those characteristics?

I was elated the day we drafted Leinart and my happiness has only grown. I hope he comes out strong in this preseason game but even if he doesn't i'm loving everything i have read and seen so far

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.
ChandlerCard said:
Not with all the cushion he was giving receivers last week...

That's actually not his fault. He played press coverage in college (and very well I might add), but has been learning the Cards off coverage since being drafted. Sorry for the highjack, I guess my humor didn't translate...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson