Game 4 adjustments?

jibikao

Reaction score
What are your thoughts? I'll start mine:

1.) Last night, even though we got out rebounded, I like our energy level. Laker is just too tall for us and quite frankly, Faker is not the only team that can out rebound us. Kobe scored less than 20pt because every team wants to go inside to their big guys. Defensively I think we probably saw one of the best in this series on our part.

2.) On Offense. Now this is the part where D'Antoni has almost no pieces to work with. We have moments of running game but it usually only comes later in the 4th or early 1st when Laker's defense collapses a little. We saw some of Nash/Marion combo even though we didn't finish strong. Now, what has changed in late 4th? Marion's activity level went up and he was reading Nash's penetration a lot more. It also helps that we got two steals. Nash pushed the ball and Laker couldn't set up their defense in time. This is when we play our best game. Are we going to see that a lot? Probably not. Marion is like a time-bomb. He can corpse-walking the first 3Q and then suddenly turn up his activity level.

What I want to see is a solid 15-20min from Eddie House. We've seen enough of Barbosa. At this rate, we just need somebody to get on fire and fuels the team's energy. I don't think James Jones is the guy. Didn't House have a 60pt game in college? We need that now. We need him to shoot the whole team out of slump. Somebody needs to set an example of shooting without fear and I think he is the guy. Nash has been shooting relatively well but he is best at creating for others. We need the whole team to shoot the lights out to win this series. Diaw's inside game is too unreliable. I was hoping he and Nash can form some sorts of pick&roll threat but it is not going to happen i this series. If we shoot so well, we are going to have our chance to penetrate inside. Their big men will be drawn out.

I want to see less dribbling on Nash. Move the ball more and make Laker's defense RUN. Make them pay for staying with our shooters. We may not get our good looks in first half but I believe we can wear them down if we move the ball as the team. We are the best passing team in the league with the highest assist. Let's show that. Move the ball to force their big men move their feet. We push the ball every single chance we have.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
D'Antoni's adjusment: Hope the Suns play better

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
Folster said:
D'Antoni's adjusment: Hope the Suns play better

I hope he has more tricks than that. There must be some tricks to get our shooters open and build up the confidence besides Nash creating. How do you get mentally prepared? By succeeding. Nothing says more than a good old 3pt shot. Barbosa has been shooting like **** on 3pt line. He is the one that shows the most inexperience of all. I don't mind running a few plays to get Barbosa open for 3pt and build up his confidence. How many 3pt shot has House made? And James Jones? This says a lot about our confidence in shooting now. We can't play like this. We don't shoot, we die.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Here's an adjustment- line up the entire roster and have Charles Barkley burry his foot in their asses a few times.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Flagrant Foul Kwame Brown on the opening play, then stand over him and taunt him.

Any time the Lakers get a layup attempt, knock them on their ass.

Foul on every play and see how many the refs will call, even if it fouls out every player.

Point your finger in Kobe's face every chance you get.

If Phil Jackson runs onto the court and tries to get in between players again......knock him out. He should've been ejected for coming onto the court to begin with.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Flagrant Foul Kwame Brown on the opening play, then stand over him and taunt him.

Foul on every play and see how many the refs will call, even if it fouls out every player.

If Phil Jackson runs onto the court and tries to get in between players again......knock him out. He should've been ejected for coming onto the court to begin with.

Won't it be nice to see Nash actually punches somebody? lol

No serious, we gotta give hard fouls and stand over them and spit.

Mirth

Rookie
Reaction score
jbeecham said:

I have to agree here, we played like we were afraid. For God's sake switch it up, some of our guys are playing like crap. Put in House and Grant and tell Grant to punish people.

I hate the fact that we get no offensive rebounds. While I understand that our "philosophy" is to not defend and then race down to the other end and score, however when you are not scroing and not really even racing either what do you do?

If you go in with a game plan than stick to it. If you are getting your a$$ handed to you every night, then SWITCH IT UP.

Marion is a joke. Even if he gives great numbes when we are running, when we are not he is a liability. Jackson knows this and uses it. D'Antoni and Co. made the decisions of who to put on this team so no whining about we should have this guy or that guy or we just don't have enough size to play any other way... TOO BAD. You made your bed now sleep in it.

Stop being hesitant little b!tches and SHOOT the ball.

Good energy, but bad game plan and confidence..

I'm out..

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison