Go Titans, Bears, Jets and Giants!!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably even with a couple of win we have a top ten pick
In the same time a lot of teams just one win behind the Texans, if stroud is out two weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see them losing 3 games, and put them out of the playoff and giving us a pick around 13/16

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
People on this board said he was washed...he obviously isn't.
i think "past his prime" is accurate ---- where you only get the good stuff from Hop from time to time rather than all the time

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
rumor.... But youre quick to assign a title like "foolish" to it.
Sure am. Fans on a message board have takes. I'm not going to sit around and say, "Well, I can't KNOW for SURE, so I'm not allowed to have an opinion." Was it absolutely, positively known? No. Was it commonly thought around the league that he turned down early offers? Yes. I'm not going to be in the "give Monti the benefit of the doubt 100 percent of the time" camp. He's done well in some spots, badly in others. Grade incomplete, but he needs to stop the major blunders--and those aren't rumors.

football karma

Reaction score
No. Was it commonly thought around the league that he turned down early offers?
this *might* be true

but lets also be real: had Monti traded Hop for a 5th rounder, this thread would be about how he botched it and didnt get a 3rd.

Its been reported by a credible source that Hops new contract expectations were a dynamic that depressed interest.

im not in the "Monti is perfect" camp, but the Hop thing was complicated by factors out of his control.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this *might* be true

but lets also be real: had Monti traded Hop for a 5th rounder, this thread would be about how he botched it and didnt get a 3rd.

Its been reported by a credible source that Hops new contract expectations were a dynamic that depressed interest.

im not in the "Monti is perfect" camp, but the Hop thing was complicated by factors out of his control.
Yes no teams were willing to pay him that money and a pick, especially coming from a down year and the suspension for PED
his primadonna personality and the missing workouts scared some franchises too, he was 31by the way, the same age when we have signed Ertz....
I m not a Monti fan either, cause he did well with draft picks but he was bad in free agency

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this *might* be true

A real GM would’ve gotten four first round picks a new owner and a date for Trey McBride with Taylor Swift

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I guess you guys could say we won on the bye week? All the teams that we needed to win did. And kept a solid draft position.
Yup!

Next we need Houston to go into a downward spiral and lose @Tenn, Cleveland, Tennessee, and @Indy. It is realistic that they lose 3 or all 4. Monti's secret plan, let Dhop go to Tenn to beat the Texans. Pure genesis.:)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk, really don't understand why both sides are aiming for that "Gotcha" moment.
This type of posturing is throughout this whole site - Cards Forum, Suns, Movies, TV Shows, P+R, Mercury and Rattlers, etc......well maybe not so much the last two, Lol. But everyone is special and so smart and wants attention at the expense the of others.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a fake opinion. This was from Wednesday.
Oh, so literally ONE person who posted it with a question mark in response to a stat that was posted about this season. Immediately followed by @oaken1 correctly pointing out that separation was never an important part of Hopkins' repertoire, and zero further discussion.

Sounds like a good reason to call out all the "hilarious people who said Hop was washed." A great contribution to the board and not at all part of the "toxic culture" of calling out fake opinions here. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Oh, so literally ONE person who posted it with a question mark in response to a stat that was posted about this season. Immediately followed by @oaken1 correctly pointing out that separation was never an important part of Hopkins' repertoire, and zero further discussion.

Sounds like a good reason to call out all the "hilarious people who said Hop was washed." A great contribution to the board and not at all part of the "toxic culture" of calling out fake opinions here. Gotcha. :rolleyes:
Ok.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
If he didn’t want to be here that was fine but to not at least get a mid rounds draft pick for him was a crime. Pure incompetence or stupidity.
If they had traded him wouldn’t the new team take on the contract including what the Cardinals owed him? As a cut free agent he signed for much less. No team wanted to pay him the $20ish million. Am I wrong?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Cards will be picking no lower than 4th. With Daniels hype train just getting started, it might be the perfect landing spot for Marvin.
1-will be Williams via trade or by Chicago
2- NE taking a QB
3/4- Cards/Washington-Either spot looks good for Cards to get Harrison. If Wash is picking 3rd, they'll likely trade to a QB hungry team or go OL. They've got a pretty good WR room already.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure but you would have to assume Hopkins would have even showed up, practiced or even been healthy at this point had the Cards held onto him. He made it known he did NOT want to be here he forced his way out not much Monti could do…
That's a bad precedent to set then. IMO. Shouldn't run an NFL team like a NBA team.

football karma

Reaction score
If they had traded him wouldn’t the new team take on the contract including what the Cardinals owed him? As a cut free agent he signed for much less. No team wanted to pay him the $20ish million. Am I wrong?
correct -- and word was Hop was asking for an extension to pay him more

and the amount of time Hop spent on the market as a free agent suggests the market for him wasn't as robust as we all imagined

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
correct -- and word was Hop was asking for an extension to pay him more

and the amount of time Hop spent on the market as a free agent suggests the market for him wasn't as robust as we all imagined
This means nothing. We cut him well after the teams had allocated their precious Cap Space dollars.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson