jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Funny Gene Smith Story

Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
I then asked what number I had called, and she said "You just called Dean Smith's office, the Athletic Director for Arizona State University."

boy, was my face red!

Dean Smith is associated with UNC Chapel Hill, not ASU. Didn't you realize you were calling North Carolina?

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
That's right Wiz- Gene Smith is the one that got this story on the front page of the Republic. He's being accountable to his employer, and has decided to make this a public issue.

Who do you think will win this public relations fiasco?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Who do you think will win this public relations fiasco?

The Cardinals couldn't win a public relations fiasco against Saddam in this town.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Taking that logic a step further, Mr. Smith should just dump all contracts that he, or any of predecessors, have entered into that do not suit him. Hey, put the heat on the Cardinals, I am sure it's thier fault that the Alums haven't warmed up to him and won't give to the department like they have in the past.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
I have a feeling this burr under our saddle isn't going away for a long time.

This is going to be ugly. Very ugly. It doesn't matter how "right" the Cardinals are, if they press for damages and hurt the athletic department, .....Man, it's going to really suck.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the Cards will turn around and make a donation to the ASU Athletic fund and be the PR heros for once?

PR aside they can't let this just drop, it sets a bad precedent --and we really don't need anoth "nice guy, bad business man", nail to hammer into Mr. B business coffin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort