GE's new one second theater commercial

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So hubby and I were watching tv and we see this commercial for GE. No biggie, right? Just another commercial. Then suddenly, he notices that there was some kind of flash of something that didn't go with the rest of the commercial. Freaked us out, so he rewound it (thank goodness for DVR!) and we watched it again. Then rewound it again, only this time skipped through frame by frame. It was like a commercial within the commercial!!!

How brilliant are these people? This 30 second commercial got us to not only slowly watch their commercial multiple times, but it got us to go to their website to read more about it! http://www.ge.com/onesecondtheater/indexFlash.html

Just freakin' amazing advertising!!!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's funny because I only spend 1 second reading your posts!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
If you have a DVR, what are you doing watching commercials? If I plan to sit down and watch something that I haven’t recorded, I put the show on pause and go do something for a while. When I come back I can blast through all commercials. It’s a wonderful thing.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
CQ said:
So hubby and I were watching tv and we see this commercial for GE. No biggie, right? Just another commercial. Then suddenly, he notices that there was some kind of flash of something that didn't go with the rest of the commercial. Freaked us out, so he rewound it (thank goodness for DVR!) and we watched it again. Then rewound it again, only this time skipped through frame by frame. It was like a commercial within the commercial!!!

How brilliant are these people? This 30 second commercial got us to not only slowly watch their commercial multiple times, but it got us to go to their website to read more about it! http://www.ge.com/onesecondtheater/indexFlash.html

Just freakin' amazing advertising!!!

What was the commercial for?

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
If you have a DVR, what are you doing watching commercials? If I plan to sit down and watch something that I haven’t recorded, I put the show on pause and go do something for a while. When I come back I can blast through all commercials. It’s a wonderful thing.

Usually I do that too. But sometimes when we're just bumming at the end of the day, we just talk during the commercials, catch up on our crazy day. This one just caught his eye.

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
krepitch said:
What was the commercial for?

How funny is it that I can remember that stupid "one second theater" part of the commercial, but I can't for the life of me remember what GE product the actual commercial was advertising! LOL!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard