Game 7 (AZ 24 PHI 20) Thoughts

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Yeah, Patrick Peterson probably should've won that matchup with an offensive tackle. That's on him and his lack of effort.

:lame:

Come on K9, PP showed little effort to shed the block at all and once Macklin was past him he simply quit on the play. Go watch it again. As soon as Macklin ran past him he turned and watched. Never gave pursuit. Even if he didn't catch him I at the very least want to see effort.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Come on K9, PP showed little effort to shed the block at all and once Macklin was past him he simply quit on the play. Go watch it again. As soon as Macklin ran past him he turned and watched. Never gave pursuit. Even if he didn't catch him I at the very least want to see effort.

We will disagree.

seesred

Reaction score
I have a different take on PP. I think he's not sure on how to play under the new rules. He has been called many times this year and has lost his aggressive way of playing CB. He is a different player this year. Congrats Mitch on another thoughtful write up.
GBR

Santiago

Reaction score
I have a different take on PP. I think he's not sure on how to play under the new rules. He has been called many times this year and has lost his aggressive way of playing CB. He is a different player this year. Congrats Mitch on another thoughtful write up.
GBR

This... plus he is still dealing with an ankle issue....

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to say this concerning Coach Arians and the play calling during the Eagles game. He said that he almost cost us the game. He also later said that Chip Kelley gave them defensive looks that they were not prepared for. That probably led to the vanilla play calling in the first half.

I believe that Kelley's defensive strategy caused BA to go away from what he normally would have called, or at least it stymied what BA had scripted for early in the game. This is the first time this year that BA was caught way off guard by the opponent Coach. He will, like the rest of us, make mistakes, or miscalculate from time to time. That should in no way diminish how he is perceived as our Head Coach. To his credit, he did make enough calls to get us a win in this extremely close fought game.

I like that he was up front about his short comings in this game, and gave full credit to his players for not giving the game away. I call that brutal honesty, a trait that I truly admire in BA. It is evident that his roster players and coaching assistants also admire that trait of his. The only person he threw under the bus was himself. How different is that from the two previous head coaches we had prior to him?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He was being held:

Attachments

• Peterson 1.jpg
    Peterson 1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Peterson 2.jpg
    Peterson 2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Peterson 3.jpg
    Peterson 3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 104

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to say this concerning Coach Arians and the play calling during the Eagles game. He said that he almost cost us the game. He also later said that Chip Kelley gave them defensive looks that they were not prepared for.

I wonder whether the Eagles, coming off their bye week, installed some new looks just for this game? Watching live at a sports bar, i didn't notice anything too unusual, nor have i seen any write-ups that describe anything unorthodox the Eagles did on D. Anyone have any ideas what they did to confound Arians?

...dbs

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agree with Mitch in his assessment on this play. Reminded me of the week earlier when Woodson was getting blocked, dropped his weight and shot out nearly horizontally to the ground to grab our players leg (Ellington?) and make a saving tackle. It seemed PP21 was swallowed up and didn't fight through which we saw a top shelf dback make the the week prior.

Except the player you're thinking of had the sideline to help contain that play. Not the same thing as this play.

He was being held:

Complete nonsense. He should have shed that hold like he was CC :sarcasm:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lane Johnson has 6 inches and 80 lbs on Patrick Peterson. How dare Peterson not toss him off like a rag doll. That's just bad form, concentration, fundamentals, and a creaky heart.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lane Johnson has 6 inches and 80 lbs on Patrick Peterson. How dare Peterson not toss him off like a rag doll. That's just bad form, concentration, fundamentals, and a creaky heart.

All that money went to his head.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not to mention that Lane Johnson is one of the most athletic OTs in the NFL.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison