KG can keep him in a leash.

can Starbury join teh suns instead?
nothing to lose.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say they will win another title. Why does Marbury get such a bad rap here? He did everything right while he was here and even played defense.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I say they will win another title. Why does Marbury get such a bad rap here? He did everything right while he was here and even played defense.
I tend to agree with you there. IMO his reputation is more on the selfish side than anything else. I suppose that if you consider all the top notch PG's we've had here in PHX over the years(KJ,JKidd,Nash) that Starbury could easily be viewed as a "me me me" guy.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he will contribute too, at least this season. If it is enough for them to repeat, is another thing, but i can see him trying to leave the whole knicks drama behind and play well or at least behave, to get back at his former team.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Steph did everything what Suns asked him to and more when he was here. We Suns fans should be appreciative. I'm glad that he gets another chance with the Celtics.

nowagimp

Reaction score

Marbury is a terrible defender, no work ethic there, and a ball hog. that said, the celtics won last year with an older version of marbury(Cassel). Lets face it the celts dismantled denver without KG, they are a pretty good team.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Steph did everything what Suns asked him to and more when he was here. We Suns fans should be appreciative. I'm glad that he gets another chance with the Celtics.

sorry if I fail to be swept up in the memory of mediocrity. OK, I appreciate frank johnson too.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I say they will win another title. Why does Marbury get such a bad rap here?

Because it's a lot easier for most posters to parrot what they hear the experts say ("Marbury is selfish") than it is for them to think for themselves.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I tend to agree with you there. IMO his reputation is more on the selfish side than anything else. I suppose that if you consider all the top notch PG's we've had here in PHX over the years(KJ,JKidd,Nash) that Starbury could easily be viewed as a "me me me" guy.

He schooled Parker until his shoulder injury which none of other PG could. We had a chance to beat the Spurs in the 1st round playoffs with it, the year they won their second title. From results, it's not much worse than Kidd's and last year's Suns, with much less talent.:mulli:

OP
OP
Cheesewater

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score

I don't know if it's anything but short memory. He's been away for awhile, and in that time he has become kind of a goofy distraction.

A few months ago I was kind of hoping we'd end up with him backing up Nash.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good thing = He'll destroy the celtics

Bad thing = LA will probably win the championship

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Good thing = He'll destroy the celtics

Bad thing = LA will probably win the championship

Nah, Starbury will be on his best behavior. This is his best chance at winning a ring. Next season, he will become a malcontent again

And L.A. will not be winning a championship

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LA will still be winning the title, but it makes the Celtics a threat again.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, Starbury will be on his best behavior. This is his best chance at winning a ring. Next season, he will become a malcontent again

And L.A. will not be winning a championship

Wanna bet?

...and it won't be against the Celtics. It will be Lakers vs Cavs this year.

scotsman13

Reaction score
personally i would rather he sink the lakers. maybe justice would happen and he could pull a livingston on kobe.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
personally i would rather he sink the lakers. maybe justice would happen and he could pull a livingston on kobe.

Boo! :thumbdown
I hate the Lakers as much as the next guy, but that's just disgusting. Wishing for somebody to get hurt and his career to be over, and to call that justice is not cool. Again, BOOOOOO! :thumbdown

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score

We play basketball, we wear shoes, but at the same time, it's not about that.

cly2tw

Reaction score
He sounds like Isaia Thomas. He wasn't like that when with Suns. He got bad company in NY, man! And he sounds like the phony preacher role Steve Martin played in a movie. ;)

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lou_skywalker, your message above was editted as it was inappropriate. This is your first warning on making statements like the above.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not convinced that Marbury will have a chance to implode the Celtics.

One, I don't think Doc would put up with it nor would the rest of the team.

Two, he came to the Celtics, the Celtics did not pursue him. He is there on the Celtics terms. They did not trade for him and are not stuck with a long term contract.

It's not a high risk situation IMO. Worst case scenario, he pisses the team off and gets cut. Best case scenario he becomes a contributer off the bench and makes them that much deeper.

Last edited:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
I am not convinced that Marbury will have a chance to implode the Celtics.

One, I don't think Doc would put up with it nor would the rest of the team.

Two, he came to the Celtics, the Celtics did not pursue him. He is there on the Celtics terms. They did not trade for him and are not stuck with a long term contract.

It's not a high risk situation IMO. Worst case scenario, he pisses the team off and gets cut. Best case scenario he becomes a contributer off the bench and makes them that much deeper.

Accurate post. There isn't much chance for him to hurt the team short term. Should they resign him for next year I could see potential problems like not being happy playing second fiddle to Rondo etc...

He will have minimal impact to the team this year in either a positive or negative way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard