Goldschmidt traded to Cards

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Alex Reyes is their top pitching prospect.

Carson Kelly is a AAAA catcher:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kellyca02.shtml

As I said before, Weaver's ceiling is Zach Godley, and he has a negative WAR, even with his so-called promising season in 2017, which was still only mediocre (and at 25 years old, he has already been playing professional baseball for 5 seasons, so this is pretty much we are going to get with him):

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/weavelu01.shtml

Young is indeed fringy.

The Comp B pick is something we would have received had Goldy just walked after the 2019 season.

This trade is worthless to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Going into last season, Kelly was ranked as the #2 catching prospect in all of baseball. Obviously we have Varsho down in the minors who I'm really high on, but we'll have to wait and see.

Not a huge Weaver fan but he's only 25.

Obviously we won't know for a few years how this plays out. I do trust Hazen and our front office (unlike previous regimes).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Going into last season, Kelly was ranked as the #2 catching prospect in all of baseball. Obviously we have Varsho down in the minors who I'm really high on, but we'll have to wait and see.

Not a huge Weaver fan but he's only 25.

Obviously we won't know for a few years how this plays out. I do trust Hazen and our front office (unlike previous regimes).

Kelly is currently only the #3 catching prospect in the Cardinals organization.

Entering his 6th professional season, Weaver at 25 is entering his prime and has yet to show he belongs in MLB let alone toward the top of a rotation.

After the disastrous serious of signings (see Avila, Dyson, Boxberger, Salas), and trades (see Marrero, Souza) last season, especially at the trade deadline (see Andriese, Diekman), I do not trust Hazen and our front office at all.

The only decent moves last year were Hirano, Buchholz, Jay, Escobar and Zeigler, and even those moves outside of Hirano and Buchholz were only so-so.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The Dbacks had a chance to keep a generational TEAM player. One that inspires kids to follow the team. One that builds legions of fans for decades. But no, Hazen and Kendrick blow it.
Wished we could have gone the Fitz route with him

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Kelly is currently only the #3 catching prospect in the Cardinals organization.

Entering his 6th professional season, Weaver at 25 is entering his prime and has yet to show he belongs in MLB let alone toward the top of a rotation.

After the disastrous serious of signings (see Avila, Dyson, Boxberger, Salas), and trades (see Marrero, Souza) last season, especially at the trade deadline (see Andriese, Diekman), I do not trust Hazen and our front office at all.

The only decent moves last year were Hirano, Buchholz, Jay, Escobar and Zeigler, and even those moves outside of Hirano and Buchholz were only so-so.

Kelly was the #3 prospect in their org, not the #3 catcher (as of Summer 2018 rankings). Now that Kelly has accrued enough time at the majors, he's not going to appear on the new rankings that are coming out.

Agree that some of the moves Hazen made last season were hit and miss, but you can't disregard the moves made the prior season to get us to the playoffs.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And they did exactly what we all knew they would do. They got completely fleeced and gave away the heart of the franchise.

I'm sick, I have nothing more to say about this for now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hanzen pays homage to Towers by getting pennies on the dollar on a deal.

I hate sports

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That pic right there just made me really sad. Almost crying sad. Goldy is and will always be a Dback! I understand the business side, but the homer side is killing me....:(

Yup

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson