Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve waited my whole life.

Covid be damned I will see this in a theatre.

I’ve heard a lot of rumors about the plot they all pretty much say the same thing.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Godzilla Vs. Kong

Release Date: March 31, 2021
Studio: Legendary Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Adam Wingard
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of creature violence/destruction and brief language
Screenwriters: Terry Rossio, Patrick McKay, J.D. Payne, Lindsey Beer, Cat Vasko, T.S. Nowlin, J. Michael Straczynski
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure

Starring: Julian Dennison, Brian Tyree Henry, Danai Gurira, Kyle Chandler, Ziyi Zhang, Millie Bobby Brown, Demian Bichir, Rebecca Hall, Jessica Henwick, Shun Oguri, Alexander Skarsgård, Lance Reddick

Plot Summary: The epic next chapter in the cinematic Monsterverse pits two of the greatest icons in motion picture history against one another - the fearsome Godzilla and the mighty Kong - with humanity caught in the balance.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol... that’s kinda epic. Just curious, How much did this set you back?

300 bucks

you can rent out the whole theatre for 99 dollars for older movies like Caddyshack, Beverly Hills Cop, Forrest Gump and others.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
China Box Office: ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ Crushes With $70 Million Debut

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/china-box-office-godzilla-vs-kong-opening-weekend-1234939779/

Even though Chinese consumers are arduously calling for a boycott of Western brands concerned about potential human rights abuses in the country’s Xinjiang region, they apparently had no qualms about supporting Hollywood.

Warner Bros. and Legendary Entertainment’s “Godzilla vs. Kong” crushed its competitors in China this weekend with a $70 million debut, marking the biggest premiere for a foreign title in both 2020 and 2021. Its sales marked 82% of the weekend market share, coming from 42,000 screens and more than 11.8 million admissions.

Its $20.9 million (RMB137 million) opening day was also the biggest for a foreign film in the same period — more than double Tenet’s $8.7 million (RMB57 million) first day last September, the previous record-holder. “Tenet” had grossed $30 million in its first China weekend.

“Godzilla vs. Kong” is also now the foreign film with the most opening day pre-sales since cinemas shuttered due to COVID, having sold $6.88 million (RMB45 million) in tickets before its debut. It again beat out “Tenet,” which had previously been the champion with pre-sales of $3.44 million (RMB22.5 million).

China sales for the fourth film in Legendary’s “MonsterVerse” played a major role in boosting Imax to its biggest world-wide box office weekend since the start of the pandemic, with $12.4 million in global sales across 40 international markets.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
300 bucks

you can rent out the whole theatre for 99 dollars for older movies like Caddyshack, Beverly Hills Cop, Forrest Gump and others.

How many people could you include in that screening if you wanted to share the cost?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You get 20 tickets for it so it's actual not too bad if you have a group for it or do it as like your kid's bday party.

that I totally get. Actually just gave me an idea for my own bday this year where now I’m thinking about renting out a theater for TOP GUN 2 and inviting 10 friends who will all be dying to see it.

spending 300 bucks to see it alone? Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that I totally get. Actually just gave me an idea for my own bday this year where now I’m thinking about renting out a theater for TOP GUN 2 and inviting 10 friends who will all be dying to see it.

spending 300 bucks to see it alone? Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

it’s my Me time. I’m out of town working so it’s just me here but I am definitely the type to go to the movies at 9am on a weekday to see a movie all by myself especially one I’ve been waiting for so I can focus on the movie and watch it in peace. Last time I did that was for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
it’s my Me time. I’m out of town working so it’s just me here but I am definitely the type to go to the movies at 9am on a weekday to see a movie all by myself especially one I’ve been waiting for so I can focus on the movie and watch it in peace. Last time I did that was for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Why didn't you just buy a single ticket?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

$300 to have some peace watching it is nothing. I have about 30k into my home theater so that I have a great movie experience alone. And that's not counting the hours and hours of my labor building custom equipment and software for it. Yes, I'm nuts. :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
$300 to have some peace watching it is nothing. I have about 30k into my home theater so that I have a great movie experience alone. And that's not counting the hours and hours of my labor building custom equipment and software for it. Yes, I'm nuts. :D
Yes, but you can watch hours and hours of movies every day. Plus stick your kids in there when you don't want them underfoot. It's more thank just money my friend. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This I actually get. It’s an investment in your love of movies. I hope to do the same one day.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing this Saturday in Imax (just 1 ticket for me...).

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This I actually get. It’s an investment in your love of movies. I hope to do the same one day.

It's really nice to have. I can't wait until I buy my next house and can completely do a custom room. I'm renting right now so I'm limited with making house mods. It spoils you though. Going to the theater feels like a downgrade now when it comes to the sound system. No theater can match the TR I get from UFL. For a movie like this it's great because I'll feel all of the punches and fighting. I also really miss the old auditorium theaters and never really vibed on the stadium seating. I'd love to have one like the old Cine Capri (24th and Camelback one) back but with a modern sound system.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose