GLB Updates

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been actually thinking of redoing everyone's contracts w/ large daily salaries...min. bonus and hold off on issuing dough for lvl 24 equipment till next season.

I see quite a bit of potential on intense training for this season...then focus on equipment upgrades next.

But I just haven't thought everything out yet. I just don't know.

Anyone have any input on this?

i agree with it. I'm always training on low because I don't have the cash to go higher and get cash to buy upgrades.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Ok, when you do your training on normal it is best to get the shopping token instead of the "extra training boost". This boost is only 1%. I am a little confused on the shopping tokens in regards to the special store and special equipment. Also what are bonus tokens?

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I trained 2 times today for all my guys. It said my lower DE had a "training breakthrough" and an additional 25% was added to his agility bar. No luck on my other 3 guys.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
I trained 2 times today for all my guys. It said my lower DE had a "training breakthrough" and an additional 25% was added to his agility bar. No luck on my other 3 guys.

WOOHOO!

You must be registered for see images

:D

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Unless you are under level 8, the special equipment is a complete waste of time. Nothing you purchase will ever be better than the equipment you are already have.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Love it... but how do I make it work? Type the name in advanced AI Output and the game automatically knows that I want that exact play?

Not exactly...when you click say "long pass"...the GLB engine will pick one of those plays...

I just thought the pictures are nice.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Not exactly...when you click say "long pass"...the GLB engine will pick one of those plays...

I just thought the pictures are nice.

Oh. Seeing the routes in nice I suppose.
What I've always wanted was to build offensive identity.

Have an ACE or I package we roll with as a primary and run lots of different plays from.

Of course Walsh always said "Just have a handful of plays and make them look different".

Either way, I thought it to be more than just pictures.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On Foxsports radio today someone had a question about RB's. The name of the team was the Gotham Knights. Any of us?

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
On Foxsports radio today someone had a question about RB's. The name of the team was the Gotham Knights. Any of us?

Pfft...freakin fantasy owners can't keep straight who's getting the starts between Six and da Kidd.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Per Bort

* Training points: Can have 14 max, and 14 carryover to next season.

* Bonus tokens: Can have unlimited max, and 8 carryover to next season.

* Shopping tokens: Can have unlimited max, and unlimited carryover to next season.

* Skill points: Can have unlimited max, and unlimited carryover to next season.

Please note that if you are running near the bonus token cap - You can buy the cheapest Advanced Equipment and dump your BT on in.

Anytime during the following season, you can sell the AEQ for a full BT refund.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Updates!

I bet superspck is going to be giddy about this....

You must be registered for see images attach

Bort
Admin

Oct 26, 2008 15:21:20

I've not been on the site the last couple days, hard at work on finishing and balancing some new tactics stuff for the upcoming season. Just thought I'd give a heads up as to what it is and what to expect when offseason rolls around:

Offense
- A ton of new offensive plays, with at least one of each type for play in each formation. Includes new QB runs to the inside/outside, HB draws, and some screen passes to the HB
- Some updates to some of the old offensive plays, fixes on them, etc.
- You can customize your playbook for each type of play (long WR pass, inside HB run, etc) as to the plays you want to run. Works for both basic and advanced!
- OAI selection by formation of play you want
- Run left/right bias settings
- Setting to keep tight end in to block on pass plays, along with the option to shift him to the weak side
- RB/FB/TE per play overrides (put your power back in on certain plays, put your blocking TE in on certain plays, etc)
- Many of these options have basic tactics updates attached as well
- No "flip play" yet, since I need to come up with some additional options for defense most likely to make it feasible.

Defense
- I've revived some of the old defensive plays and you'll be able to select specific ones in your AI settings from a list based on pictures of them (as an alternative to the current shell/underneath/blitz settings if you don't want to use them). These were all 4-3, so to add some 3-4 plays will take some additional time, and probably won't be ready right away.
- I'd like to add CB->WR matchup settings, but I haven't gotten to it quite yet.

Other Stuff
- QB kneel play
- Coffin corner punts
- Fix to punt return for gunners to get blocked properly
- Updates to pass blocking logic and play definitions should help player "stay home" a bit more and keep DE's in check a bit better. The actual movement code for DE's isn't getting changed, but the code for blockers has gotten an update.
- Some improvements to DB reaction time when playing zone defense
- Still adjusting QB scrambling, though I'm running into the old problem I did when it was more likely before with QB's running into sacks a lot. QB's are more likely to move again at the moment tho. Also, new QB rushing plays to the outside, etc.

I'll be in and out in general for the next few days as I keep working on this stuff and other things, so don't be worried if I'm not around!
You must be registered for see images attach

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
OK, I am hoarding my bonus tokens to eventually buy some advanced equipment. Lets say you have some gloves with +4 speed and you are at lvl 26. You can purchase a pair of advanced gloves with +4 speed, 2% tackle. Then upgrade these gloves like regular equipment for a total of +8 speed, 8% tackle. This will cost the same $$ and 32 bonus tokens. The key is hoarding them in cheap equipment until the time is right. And rolling the right equipment.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
By Bort said:
...- A query I just ran shows me that there are currently about 30,000 players whose agents who have logged on in the last 3 days who are between the levels of 3 and 13 and are either not on a team or are on a d-league team. ...

:shock:

Wow.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Update.

bort said:
This (thursday) for day -4, where construction, new schedules, season ticket sales, etc. all happen. Preseason games would start on day -3.

That means that TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO BOOST, BUILD STADIUM SECTIONS, AND GET ANY SWAP ISSUES CLEARED UP.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Season 6 is here.

We'll have about 4 days worth of scrimmage games before the season starts.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Found this tidbit:

Bort said:
jumpman21 said:
Bort said:
Orange is the "primary" receiver.

Does it affect the play that is chosen?

Yes, if you choose a "WR" play the primary target is always a WR. Note that they are all sorted into categories in the playbook.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
The newest message from Bort states that our equipment or SA are not figured into our scouting bars. That is kinda lame. Can't really base those bars on who to start or compare players etc..

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I've been forum browsing and some DE owners believe agility now trumps speed due to the vision/snap count mod implemented this season. I used my pre lvl 32 cash to purchase agility equipment to test it out. Basically switched all speed equipment with agility equipment. The comparison between last game and the next game should tell.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison