GINN - no more kick returns!

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is everyone else as sick as I am of seeing Ted Ginn look like THE worst KO return man in the history of the NFL? Every time the other team kicks off, I pray for a touchback, because if it ain't, odds are huge that Ginn won't come back anywhere near the 20, and may well bury us inside the 10, as he did again last night. Sure SOMEONE on the roster must be capable of doing better?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I get the hatting on Ginn, but damn most of the time he has nowhere to go. There is ZERO blocking and they have a clear shot at him almost every time. On KRs and PRs. Can't be all blamed on Ginn.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I get the hatting on Ginn, but damn most of the time he has nowhere to go. There is ZERO blocking and they have a clear shot at him almost every time. On KRs and PRs. Can't be all blamed on Ginn.

Fine, then down it or run it as far as you can. What a KR cannot ever do is run ten yards backwards and get tackled for a huge loss. It is a killer, and a rookie mistake. Ginn has been hot garbage.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have watched him closely all season long and he plays scared. It's not that he doesn't have the ability but dude runs like he is afraid to get hit...hoping to find a hole to get through.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fine, then down it or run it as far as you can. What a KR cannot ever do is run ten yards backwards and get tackled for a huge loss. It is a killer, and a rookie mistake. Ginn has been hot garbage.

True, but I think he is trying to make something happen rather then just go up the gut.

I have watched him closely all season long and he plays scared. It's not that he doesn't have the ability but dude runs like he is afraid to get hit...hoping to find a hole to get through.

He's been playing that way since the first game. I don't get that. Did he get hit hard one year and doesn't want it to happen again?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id rather have someone down it in the end zone every time than the 10 yard crap he does

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This was really clear on that running play, he took it and could have turned around the edge, gotten maybe 8-10 yards, but saw defenders and started stalling out, running towards the sideline for 2 yards - played it like JJ Arrington

:)

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Ginn may be released after the season. He was brought in to be the #3 receiver but has been beaten out by both John Brown and Jaron Brown. He is too expensive for what we are getting out of him.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Ginn may be released after the season. He was brought in to be the #3 receiver but has been beaten out by both John Brown and Jaron Brown. He is too expensive for what we are getting out of him.

He has one good return (TD) and a dozen catches..

Definitely not worth the $$

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
On one return he was out of the back of the endzone, caught the ball and I swear was thinking about returning it.....from out of bounds.

Normally he just runs to the 10 and starts to dance around. I would almost rather have nobody back there and take my chances.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair, as a returner Ginn was in don't hurt the team mode most of the season. Now that the offense is totally inept I'm sure that he has been instructed to try to make something happen.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

He has one good return (TD) and a dozen catches..

Definitely not worth the $$

I can't see any way he is on the roster next year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard